New to fanatec and SIM racing

Hi all,

Just got my clubsport V2 wheel with the CSL elite base for my PS4 and I am having trouble getting this thing setup. To go from out of the box to racing on Formula 1 2020, I am assuming the steps are that I need to download firmware for each component I have and then calibration of sorts. I was reading that you must have a windows PC to run the firmware software and update the components but I didnt see that when I ordered. My questions are is my general process to get things running correct and is it a must to have a windows PC or is there a way to get around that?

thanks

Comments

• You don't need to do anything - just hook it up to your PS4 and play it.

In general, these products are all have upgradable firmware and it's a good idea to update to the latest, but right now the inventory is flying off the shelf as fast as they can make them, so you have a good chance of having a pretty current firmware, if not the latest, right out of the box.

• @jack do I need to download a driver?

• Nope, not for the PS4.

Just for clarity - the wheelbase you buy needs to specifically support the PS4.

I am assuming you got this: https://fanatec.com/us-en/racing-wheels-wheel-bases/wheel-bases/csl-elite-wheel-base-officially-licensed-for-ps4

and not this: https://fanatec.com/us-en/racing-wheels-wheel-bases/wheel-bases/csl-elite-wheel-base-v1.1

Note the following text from the quickstart guide:

The CSL Elite Wheel Base + (A) will start in “PlayStation®4 Mode” by default. To switch to other modes press the “Mode” button once. The LED above the “ ” button will indicate the current operation mode: • Blue indicates “PlayStation®4 mode” • Red indicates “PC mode” • Purple indicates “ClubSport Wheel Base V2 Compatibility Mode”

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

We always recommend that you update the firmware before using Fanatec products on PC or console, which means you should download the driver package, which must be installed using a Windows PC. The hardware might work out of the box on PS4, but there are certain combinations of products that may require a newer firmware installation. We recommend that you download the latest driver package based on the products you are trying to use together. So in the case of the Formula V2 and CSL Elite Wheel Base +, the driver version on the Formula V2 product page is newer (a higher number), so you should install that, and use that to update the wheel base firmware, motor firmware, and steering wheel firmware.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Hi,

I'm very interested in getting one of your bundle for my PS5 but I might have an issue with those PCs updates in order to get the system updated with last drivers and ready to ride at its best. Being in California and specifically in SF, it's almost impossible to find someone with a PC in hand other than at work and that can't happen.

So question! Would you be willing to update the system with the last drivers so the all system is ready to work (plug and play) before sending to customers?

Thank you for your input.