Bummer

Hey, Fanatec employees.

I have a heavy heart when I say I don’t have enough confidence in your company to order about $4k of product after watching from the sidelines for about six months.

I wanted so badly to purchase your highest end (dd2) product to replace something I’ve been using for about ten years. I don’t throw money away, so I certainly do a bit of due diligence before I give someone a large sum of money.

The forum posts regarding issues with the “irregularities” in wheel fit for the podium, the numerous issues with your website and ordering system, the DOA forum post, and, like I need any more references, I saw so many forum posts that were completely neglected.

I’m sure you have a good product when it is manufactured properly, payment is processed properly, product is sent properly, it reaches its intended destination without issue, and needs no support. From what I’m reading, this isn’t happening at all times.

Comments

• They have sort of a monopoly when it comes to mid segment, you have entry logitech/thrustmaster gear then in the middle there is only Fanatec with their CSW 2.5 and v3 pedals.

But when it comes to high end i don't see how would Fanatec win that, i guess people feel locked into their "eco" system, 80$ to ship a steering wheel to Canada ( Porsche GT3 RS ) no way.

Then Simucube 2 pro is cheaper then DD2, conversion of Fanatec rim is about 90$ so my asumption is that people are impatient and order DD2 since SC 2 pro is out of stock.

But i feel you, after yesterday when i wanted to upgrade pedals to V3 that could cost me about 700 ca$ shipped I'll rather add 250 ca$ more and get Heusinkveld's.

This is just my personal opinion.

• i researched for 24mos after Gamer Muscle posted a video question, "is a direct drive cheating ".

24mos of waiting and reading, this has shown that if you want to play it all and i play it all on 1, this is it!

Fanatec has systems which are "Supposed" to operate seamlessly in their ecosystem, but they dont occasionally . however, this is to be expected from a company growing in a market space empty of competition as logitech and thrustmaster are no competition at even the csl level and none operate on all systems.

I looked at accuforce, simcube and bodnar.

All were ludicrously expensive and horribly limited in configuration and stuck on pc?

The fanatec is for someone who isnt going to hide on some obscure sim on pc which is where any other system will eventually strand u.

i play wreckfest with my system, jimmy Broadbent plays on a controller, thats lame!

this thread is a weak post by someone without a dog in this fight, go buy something else then and save service space for people with real problems!

mods should burn this post from here up!