Order status? Order fulfilment? Any information at all?

Sorry, in advance for a potentially long post.

I placed an order back on May 18th for a DD1 (Pre-order at the time, with the availability date being June 22nd) a Formula V2 Rim with the Advanced Paddle Module, a GT Alcantara Rim, and a Button Cap and Sticker Set (ALL items excluding the DD1 were 100% in stock and available to be dispatched at the time of ordering.) I initially contacted the Fanatec Facebook page on June 17th; just casually enquiring whether the items that I (and I stress again) PAID for, had been put to one side, in hopes that my order would be dispatched as soon as a DD1 unit was available. The availability date (on the orders page) for the rims had changed to July 3rd, then later the same day, changing to July 31st (DD1 availability date was still stated as "Pre-order" at this time), this is what prompted me to send a message to Fanatec over Facebook. After around 2 weeks of silence, I filled out a contact form via your website again enquiring about my order, just seeking information or even acknowledgement as a customer. Fast forward to now and I still haven't received anything whatsoever in correspondence and I am just concerned where the products I ordered and paid for (over €2,000) are. The availability date for ALL physical deliverable items in my order (DD1 Base, Formula V2 Rim, Advanced Paddle Module, GT Alcantara Rim, Button Cap & Sticker Set) ARE in stock according to the order page availability date which is June 25th/June 26th, which is well over a week ago now. If the other items in my order were not placed to one side when I was billed for them, and I am now waiting for the rims to come back in stock, is this going to continue if the base then goes out of stock again and is this going to happen over and over? Is this even the case? Is there a supply/shipping issue from Fanatec to the UK? ANY information would be greatly appreciated.

I don't mind waiting a couple more weeks than anticipated for my order, if at the end of it all I am going to receive and enjoy the product I paid for. I completely understand the situation surrounding Covid-19 and the massive spike in interest in simracing during this time. Of course I am disappointed as a customer, however the lack of ANY correspondence is just abysmal. If any employee could even acknowledge this post and let me know that Fanatec even is a aware of their customers, that would be great. Maybe I'm stuck on a back-order list that has been lost or forgotten about. I have seen a number of happy customers post to social media that they have placed and received their orders within a week on certain items, I hope to see ANY email from Fanatec, just letting me know, you as a company acknowledge me as a customer.

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Jack,

I have checked your account, and there is no communication from you on our system.

If your contact form submission is successful, you should receive an immediate automated email to acknowledge this. These automated emails are also logged, and they aren't showing on your account, so I believe your contact form submission was not successful. There can be different reasons for that. Occasionally there is a website hitch that prevents a form from going through, but when that happens it should be quite clear, because the site will just hang or go to an Error 500 page. It could also be a browser/connection issue on your side.

But in any case, I agree that for delayed orders, you should have received some communication from us without prompting. There have indeed been bulk messages sent out the customers for certain delays, so I'm not sure why that hasn't happened for your order. Only the sales team would be able to answer that.

I have sent you a PM.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

This discussion has been closed.