New shipping date for ClubSport Wheel Base V2

Comments

• I hope you guys are right.Everyday that fanatec doesn't have a next gen compatible wheel is another day that thrustmaster  potentially sells another plastic wheel to a would be fanatec customer,holding firmly onto their share of the next gen market.some people are only gonna buy one wheel so i really hope if thomas has an ace up his sleeve,he plays it sooner than later.For purely selfish reasons I don't want to buy another rim or two and then find out that i could've used that money to get a ps4 rim instead. I can only go to the well so often and Im sure the next gen rims will be extra cheap because we so desperately need them.....NOT. Either way i hope your right Dog.

:-?
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited January 2015
    Quick question:
    What's the difference between selecting the G25 mode, or the G27 mode when using a CSW or a CSWv2 in GT6 (or any other game) is it just the LEDs or are there other additional differences?

@Thomas
    I've read a few reviews regarding the CSWv2 and they state that the wheel has "added damper" that can be disabled by the user. Some state that "Drift 5 = NO Dampening" and that the default "Drift 0" has an added artificial damper?

Can you clarify on this? The information comes from 2 of the big reviews and has left me a little confused? Thanks in advance.
  • edited January 2015

Natalie,

in topic: Let us know what you think of your new tool, page 8 don below. It's all about button configuration. There are pictures added too to know whre the buttons go for the 918 rim, G27 config. And use G25 config on the BMW rim....as for the F1 I don't know...

;)
  • The V2 is Recognised as a G27 in GT6... that was a Prob i figured out coming from my CSR Elite in GT6.... You cant map the Buttons using G25 profile... Dirt3, Grid autosport and F1 2014 all see the CSW v2 as a G27.... Grid autosport has a CSW wheel profile in it!!!

I Have Some Good Settings for the CSW v2 and GT6 if you would like to try them.
  • The Damper is only Felt on the Dash Board when No Game is Loaded...Not in Game.
    after Loading Game you will Not Feel the Damper as the Game or Wheel FFB Settings Take over.

just like when its on the PC what ever you Have Set in your Controler Profiler takes over if you have your Sen Set to off... If you have settings in the wheel they over ride the Settings on your PC.
  • I thought I saw Thomas mentioning somewhere that it's to do some drifting in racing games...so that the steering goes lighter to keep you sideways ?
  • edited January 2015
    The V2 is Recognised as a G27 in GT6... that was a Prob i figured out coming from my CSR Elite in GT6.... You cant map the Buttons using G25 profile... Dirt3, Grid autosport and F1 2014 all see the CSW v2 as a G27.... Grid autosport has a CSW wheel profile in it!!!

I Have Some Good Settings for the CSW v2 and GT6 if you would like to try them.
    Edit im using the Porsche Rim and the F1 Black Rim they Both Button Map as a G27.... I dont know how it goes with the BMW Rim.
  • I thought I saw Thomas mentioning somewhere that it's to do some drifting in racing games...so that the steering goes lighter to keep you sideways ?
    Yes that only Comes into play when using the Dri setting.... The Dpr & Spr Controle Wheel Weight and How Hard it Trys to Return to Center... If you Turn Dpr and Spr off in F1 you get No FFB at all
    edited January 2015
    @Grimey
    That would be so helpful. I Will be playing F1 2013 and GT6 and Grid AutoSport and Dirt 3 until my XBO wheel arrives and I'll move to PCars and Forza.

Feel free to PM me if you want.
    I know some people might wonder why I'm asking for base settings, it's because I want to hit the floor running and not have to spend a few days finding the same issues that others have already found :)

It means I can jump straight into the game, learn my own style but still have some fun too :)

Absolutely any settings you would be kind enough to share for the CSWv2 (Porshe Rim and F1 Carbon) in the games listed would be absolutely wonderful and would save me a huge headache, as I already have lots to learn and take in :)

RE: F1
    I often wondered why people turn off spr and dpr as from what I read, those are the forces that pull the wheel back to the centre (which i thought is like when my real life car wheel, pulls its self back to centre after a turn) so what what do you recommend for those games?

If you have a list of settings that you could send, I think that would a great way for me to at least be up and running with decent settings from someone in the know. I will figure it all out eventually, but a helping hand from an experienced friend is always a little added bonus :)

I'll be using the Porsche rim and F1 carbon until my XBO wheel arrives. You mention that they register as a G27 in GT6 etc. That's good to know as I thought I read somewhere that others were selecting G25 fir some reason, but as this has no LEDs I was confused why. It wouldn't be so bad if I have some foundations, but I am brand new to some of the games and the hardware so I have a lot to learn. Any help/advice really is appreciated :)
  • The Xbox One wheel has to be compatible with PC and Xbox 360, at least. If not, i think it will be a fail.
  • Assetto Corsa i'm hereeeeee :)
  • The Xbox One wheel has to be compatible with PC and Xbox 360, at least. If not, i think it will be a fail.
    X1 and 360 compatibility? I think that would be really cool, but I also think that is a pipe dream.

Here's what they say about other official xbox peripherals.

Can I use the accessories (racing wheel, wireless headset, etc.) from my Xbox 360 on my Xbox One?

Xbox 360 accessories are not compatible with Xbox One and Xbox One Accessories are not compatible with Xbox 360

Source

• Dillon....if you've got the Xone wheel. Do you wanna try if the Cronus Max works with the 360 (At least I thought you have one) ? If it does I'm gonna buy myself one too !

Ps, still no word on the CM V2 is there ?

X1 and 360 compatibility? I think that would be really cool, but I also think that is a pipe dream.

Here's what they say about other official xbox peripherals.

Can I use the accessories (racing wheel, wireless headset, etc.) from my Xbox 360 on my Xbox One?

Xbox 360 accessories are not compatible with Xbox One and Xbox One Accessories are not compatible with Xbox 360

Source

Dillon,

I agree that it's not likely. Also don't know why it'd be a "fail"? Just because one person wants everything to work on everything? Most of us understand that's just not the way things work.
  • If anyone want's an invitation of ClubSport Wheel Base V2 Servo EU, please send me an email at [email protected] 

Attention! It will be invalid on 2015-01-27 CET
    He said they are trying for PC support. It doesnt really matter just put a PC wheel on the base, that is the whole point of it being modular. 
  • edited January 2015
    Natalie Bissell

My GT6 Steering Characteristics settings are
    Simulation
    Steering asst Off
    FFB 10
    FFB sen 4

V2 wheel settings
    Sen 540    Works Great in All Cars so far
    FFB 75% using Porsche Rim  ........65% When using F1 Rim
    Sho 100%
    ABS 55%
    Lin Off
    Dea Off
    Dri Off
    For 110  using Porsche Rim .....100 Using F1 Rim
    Spr 100
    Dpr 100

Let me Know how you find these settings... When i Put in F1 2014 i will post those settings also if you want to try them.
    Using the Porsche Rim 75% FFB feels just right Not too Strong Not too Weak.... Using the f1 Rim you have to turn the FFB to 65% and the For down to 100 because the rim is smaller and the FFB Feels Much Stronger due to that. 

The V2 Wheel Feels Great!!!  It actually Feels as its Supposed too Even in GT6  IE: When you have Sports tires on the Wheel Weight and FFB Effects are Lighter and there is more Rumbling/Wheel chatter effect as your car loses grip... When using Racing Tires the Wheel weight and FFB Feel Heavier and stronger with less Chatter because you have more grip but will get lighter as you get to the peak of Grip you will know Exactly how hard you can push the car befor it lets go!!!  Using this wheel on GT6 is definitly a advantage over some one who may be using a CSR Elite... I can only compair it to the Elite because thats what i was using on GT6 before i got the V2.... any 1 else have a CSW, G27 or G25 that they want to share a comparison on how these wheels feel on GT6?

•  
    Why do you pc guys keep nagging about people need to buy a pc  %-(
    It's their own decision isn't it !!
    If you like to spend 1000 bucks for a proper gaming pc and every 4 months some more to upgrade, it's your choice.
    Others, like me too, choose the simplicity of buying a console, put a disc in it and game on. And if graphics or some other features aren't that great or implemented....I'm still having just as much fun...So who gives a ****
    That's nonsense you need to upgrade every 4 months, I built a PC 3 years ago that is still far more powerful than both current gen consoles and my point is the money spent on a Thrustmaster wheel could buy a video card that is way more powerful than the console GPU's. You can also use the Rift DK2 on PC sims which is far cheaper than 3 monitors.
  • Love my v2 base but it looks very likely I'm gonna have to buy a thrust master wheel for project cars on the ps4, much to my annoyance !
    Why would you do that when pCars is already out on PC and far superior to what the ps4 will get?
    Jason do you know how I can try a beta of project cars? I have it preordered but PCars does not have any beta downloads available.
    You have to purchase the Project Cars beta it isn't free, it works similar to rFactor 2
    Hey Grimey,

Thanks for this Information. I can't wait to try these out on my wheel when it arrives. It should be shipping at the end of this Month so not long to go.

We really need a thread where we can all post certain tried and tested settings for games, cars, systems Etc so that people can use them like a "foundation" to build upon. It seems fruitless to let everyone learn the same thing in an isolated manner. Most websites or groups work in a similar way (Like TMDb et. For example) users notice a missing show/movie, log in, add the correct Information and the rest of the world sees it and has access to it. Like Wikipedia etc too :)

A "CSW V2 Foundations" thread would be great so that when users get their wheel or a new game, the current owners of that game can post about any quirks in the game settings or issues with the FFB etc and how to correct it using the wheels settings. Otherwise people will just drive along and think the wheel is rubbish and perhaps not know how to fix it or the exact configuration to get it to feel right.

I really appreciate these settings and will pop them right into my wheel as soon as it arrives. I can tweak to my liking but it's great to have foundation and others options, it's very Valuable!

Any settings you have for games like F1 2013/2014/GT5/Dirt 3/Grid AutoSport/ would be great. And when the XBO wheel is announced, FM5/FH2/PCars :D

@Thomas would you perhaps open a thread for "CSW V2 Foundations" where owners can post really useful settings, tips, tricks advice and game/car configs for the community, I think that would be very useful.

Also, I asked customer services about possibly adding a handbrake to my (already huge) order (I keep buying more things from you, but just can't help myself) however, I was unable to find out how to mount this to the CSL?
    Can the CSH be mounted to the CSL with the included attachments or do I need to purchase an option extra, and of so, what would that be :)

Thanks Grimey and thanks to you too Thomas x
  •  That's nonsense you need to upgrade every 4 months, I built a PC 3 years ago that is still far more powerful than both current gen consoles and my point is the money spent on a Thrustmaster wheel could buy a video card that is way more powerful than the console GPU's. You can also use the Rift DK2 on PC sims which is far cheaper than 3 monitors
    At the end of the day its just a matter of personal choice...i do both and i just like to plug and play and not worry about a bunch of settings, Bugggs or system Crashes

•  That's nonsense you need to upgrade every 4 months, I built a PC 3 years ago that is still far more powerful than both current gen consoles and my point is the money spent on a Thrustmaster wheel could buy a video card that is way more powerful than the console GPU's. You can also use the Rift DK2 on PC sims which is far cheaper than 3 monitors
    At the end of the day its just a matter of personal choice...i do both and i just like to plug and play and not worry about a bunch of settings, Bugggs or system Crashes

http://youtu.be/9-ylEl8nAQ0hey

Hey Grimey, long time no race man. I build my own PC's so I don't suffer system crashes as for bugs, that has to do with the games themselves and nothing to do with platform. Halo Master Chief Collection still has server bugs after all this time :(

The revolution in sim racing is the Oculus Rift, I just can't seem to go back to monitors again. Any sim racing fan owes it to themselves to try one, it's the only device that puts you exactly in the drivers seat perfectly positioned no matter what car you drive. When using monitors it would be next to impossible to adjust the position everytime you try a different style of car

• My GT6 settings for BMW Rim

Steering Characteristics settings are
    Simulation
    Steering asst Off
    FFB 3
    FFB sen 6

V2 wheel settings
    Sen Off
    FFB 100%
    Sho 100%
    ABS Off (or 100%) can't remember
    Lin Off
    Dea Off
    Dri Off
    For 100
    Spr 0
    Dpr 0

I'm still tuning and haven't used it that much on GT6. My Eureka moment was setting DPR and SPR to 0. I recommend you experiment with those and see what you like.
  • Dillon....if you've got the Xone wheel. Do you wanna try if the Cronus Max works with the 360 (At least I thought you have one) ? If it does I'm gonna buy myself one too !

Ps, still no word on the CM V2 is there ?

I sold the TX a long time ago when I figured out I could have just as much fun with the CSR. Any wheel that is PC compatible will work on the 360. Full FFB though? Not likely, just the usual adjustable strength spring back to center and various rumbles for all effects. And nope, still no official word yet, but there has been a few small updates about it every now and then.

• edited January 2015
    Spr & Dpr 100 or 0 Have No Effect in GT6... or atleast Not as far as i can feel. I dont think GT6 uses that type of FFB ...100% would be equal to 0% or it accepts game signal and put it out as is No + or -.... There are 5 steps to increase 150 Max Spr/Dpr and 10 Steps to Decrease Spr/Dpr 1 Lowest and Spr/Dpr Off... Based on Playing with the wheel Setting this is How The Spr/Dpr Settings Seem to Work...Dont Quote me but thats jmo Based on My Experience adjusting the Spr/Dpr.
    F1 2014, Dirt3 and Grid the Dpr & Spr Can Be Noticably Felt when Changes are made to those settings....If you Set Spr & Dpr to Off you get No FFB at all in those games
    He said they are trying for PC support. It doesnt really matter just put a PC wheel on the base, that is the whole point of it being modular. 
    Yes i know that, but if the "Xbox One" wheel is only a wheel to put on the Clubsport Wheel base, this is gonna be a bad news. My CSR is very good on PC AND 360, with the same wheel (cause you can't change it, and it's very good like that, i don't pay 300$ for a little piece of plastic to change platform). This has to be the same for Xbox One, and i really hope compatibility with pc and 360. People who bought FM5, they may want to go back to FM4 occasionally, preferably with the same wheel, don't you think so ? money does not grow on trees
  • Guiot ClementGuiot Clement Member
    edited January 2015
    Yes i know that, but if the "Xbox One" wheel is only a wheel to put on the Clubsport Wheel base, this is gonna be a bad news. My CSR is very good on PC AND 360, with the same wheel (cause you can't change it, and it's very good like that, i don't pay 300$ for a little piece of plastic to change platform). This has to be the same for Xbox One, and i really hope compatibility with pc and 360. People who bought FM5, they may want to go back to FM4 occasionally, preferably with the same wheel, don't you think so ? money does not grow on trees

Would this be nice? Of course. But the best I see happening would be Xbox One and PC. I don't see Xbox 360 compatibility with the X1 wheels/rims. If I'm wrong, GREAT! But with MS history I just don't see them allowing Fanatec to do all this. Fanatec could easily do this and more. They could make it PS3/4 compatible also. But we know MS won't allow it. This always comes down to what will MS allow and when. (Because policies change over time)
  • Josha CraigJosha Craig Member
    edited January 2015
    The Xbox One wheel has to be compatible with PC and Xbox 360, at least. If not, i think it will be a fail.
    That is the case, read the Xbox One announcement again, it is just a wheel to put on the V2 base. they have not even hinted at anything other than that. 
    " fans will be able to enable Xbox One compatibility on their Fanatec wheel bases by simply attaching an Xbox One steering wheel to an Xbox One enabled Fanatec wheel base (like the ClubSport Wheel Base V2)"

Also since the 360 and X1 use different FFB languages and need different wireless modules an all in one wheel is almost certainly not happening. If it did it woudln't be in a $300 wheel. 

They have spent all this time trying to sell the V2, a lot of us only bought it for X1 compatibility, they wont shoot themselves in the foot and release a standalone CSR X1 edition for $300. If they do it wont be this year and they will wait until people stop buying the V2. When they said differetn price points for wheels they mean F1 rim for $180 BMW rim for $250 and porsche wheel for $400. 

So yes money doesnt grow on trees, but the X1 fanatec solution is a $750+ solution. So if you are holding out for a $300 standalone wheel that does 360 and X1 it will be bad news for you. The volume is really low for them, selling an extra few thousand cheap wheels on a separate manufacturing process doesnt make sense. 
    That is the case, read the Xbox One announcement again, it is just a wheel to put on the V2 base. they have not even hinted at anything other than that. 
    " fans will be able to enable Xbox One compatibility on their Fanatec wheel bases by simply attaching an Xbox One steering wheel to an Xbox One enabled Fanatec wheel base (like the ClubSport Wheel Base V2)"

Also since the 360 and X1 use different FFB languages and need different wireless modules an all in one wheel is almost certainly not happening. If it did it woudln't be in a $300 wheel. 

They have spent all this time trying to sell the V2, a lot of us only bought it for X1 compatibility, they wont shoot themselves in the foot and release a standalone CSR X1 edition for $300. If they do it wont be this year and they will wait until people stop buying the V2. When they said differetn price points for wheels they mean F1 rim for $180 BMW rim for $250 and porsche wheel for $400. 

So yes money doesnt grow on trees, but the X1 fanatec solution is a $750+ solution. So if you are holding out for a $300 standalone wheel that does 360 and X1 it will be bad news for you. The volume is really low for them, selling an extra few thousand cheap wheels on a separate manufacturing process doesnt make sense. 
    I can see a CSR or CSR-E v2 coming about, not anytime in the near future, but at some point I gather they will make a standalone base that doesn't allow for swapping rims and is X1/PC only. They've done it in the past, so why not in the future.. time will tell.