Fanatec - please help

I became a Fanatec customer in April when I purchased a Formula V2 wheel, CSW V2.5 and V3 pedals. Unfortunately, I received a faulty wheel (one of LEDs didn't work). The return process left me without a working setup for the better part of a month. After receiving a replacement and attempting to bind the thumb encoders I realise the replacement is faulty and need to return it too. When I raised the support ticket to begin the return process I proposed purchasing another wheel at a discount to ensure I wasn't left unable to play for another month. This request was refused. This is not how a good company treats their customers. I'm hoping someone at Fanatec sees this and makes this right.

Comments

• Well, as it was directly refused by Fanatec why would they come here and make this "right"?

They have decided about your request and it's usually not possible to get a discount for another wheel just because you have to RMA your other wheel.

You are treated like every other customer here... Nothing your post in this forum could change, sorry.

• Why? Because I'm getting the rough end of the pineapple through no fault of my own.

I didn't ask for a discount because I've had to return a faulty wheel. I've asked for one because I've had to return a faulty wheel TWICE. Once my RMA is sorted I will have spent as much time waiting for replacements as having use of them. Is it unreasonable to ask for discount to purchase another Fanatec product in this circumstance, all things considered? Clearly you think it is, so let's agree to disagree.

• It's by no mean unreasonable but they refused your request already, so why would another Fanatec employee now decide something completely different which is against the decision his colleague already did? This won't happen, sorry.

I feel bad for your bad lack, usually I am a person who always has bad luck when he buys something and I always have to RMA at leat once (not just Fanatec, this is for literally everything I buy online) so I know how you feel but they already decided about your case and just because you make the case public in the forum doesn't change this decision I think.

• I live in hope

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Aaron,

Please continue to communicate with the support team. If the replacement unit is also determined to be defective out of the box (or shortly after the exchange), this type of case is unusual and therefore would automatically receive an escalation.

[Fanatec Community Manager]