Just another customer in the queue...

No point in simply updating an earlier post... they just stay in order of posting and gradually disappear down the ever-growing list of hapless customers who have in good faith cast thousands of dollars into the void and beg with increasing frustration for scraps of information.

So for what its worth, here is the update on my little saga.

Order and pay for CSW Forza bundle on July 2 - availability 24 July

then within 1 week of my order - availability 21 August

then a few days later - 25 August

now today - 17 September!

And the website still shows as available August 21.

And not a single formal status update from Fanatec since April 24!

I purchased in good faith after accepting the assurances of the Community Manager posted on this forum that clear, acknowledged problems with regard to pre-ordered bundles were being actively addressed. Just a single, honest and meaningful update on whats going on in quarter a year isn't to much to expect, surely?

Even the best of excuses wear thin after a while...

Edit: I return to add, by way of comparison, the experience I had yesterday,

I am currently also looking at upgrading my sim-rig and have been particularly interested in one brand of internationally distributed T-slot Al. profile cockpit. The one I'm interested in costs about half the value of my current Fanatec order.

This company have experienced the same demand spike as Fanatec, have similar production arrangements and also only have products available on pre-order. With one 5 minute phone call, I resolved all my queries in conversation with an intelligent, well informed sales rep who rattled off detailed information on the status of various build consignments in both production and transit.

He also indicated that the company has sound systems in place to prioritise delivery of new stock to existing orders.

Just a world away from my Fanatec CS experience. Why?

Comments

• Just keep in mind, I also pre ordered some items with an eta of Aug,7th was not able to get a response and seen my items jump to October. A day after noticing that i received an email about them shipping my items on the 27th. So there is hope im in Canada also so US site...

• Simon OlsenSimon Olsen Member
    edited July 2020

Thanks Kyle. I live in hope of a small miracle.

I keep remembering the other stories I've read here. The disabled veteran waiting months for his wheel. The Dad who saved and pre-ordered in ample time for his daughter's birthday. All just left to slowly fall down the list of unanswered pleas for information. I know my own inconvenience is small compared to others. But I still just can't begin to comprehend why there hasn't been a single status update, like promised, since April. And, I cannot understand why bundles continue to be advertised as available almost a full month in advance of my paid-for order's availability date.

AND, I am so totally sick of crashing out of races because of my worn out entry-level gear, and inevitably smacking right into the middle of a trackside Fanatec billboard. In AMS2 most of my favorite tracks are just plastered with them. Talk about adding insult to injury!