DD1 doesn't recognize any Steering wheel

My DD1 doesn't recognize any Steering wheel anymore.

Pedals and USB connection still works.

The Steering wheel symbol is off (tried with 3 different ones)

Also in the controller panel only the wheel base and pedals are detected.

No broken Pins, tried Firmware updates, reconnecting several times, nothing works.

Anyone with any idea?

PC driver: 335

Wheelbase Firmware: 653

Wheelbase Motor Firmware: 30

Comments

• edited July 2020

Which wheel?

The driver and firmware are quite old, newer wheels like BME or Podium Hub need newer drivers.

Controller panel always only shows usb devices, so only base and Pedals, no steering wheel.

• Florian LichtFlorian Licht Member
    edited July 2020

2 x Universal Hub and a Formula Black Steeringwheel.

I stayed with the older drivers because they worked fine for me and I don't get any jolts and other beta problems.

Yesterday I noticed that the LEDS from the formula Black didn't worked for a minute, but that was gone after restart.

But today it looks like the connection to the quickrelease is completely dead, but no broken pins...

That's what I mean with the controller panel (after open DD1 controller Panel)

No Steeringwheel detected, same on the DD1 Display:

Only pedales recognized

• I would pull up the manual and follow the procedure to remove the gold part from the front - there are two cables with connectors in the shaft, reseating both of these might help reconnect.

Maybe You'll get lucky and it's just a loose connection.

worth trying before RMA'ing the unit.

• Did that, but everything looks good. But thank you for the suggestion, I think I have to go for the RMA...

reading other posts this will take some time before somebody gonna respond...

At least I had a very good last race in ACC before this happened... ;(

• Sounds like a power transfer issue unfortunately.

Don't forget, as a fanatec customer you can open a support case from your my products page, you'll get a case number almost immediately.

It will still take the team a few days to get to it, but it should be faster than opening a generic request on the contact page, and getting the email confirmation with a case number lets you know it made it into the support ticket system.

• Yes I also think it's a powertransfer issue, but never heard/saw that problem by anyone else...

Thank you, I opened the support case from my product page, no case number by now, but let's wait and see.

I'm gonna be patient... I have no other choice xD... thank you guys for the support...

• Such a bummer - have you had it long?

• Yeah really a bummer, I was having so much fun, maybe too much for the simracing gods xD

One and a half year, so still in warranty, luckily.

• Florian LichtFlorian Licht Member
    edited July 2020

Do you know if the case number is created automatically? Because I didn't get one after open up the RMA.

• I have discovered a small workaround:

I've just connected the Xbox universal hub via USB to the PC, everything works normal that way, also the wheelbase recognizes the Steeringwheel again.

At least now I can drive again until I maybe get an answer/RMA, but nothing from Fanatec for over a week now, this is getting frustrating...