CSW2.5 keeps disconnecting

So i received my order yesterday (thx for the prompt delivery!). After some trouble setting things up because i tried to get it connected via usb extender and the combo not showing up proper in the gamecontroller setting i connected than to the pc directly. And how joyful i was, cause it worked. Or seemed to, as after a couple of minutes of driving i got the windows-usb-disconnect sound and had no input anymore. After a short moment it connected again but without ff. Having put a couple of hours in i decided to call it a day and put everything away.

So today with new energy i wanted to get things up again. Set everything up, started acc, drove 2 laps and: dingdong, usb-device-disconnect sound again, no ff. I rewired everything, screwed up the srews a little, unplugged all the cable, replugged again, fixed the wheelbase to the rig again and started over. After 4 laps i got the disconnect sound again and im getting seriously frustrated.

Ideas anyone?

Comments

• After another round of rewiring i unconnected the pedals from the base and have connected them to the pc directly. Now after a lap of very fine racing the base resets itself to xbox-mode! Well atleast it wont do that stupid usb-device disconnect sound anymore. Yeah! Come on guys, gimme some ideas.... ^^

• Ha, a complete un- and then reinstall of everything fanatec did the trick. Also not reinstalled fanalab, though i will later and think that this wont make or break stuff. If it does ill comment later....

• AAAaaaaaaand its back. In the middle of a nice drive in Silverstone base decides its time to switch to xbox mode. Weird. Could do 2h without problems, now it reverts to xbox mode within the first minute.