Podium Button Module Endurance Software Package v1.2 [Incl. Instructions] (Only Podium DD)

Comments

• Dear all,

I got stuck in not being able to flash the podium hub fw to 2. I am using driver 353 and when the podium hub is plugged in opening up the property page it prompts to flash the hub fw, and the fw updater is started. However when u press the connect button the program stalled from there. It's the same regardless of whether the DD2 base is running 669 or 670 fw. I am on Windows 10 64bit 1909. Anyone experiencing similar issues? Best regards, Christine Wong.

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

Try the same with unplugging the cable of the Button Module if not done already.

• Tks Marcel. Just to reiterate the button module was not plugged in at all from day 1. Nonetheless will try with unplugging and plugging the USB of the DD2 to the PC as well as changing from USB3.0 to 2.0 and see if that makes a difference. Failing that will also try flashing with Win10 1709 too and report back. Christine.

edited January 2020

Hello Everyone

I've updated the first post with a new software package.

Changes:

• The installation process is now simpler as the firmware files are now included in the driver and don't have to be selected manually.
    • The blue screen issue should be solved.
    • Driver UI now shows correct position of the Multi-Position-Switches
    • Fixed issue that Motor Firmware Updater not working.
    • Fixed issue on Mouse Tab that emulation of button 1 and button 3 is inverted for steering wheel Formula V2.
    • Fixed issue in the Tuning Menu Tab that changing the MPS mode affects the TM parameters Slider value.
    • Fixed issue in the Tuning Menu Tab that adjusting the TM parameter Slider affects the other TM parameters value.
    • Possible Fix of Property Page not showing after Driver installation.

Sorry no other changes regarding the Firmware yet, we are still working on them.

• Great to see your effort to improve your products and software. I'm hoping for a flawless experience, plug'n play with no issues on a stable version (non-beta) of your software and firmware within the next 6 months.

• "- Remove the wheel and click on "Motor Sensor calibration", attach the wheel after the process in done."

Should I do this, if only driver updated from 353 to 356? No firmware updated (already lastest from v1.1 package)?

• You only have to to that after you flashed the motor firmware

• I've Installed everything and run the firmware update however the Wheel Base Firmware only updates to 669 not 670 and the BME is not detected

• David PayneDavid Payne Member
    edited January 2020

I look forward to ClubSport base support in the next 6 months.

Is it driver 356? I've just double checked and for me it flashes 670.

• Aaron ScottAaron Scott Member
    edited January 2020

So no change at all yet, just some pc ui stability stuff?

• yes, as no new firmware is included nothing can change other than UI and driver relevant issues like BSODs

• Well..

10 days after Fanatec Support received my steering wheel back.

No answer, no clue on what is happening. No answer on the USA phone.

For a $650 steering wheel, I was expecting much more attention.

• When can we expect stable drivers for --------- (Porsche 911 GT3 R leather steering wheel) ???????

• Just a follow up it turns out the issue of not being able to update the podium hub firmware is simply because of again the different USB ports. I ended up using an USB 2.0 port instead of 3.0 and the upgrade for the podium hub and the button module went smoothly ( u still need to unplug the button module to upgrade the hub 1st though ). Am using driver 357 and does that mean I can switch my DD2 to comp 2.5 mode to toggle some further settings when I am running AC? Christine.

There should be no problem with running COMP V2.5 mode but if you have FanaLab running anyway there is no need to use it as AC1 works fine with the DD being in PC mode and the only missing things are the native LED and display support you also can get through FanaLab.

• I started seeing issues related to this too.

Using 3.0, I can see the base on my Driver's properties, but Fanalab doesn't show them.

When I moved back to 2.0, worked.

• Hi Guys!

I have recently started to use the Endurance Module and noticed the speed and gear keep flashing in between each other on the button module's screen. Is this a known bug somehow?

Also, in Fanalab, there's no options under each of the 5 setups I have, and you can't even click on 1 through 5 at all. It's grayed out.

This is on my DD2 in iRacing and also in ACC, i noticed it happening in both sims.

All firmware was the newest firmware since I got the button module (unless something was updated recently?)

• On the BME only the first page is enabled as of now. On the DD all 5 pages are enabled, however also only the first one is working best, rest is work in progress so expect some bugs on pages 2-5.

But,what do you mean with flashing in between? It's a known issue that the gears are shown sometime as n on the BME and as 0, 8, 9 or n or some other artefact on the DD screen. You mean that?

• edited January 2020

Does button module works in iRacing without fanalab? I did not install Fanalab, button module works like other displays (only gear number).

• generally yes but you need Fanalab running in the background to get the ITM working.

• For example, as I'm hitting the gas and speed is increasing, it seems to flash a gear. I didnt pay attention to which gears it was showing but it wasnt smoothly going through the speedometer range basically, and flashing gears in between (it could be n, but it was going so fast i didnt pay attention.

But if it's still buggy, then I'll just wait until a stable version. Other screens were better usage anyway.

• By the way, has anyone tried to fit a GT wheel onto the Endurance Module ? If so, which would fit?

• -Can I use BME without fanalab?

-Yes, but you should use fanalab

) )

• is very funny and sad. must be very embarrassing for jackermayer

• Or you can write a letter to all game devs and convince them to implement the ITM natively in the game code 😁

• Mark FarrisMark Farris Member
    edited January 2020

I've sent a message to support already, but I just received my Podium Steering Wheel Porshe 911. When it came time to update the BME, the firmware update software had an error at ~92%. The error states "Error: Update image failed(No response packet from target device) Update process is stopped by error."

I was forced to shut down the firmware update. Now the BME doesn't register at all, and the USB C is connected. Everything else, the DD1 base/motor/steering wheel are all at the appropriate driver versions (670/38/and 2). Did that firmware error brick my BME? Is there anything else I can do?

I've followed the OP, making sure to update the rim with the BME unplugged, When I plug in the BME, and click on the update steering wheel firmware, it either just re-updates the podium mount rim, or like I mentioned earlier, I will get that error. I've also tried completely uninstalling everything and starting from scratch, still the same problem.

The paddles work fine, and my Podium F1 wheel works fine as well. No pins are bent. I was really excited to get this thing up and running, so this is certainly kind of disappointing!

• Quick question while I still wait for support to get back to me. With the BME plugged in, should the OLED light up at all when you attach the wheel to the base, even without the firmware for it installed? The reason I'm asking is because I was able to reproduce that same error *without* the BME USB cable attached. After many uninstalls/reinstalls/reboots/ it seems like error happens with the Podium Rim, but only occasionally.

If the OLED is supposed to light up, then I think that means my BME is just DOA, since it never has for me. If it requires the firmware to be updated for the OLED to work then I'm sort of at an impasse, since I've followed the OP and the readme to the letter about 8 times now with countless complete uninstalls and computer reboots and haven't been able to get any further than step 4 since the BME never shows up.

If the Base and so on are up to date and the BME is connected via the USB Type C to the hub the display should light up and show the Fanatec Logo when detected and also react to pressing the tuning menu button and show the menu.

Really sorry that it doesn't work for you, hope support can solve it quickly.

This discussion has been closed.