Podium Button Module Endurance Software Package v1.2 [Incl. Instructions] (Only Podium DD)

Comments

• Mine works, with the problems described in known Issues

• edited December 2019

So your saying that when your in the Control panel you can see the Left Joy stick Movents inside the Analogue Joy stick Box.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AwL7WiZn4NoQMXe5OXtI27QiC_4_c5nb/view?usp=drivesdk

aren't these lines supposed to move...just want to know for sure if its the PBME unit or Fw issue.

Even when I enable Emulate Mouse I see No Movement... Also the Mouse on the Screen just Goes to the Bottom of the Screen as if I have it pushed totally Down... The Stick feels Ok its Not loose or Floppy Just I can't see it function in any way.

• Mine works. I haven't tried setting it up to emulate mouse but I use it in R3E - mapped to move seat!

• FYI Using v1.1 makes the H shifter not work correctly eg when in reverse it reads as 1st gear (button 13) and first gear as first gear (button 13 and 3rd gear position reads as 5th gear etc etc

I reinstalled the earlier 1821 version and now the H shifter works again

Also had some blue screens at doing different things eg when I went in to the Control panel driver settings to run the Fanatec controller to do the update it blue screened - not the second time though. Another blue screen occurred on pulling the wheel off the base.

Third bit: is the mild cogging that occurs on turning at speed the "noise" that people talk about? I hav enot been able to stop this with Interpolation or linearity settings on.

Thank you😀🙏 for being available over the holidays!!!!!!

• edited December 2019

Thanks!!! I'm gonna try this😀

Its Ok for Now but Dr/Fw Needs tweeking... That's Not a Issue I'm sure it will be fixed... ATM My main concern is making sure the all the buttons and switches on the unit work.

• Aaron ScottAaron Scott Member
    edited December 2019

Wow,

if that wasn't the most treacherous update I've ever had to do. I got everything working as much as it's going to for PS4, but it was an eye opening experience.

The base "Bricked" at least 3 times, this is what happens when the file wont load and you interrupt it. it locks up and the power button blinks and becomes unresponsive.

What a freak out! I can see having your base no matter the cost doing this and somebody having a sinking feeling. Blah ,squash that unplug it and start over.

Now having the the separate betas and firmware all over my harddrive and in the webshop and so on to cause this was no bueno.

I guess its Beta testing Blues, try updating a Orion Speeder, they suck too.🤷‍♂️, if it were easy everyone would do it and probably be faster for it too.

However, i eventually got it lit, some buttons work and most important it is round like a donut!

Aside from that, not much to say which hasn't been said as i got it yesterday 🤦‍♂️, i knew the function for me would be limited and it could be worse and i hope it can get better and only better.

what i wont do is , I definitely wont be an engineer who comes here to tell u not to try it or use it, because of a sound, as i didn't design it and its a harmless toy.

ps4 pro

Dd1 for Ps4

V353

Rev1819

v9

and stuff, im sorry i never get that part right.

note, im sure i did something wrong, but none of the buttons matched the key for ps4 as detailed in the PBME guide

Rev lights did not work on wreckfest, but did on Gt sport and Dirt Rally 2.0.

The "FS" acted strange too, in game "FS" registers as X and ps simultaneously when pressed and is still touchy when rotated.

And Button Caps, why are ps4 ready products not coming with the appropriate button caps nor are they available for sale in the store?

• Hi DroorS

Did you at any point during the upgrade experience that the wheelbase was not recognizing the wheel?

I am unsure if I can safely go into bootloader mode and reinstall the firmware for the base or if it will just leave the base in the high-fan mode. As long as the wheel isn't recognized I cannot enter the Fanatec Driver to re-update the firmware of the motor and the wheel.

• i did it all several times ,I'm sure you can re Flash it, I would wait to hear from a proper fanatec engineer to confirm this in order to make sure but 🤷‍♂️

• The Base Goes into High Fan Mode Until you Flash the Motor FW... So that's Normal...Then everything will become Normal.

• Thanks I know that now. My biggest issue is that the wheel disconnected and won't be recognized by the wheel base. I have created a support case with Fanatec.

• Hey Jacob, try another USB Port and the repair option in the driver installation. I had the same problem like you do and this solved it for me. :)

• Maybe found another bug? my handbrake does not work when connected to the DD2, but it works when connected to V3i or the ClubSport USB Adapter, I have tried different cable (same that works with V3i and USB adapter) but does not work

Anyone else with the same problem?

DD2

911 GT3 R

• My Hand Brake is working connected to DD2 wheel.

Maybe Reflash wheel FW.

I got the PBME issue sorted I had the Bottom Pedals in Analogue mode and that was causing the Left Joystick to Not work.

Thanks Again Maurice😁

• Aaron ScottAaron Scott Member
    edited December 2019

So no dual clutch if you want the axis stick to have the mouse emulation work properly?

My handbrake has been acting up since i got a podium base,🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️, from every port unless i cheat it into working.

• The Dual Clutch works.... ANA mode --> Only when you want to use them as Buttons they are on the same axis as the Joystick So joy stick is disabled.

Dunno whats what with the HB issue Mine always worked...I have the HB 1.5 model.

• I tried another USB port and two different PC's. I also did the driver repair option, but the wheel it self is till disconnected from the base. The base is left in PS4 mode so I can't change it to PC mode as the buttons on the wheel are not working. I'm looking forward to hear from support or someone else who tried it, if it is safe to go into bootloader mode and reinstall the firmware.

• Keith IwanabeKeith Iwanabe Member
    edited December 2019

I’m having a weird issue. The Porsche wheel feels smooth after installing everything in the V1.1 package on this page (when playing iRacing).

When I switch back to the F1 wheel (on DD1) every time I turn the wheel it feels super notchy and rough. Like it’s unplayable like this. Is anyone else experiencing this? How would I go about fixing this? I’m assuming I would have to downgrade drivers?

What is super weird is that it is only on Games that have the clubsport V3 F1 wheel in the game profile. I jumped back into iRacing with the F1 wheel still on the base (without restarting the base), and the notchy feeling is gone when driving on iRacing. I’m baffled...

• Just to clarify this is occurring on f1 2019 and dirt rally 2.0. Both games that have profiles saved with the recommended fanatec settings and both show the clubsport v3 wheel in fanalab.

Iracing is the only profile that shows the podium hub and the BME in the fanalab profile, but it feels smooth with both the Porsche wheel and the F1 wheel.

This isn’t making logical sense to me as it seems like it would either be notchy all the time, or none of the time.

• edited December 2019

So, is this the expected behavior for now?

The screen of mine lights up, but Windows does not see any of the buttons as joystick inputs... so until this is fixed, the BME is 100% useless to me.

• edited December 2019

Is this expected behavior as well?

I don't own a CSL nor has one ever been plugged into my computer. It also "presses" nearly every button all at once, repeatedly.

This happens every-so-often only when the rim with the BME is plugged into my CSW v2.5.

• edited December 2019

All weird things can happen when you attach the BME because it's not supported by your wheel base, yes. Please disconnect the USB-C cable from the BME until a compatible Firmware was rolled out in 2020 for your wheel base.

• Keith please excuse my request for calcification.

Are you confirming that both the Formula and BME work in iRacing with

PC driver 353

Base firmware V670, revision 1819

Wheelbase Motor firmware 38

steering wheel firmware 1.1

Podium hub firmware 2

DD1

Fanalab V1.24 beta

Windows 10 64 bit

I see that Maurice is back but that the page one post has not been updated to indicate all of the comments in the posts.

It would be beneficial to all to have one place to get the instructions.

• Keith IwanabeKeith Iwanabe Member
    edited December 2019

thanks Bill, I will answer your request as soon as I can get back to my computer, but yes I am confirming that both work with iRacing. But the F1 wheel is not being used at the same time as the BME, just to clarify.

I meant that I used the Porsche podium wheel with the BME with DD1. That works fine...then I take that off and put on the F1 wheel...that still works fine.

Then when I switch to any other game such as F1 2019 or Dirt Rally 2.0...the wheel feels super notchy everytime it is turned in either direction

• Ok I’m a massive idiot. After talking with Droors and scouring all the driver threads, I realized that I had to manually reactivate the interpolation setting back to 6 and that fixes the notchy feeling.

Since that is a new setting, mine actually defaulted to “OFF” when I launched anything other than iRacing.

Maybe it should be noted in the original instructions that you may have to go back and individually activate interpolation to 6 or above to get rid of the notches (since I read of others having this same issue)

• Suggestion for New Dr/Fw

Would it be possible to Have a Setting Either in the Fanatec Control Panel or on the wheel base to adjust the Brightness of the LED Lights??? at the very least Low, Med, High settings or best case would be a Slider to adjust 0 --> 10.... I ask for this in the Dr or Wheel Fw and Not as a Fanalab feature because I don't always use Fanalab while playing... Depending on the Time of Day and Lighting in My Room the LED Lights some times seem very bright.... I'm on the Current Dr/Fw.

• That’s actually indeed being considered, for sure not impossible to do but will need some time.

This discussion has been closed.