Podium Button Module Endurance Software Package v1.2 [Incl. Instructions] (Only Podium DD)

Comments

• Michael DoanMichael Doan Member
    edited December 2019

I made it as far as the motor calibration after installing driver 353 and updating the wheel base with 1819. The first calibration seemed more ‘coggy’ than 346 so I decided to run it again. This 2nd time, when it started to spin at the very start, it made a loud POP almost like it was a rusted bolt that finally broke loose. The rotation jerked about 130-180 degrees before finishing the rest smoothly.

i have reverted to driver 346 and all associated firmwares for the time being. Motor calibration was smooth this time around (346).

if possible, it would be great to enable PMBE functionality with everything else unchanged from 346. Until then I’m afraid the new wheel will be on the shelf. Wheel is of great quality by the way.

I’m now running the following:

• driver 346
    • wheel base 662
    • motor 30

• It’s super odd how some people get the popping and some don’t with the same exact drivers and equipment.

I had to install drivers multiple times to get it to actually work.

• My wheel is due today with a new DD2, after reading about the issues with V352 and the DD bases, should I install V346 or V347 and just accept I wont be able to use the button module for now? I don't have another wheel to use with the base, I assume I can use the wheel and podium shifters without the button module active?

Thanks

• This is the first I’ve heard of popping during motor calibration. It was violent.

• Michael DoanMichael Doan Member
    edited December 2019

Yes your shifters will work fine with v346. Just not the buttons or ITM screen. Unplug the USB-C plug from the bottom.

v347 is for CSL and CSW wheels only.

• I did not realize there was a new driver other than 352 to download last night when I put together my new Porsche wheel with endurance module. But I did go into the current driver software and update everything before attempting to use it.

In the driver button test phase, everything was registering fine except for the 2 little paddles on the top (advanced paddle module) were reversed when clicking. Weird.

In-game (iRacing), I set up a couple of buttons and took off. The screen displays the current gear and allows me to adjust tuning (same as the Podium Base), and seemed to operate just fine, albeit without telemetry as far as I could tell. So, I suppose my question is....do I need to update to the 353 drivers at this point? I would rather not risk my new equipment at this time lol And heck I'm happy with it for now.

Although, the Shift LED's are INSANELY bright! Like distractingly bright. Can definitely see them, no way to miss it haha. But yeah, you could light up a small room with those things. :)

• Yes, you NEED to update to driver 353 and flash the firmware to v670 and BME firmware to v9. This will solve all your issues. Leds are much brighter with the stock firmware and are fixed with the newest v9 firmware to brightness level of the Formula v2. Also to access the ITM you need FanaLab v1.24 and then press Tuning Menu Button together with Dpad turn to access page 1 of the ITM.

• Ok, thanks Maurice.

• That fixed everything. :) Updates went smoothly, no issues so far except I lost my settings lol. Still trying to figure out how to get the telemetry onto the wheel display. It works fine on the DD1 Base display though. I'll figure it out, just have to read the manual/webpages.

• Yep, works perfectly now. Telemetry page is great. :)

• I think I lost all my settings too. Maurice, do you think the recommended settings page will be updated with the new tuning features that came to the DDs. I wasn’t sure what to put on any of those new ones

• I ordered the Universal Hub version of the Porsche GT3 rim with BME. I understand that the BME isn't fully supported with my Clubsport V2.5 wheelbase until a future firmware so when I assembled, installed, and ran several laps on iRacing and AC the OLED screen displays only the Fanatec logo.

My question is, is there an advantage to update to the V347 firmware at this time (Currently using V346)?

Other question is, will I get legacy info on the OLED screen when installing the BME driver or will that potentially introduce issues?

• makes no difference in your case. You have to wait until Q1 2020 to get a firmware for your CSW v2.5 which makes the BME compatible.

• edited December 2019

Why the unnecessary confusion? In the quick start guide there is a button map - the buttons are assigned different numbers for PC and in the game controller on the mouse page the buttons are assigned different numbers again. I want to report an issue with the two top right buttons or specifically the top right . These are nos 6 and 7, 02 and 03 or 2 and 4 depending which map description used.

The problem I perceive is that on the first screen of the game controller where buttons are tested, if I press the top right button (that's 6,2,2) both the lights on the game controller screen for the top right button (6,2,2) and the light for the second top right button (7.03,4) light up at the same time. If I press the second top right button (7,03,4) only its own light on the game controller screen lights up. I have not yet assigned functions for these buttons so I don't know if it is just a game controller problem or more serious.

Further if I have enabled mouse emulation and I press the default button (9,01,8) in the game controller first screen it doesn't light up, but if mouse emulation is disabled it does light up - is this normal?

PC driver 353

Wheelbase firmware 670

Wheelbase Motor firmware 38

steering wheel firmware 9

Podium hub firmware 2

DD2

Fanalab V1.24 beta

Windows 10 64 bit

Apart from the above which is not causing me a problem at the moment, I have found the new wheel a pleasure to use on my brief use of it.

• Those are known issues of the previous wrongly uploaded firmware 670_rev1821 which was already replaced by the 670_rev1819 Firmware which is included in the driver package v1.1 in the first post. Please redownload that package and flash the base firmware to the correct one and your issues are solved.

• Thanks for that - sorted.

However no explanation for the numbering confusion and that's before games add their own interpretation.

• Is there a list of buttons that correspond to those on the PS4 controller?

• Where can I get the correct hex file as the one in the download above is "670rev1819" and not the "670rev1821"

• Gagaryn .Gagaryn . Member
    edited December 2019

1819 is the correct one. 1821 had incorrect button mapping .

• It’s on the Porsche podium wheel product page under Downloads.

• Thanks guys 👍🏻

• I think I have rev1821 installed. Am I just able to reflash the firmware with rev1819?

i downloaded the V1.1 package but I think it still had rev1821 in it. Now I don’t remember :(

• Just download the package from the PBME webpage install that driver and reflash the base firmware even if it says you have the same or a new version. Then you'll have the 1819 revision for sure.

• v1.1 contains 1819

• I wish the podium interface displayed what firmware was installed instead of just saying v670, since both are 670

i had to do some trouble shooting to get it all up and running and was hoping not to have to go through it again

• edited December 2019

I have the Fanatec Podium Racing Wheel F1 version of the DD1. Yesterday I upgraded the driver to v353 which is part of the P BME Software Package v.1.1, to get ready for my Podium Steering Wheel Porsche 911 GT3 R Suede. https://fanatec.com/eu-en/steering-wheels/podium-steering-wheel-porsche-911-gt3-r-suede. I then updated the base firmware, the motor firmware and the wheel firmware on the formula rim (I don't have the porsche wheel yet). I could play in GT Sport for an hour and then suddenly the wheelrim just lost the connection to the base. When I turn on the base, the formula rim is not recognized and nothing show in the LED screen on the formula rim. The wheel icon doesn't show on the base, only the pedals icon. The base is left in the PS4 mode and I cannot change it to PC mode, none of the buttons on the wheel are working. When I start the Fanatec Wheel Property Page, it shows "FANATEC Podium Wheel Base DD1 PlayStation 4", so I cannot get into the software. Before the upgrade, it would show two controllers for which I could press the Properties to get into the configuration, calibration etc.

I also believe I can hear a noise coming from the base (like a low whining) and I can definitely feel something when turning the wheel rim now, that I couldn't running the old official driver v335.

Would it be safe to go into bootloader mode with the drive version v335 and downgrade the firmware? I cannot change the base from PS4 mode, but I think I saw someone write that it would automatically be in PC mode if the wheel rim was taken of. When I do that, it still says PS4, even after turning off and on. So is it still safe to try a firmware downgrade when the base is in PS4 mode?

Windows 10 64-bit

Driver V353

Base firmware V670, revision 1819

Latest motor firmware and wheelrim firmware (formula rim)

• WarmRedWarmRed Member
    edited December 2019

Two buttons are still missing for the PS4 assignment. Does anyone know what they are?

I found it, shame on me ...

• Can some one confirm if the Left Joy stick is working on the PBME... Im trying to figure out if its the Dr/Fw or My Left joy stick is Not working.. My unit has been updated and Even when i select the emulate mouse function My Left Joy stick is Not registering any movement in the Function test tuning Menu and also it will Not Move My on scree mouse.

This discussion has been closed.