Podium R300 assigning PS4 buttons

Hi all,

I have a CSL Elite PS4 (F1 bundle) and just ordered and received the Podium R300 bundle. First of all, looks awesome!

I'm trying to configure it for using it on the PS4. I've updated the drivers and it seems to be working fine (in Windows in the Fanatec update/configure app I can see the correct buttons lighting up when I push them). However I'm not able to figure out how to map the buttons (of the shifter, and button clusters) to PS4 buttons, e.g. shifter + to R2, button cluster to L1, O, X, etc. Now nothing happens when I push / pull them in-game.

Can anyone advise me how to do this?

Thanks!

Erik

Comments

• Aaron ScottAaron Scott Member
    edited December 2019

i was under the impression from some people at fanatec that the podium hub would be incompatible with csl/clubsport bases on ps4. they said it would work with a podium base, but not the others.

i believe thats why there is a podium 911r and a clubsport 911r package.

p.s. no clue for pc or xb1 ,just ps4 as thats my main concern and have been told all podium stuff at its heart is geared towards the pc market.

• if you haven't yet, in the playstation settings, >accessibility >button assignments and let us know how it works out.

• Hi Erik,

I think I have the same issue.

CSL Elite PS4 Wheel Base

Podium Hub

Clubsport Button Cluster

In the driver software you can not assign the buttons, hence the setup does not have a "PS" button and I can´t even

register the hole setup as a controller on the PS4. In other words I cannot enter the PS4 with this setup.

Is this your exact problem or have you been able to get into the PS4??

I did send a support request to Fanatec...... lets see what they answer......

I have the funny feeling that we would need a dedicated PS4 button cluster which does not yet exist.

The Endurance Button Modul has a "PS" button but it is not compatible with the CSL Wheel Base.

I will keep my progress posted here.........

Cheers

• Aaron ScottAaron Scott Member
    edited December 2019

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/1444/podium-hub-and-r300-controls-for-dd1-ps4-base#latest

yeah, unfortunately this was a known issue ,at least to me when this became available for pre-order and it should not have ever been labeled ps4 ready?

I was informed by techs that this would need a upcoming button box, like the new Porsche button box Endurance module or whatever they are calling it.

they have said in other threads that there are possibly other boxes to follow that will be able to be added to the r300 till then this is why I waited for the 911 rim and am currently waiting and hopefully using it and not looking at it on a shelf for similar reasons.

• Hope this helps; I struggled also with finding a way to get the cluster buttons working for the PS4 and luckily a couple of days ago a new beta driver is released making the most left button of the right button cluster the PS button. So signing in on the PS4 is a 3 second push on this button and there you go.

version is: Fanatec_64_driver_346_beta

There is by the way another way to get the podium hub/r300/button cluster pack working on the PS4 by logging in to the PS4 with another steering wheel (F1 for example) sign in with the PS button and then replace the steering wheel with the R300/podium hub with cluster button pack. That does not log out the device so you can still use it... not convenient and with the latest release not relevant anymore

• Hi Martijn, thanks a lot for the hint.

I will try that this evening.

I already tried the hot swap that you mentioned but the PS4 lost connection after some time.

Do you know how the other buttons correlate to CROSS, CIRCLE, SQUARE and TRIANGLE?

• I'm on PC driver 356 and everything says it's up-to-date but this PS button feature seems to be disabled on this version.

Makes the rim unusable without hot swapping to the standard CSL rim.

I'll have to downgrade my firmware and try again later.

• Good day guys,

Have purchased a CSL Elite bundle for PS4 and extra the Podium Steering Wheel Porsche 911 GT3R package.

Have assembled everything but when the podium steering wheel is connected to my CSL Elite wheel base is not being recognized and doesn't work at all.

So I guess I am in the same boat.

Did you guys managed to get a permanent fix?

• Hello all,

still no change on this topic i assume PS Button not available/functional.

My understanding is that we will have to wait until Fanatec releases a firmware update that supports Podium Hub and Button Clusters also on the CSL Elite Base.

I tested on PC and there it works fine.

We need a firmware update I am pretty sure....

• Update for my case.

only the quick swap works.

it doesn’t recognize the endurance module when you connect to the laptop and only recognizes tje hub with the shifters. 🤔

I think I might have to get the clubsport hub instead and see if it will work.

anyone tried it?

• Hi All,

it works now for me with the latest beta driver 3.81 I think it is.

Podium Hub plus Clubsport Buttons

Press the Option Button for 3sec that basically

works as the PS Button.

Also works in Purpel Compatibility Mode for Dirt Rally 2.0 for example.

All on CSL Elite Base...

Cheers

Carsten