CSL ELITE WHEEL BASE FOR PS4

Good afternoon All

Just need some help or advise .. CSL ELITE WHEEL BASE officially license for PS4 and pro .. We spend amount of money yesterday for my 12 yr wheel pedals , base ect ect .. Everything is available except the base .. What I can understand It’s for PS4 and only available 15 October , if you on Xbox you can get it next day .. So do I cancel the base and see if I can buy it somewhere.. Poor youngster bday is in 4 weeks

Comments

• edited July 2020

For PS4 the compatibility for the console is in the base while for X-box is in the wheel it self.

This is why the PS stuff are slightly more expensive due to the chip and "rights" that manufacturers have to pay to SONY.

So if you are planning to have it connected on a PS4 then you have to wait unfortunately (or try to find an affiliate to FANATEC seller depending on your location) because if you buy any other base that is not PS4 compatible it will not work.

• Thank you very much Advise .. will be long wait lol ..

• Thank you .. But will it be compatible with the podium formula V2 wheel ..

• Make 73Make 73 Member
    edited July 2020

I just heard that you can use CSW 2.5 with drivehub, I don´t have it.

At CronusMAX shop Fanatec DD1 F1 is listed so I assume it´s compatible (same wheel as Formula v2).

Maby someone else could confirm?!?

• Ok thank you .. really need to get things sorted on my order .. telling a youngster 12 weeks for 1 product won’t go down well lol

• Can someone tell me if ANY Fanatec wheel will work on a Fanatec CSL Elite wheel base V1.1? After a forever wait for my order to be processed, I'm giving up and goint the Ebay route buying the base separately and then looking for a reasonably priced wheel that will work with the Fanatec CSL Elite wheel base V1.1.

• Most wheels are compatible with the the V1.1 .. wish my order was just the wheel instead of the base ..

• Thanks for the reply. It's been incredibly frustrating dealing with Fanatec. Would be nice if their Customer Service was as good as their products. Ordered the wheel and base on June 5th. I knew it was backordered but they said it would be available on June 30. That stretched out to July 30th, August 9th, then back to July 30 and now it's October 15. Really??

• Tell me about it .. I even looked to get the CSL ELITE Base for PS4 pro from somewhere else .. The prices is double some companies want £600 for the base .. unbelievable honestly .. Why can’t they at least send our items out that they got so we can look after them lol .. I’m going to ha e very unhappy 12 yr in 4 weeks

• Fanatec just dropped the available date back to July 29th. No notice; nothing! Now I have to drop the Ebay search and see what happens on 7/29.

• Well thats good at least you have a proper date now .. 12 weeks plus is a eternity to wait lol

• Check with the lads at digital motorsports. Their service is good. Used them also for my first set up because Fanatec is not shipping in UAE directly and my local affiliate didn't have any stock available plus he was closed due to the lockdown back then. Not sure about the price because my screen shows 376 GBP but I guess is the price without the VAT.

https://digital-motorsports.com/products/fanatec-csl-elite-wheel-and-wheel-base

• Thank you .. yes they sold out on the base as well.

October will be the new Xmas for csl elite base lol ..

• edited July 2020

Strange. The link I have posted still shows in stock.🙄

EDIT: (maybe because it comes with the steering wheel as well and you checked the base only that shows sold out)

• Yes I only need the base , we ordered the v2 wheel .. thanks You for helping..

• Morning everyone ... Just a small little confusing question , not complaining at all .. Tuesday was told my csl elite base not in stock , date will be 15 October ... Now this morning everything in stock ready to ship but my buttons and loadcell pedal not available until 21august ..All above items was available on purchase .. so come 21Aug and my wheel is out of stock the date will change again .. Is this just the norm .. Why don’t they box each customers order until the order is filled ect ..

• On a brighter note, I was informed yesterday that my base + wheel would be shipped on August 7. Hopefully that's true. Good luck Jayne with your dilemma.

John Reggio

• Thank you John and you .. At least it’s better than 15 October lol