CSW 2.5 can't go negativ DRI

I just got a CSW 2 back from Fanatec, where it was updated to V2.5

But I can’t make it go to negative DRI values as its supposed to do. It will only do from off to +5. It registers as a V2.5 in windows.

I noticed that the wheel base motor firmware is reading 0, and I can't update it. When pressing on update it just shots down the proportion page and nothing happens (no bootloader or anything comes up). I have tried with both official and beta versions, and none of them works for the wheel base motor firmware. The wheel base firmware updates fine on all of them.

Is this (the lack of wheel base motor firmware the reason I can’t go to negative DRI values or might there be something else wrong?

Comments

• edited January 2020

If I remember correctly, the DRI settings are different for a CSWv2.5, i.e. there are no negative values.

As for the motor firmware showing zero, I've seen that reported before. Unfortunately I don't know how to fix that, and you should contact Fanatec Support.

Please try v336 of the Fanatec driver, and see if that shows the proper motor firmware (and updates properly). Sometimes it helps to connect the wheel base to a different PC (e.g. a laptop) to update the firmware. No idea why on some PCs it's not working, but it's been reported multiple times in the past).