New shipping date for ClubSport Wheel Base V2

Comments

• Im Pretty Sure the XB1 Rims will be PC compatable... Its Ms & Ms Equipment.
    The only Question i Have is wheather they will alliw the Rim to Work XB1 & Xb360... Yhats where i think the Greed is gonna come in at. We will have to but a Separate Rim for the XB360... I Say that because the V2 is seen by The PS3 as a G27 abd My CSR Elite is Seen on PS3 as a G25.
    The V2 works on PS3 just Fine im sure MS could Make it work the Same on XB1 & XB360 but they wint due to Greed. But im Pretty Sure PC will work with the XB1 Rim... JMO
  • The Xbox One wheel has to be compatible with PC and Xbox 360, at least. If not, i think it will be a fail.
    He said they are trying for PC support. It doesnt really matter just put a PC wheel on the base, that is the whole point of it being modular. 
    Yes i know that, but if the "Xbox One" wheel is only a wheel to put on the Clubsport Wheel base, this is gonna be a bad news. My CSR is very good on PC AND 360, with the same wheel (cause you can't change it, and it's very good like that, i don't pay 300$ for a little piece of plastic to change platform). This has to be the same for Xbox One, and i really hope compatibility with pc and 360. People who bought FM5, they may want to go back to FM4 occasionally, preferably with the same wheel, don't you think so ? money does not grow on trees
    That is the case, read the Xbox One announcement again, it is just a wheel to put on the V2 base. they have not even hinted at anything other than that. 
    " fans will be able to enable Xbox One compatibility on their Fanatec wheel bases by simply attaching an Xbox One steering wheel to an Xbox One enabled Fanatec wheel base (like the ClubSport Wheel Base V2)"

Also since the 360 and X1 use different FFB languages and need different wireless modules an all in one wheel is almost certainly not happening. If it did it woudln't be in a $300 wheel. 

They have spent all this time trying to sell the V2, a lot of us only bought it for X1 compatibility, they wont shoot themselves in the foot and release a standalone CSR X1 edition for $300. If they do it wont be this year and they will wait until people stop buying the V2. When they said differetn price points for wheels they mean F1 rim for $180 BMW rim for $250 and porsche wheel for $400. 

So yes money doesnt grow on trees, but the X1 fanatec solution is a $750+ solution. So if you are holding out for a $300 standalone wheel that does 360 and X1 it will be bad news for you. The volume is really low for them, selling an extra few thousand cheap wheels on a separate manufacturing process doesnt make sense. 
    I can see a CSR or CSR-E v2 coming about, not anytime in the near future, but at some point I gather they will make a standalone base that doesn't allow for swapping rims and is X1/PC only. They've done it in the past, so why not in the future.. time will tell.
    I agree, but the only thing is they have seemingly abandoned the standalone CSR platform, no new updates to it. If it does come out it wont be in March, maybe for Forza 6 release, probably more likely Forza 7/Project cars 2/Gran turismo 7/Drive Club 2. All of which will probably be 2017 releases. 
  • Im Pretty Sure the XB1 Rims will be PC compatable... Its Ms & Ms Equipment.
    The only Question i Have is wheather they will alliw the Rim to Work XB1 & Xb360... Yhats where i think the Greed is gonna come in at. We will have to but a Separate Rim for the XB360... I Say that because the V2 is seen by The PS3 as a G27 abd My CSR Elite is Seen on PS3 as a G25.
    The V2 works on PS3 just Fine im sure MS could Make it work the Same on XB1 & XB360 but they wint due to Greed. But im Pretty Sure PC will work with the XB1 Rim... JMO
    He said they were trying to PC support on X1 rims, just cant announce until it is finalized. I am not expecting a 360 rim for the V2.
  • Now that Microsoft has announced the ability to stream XBone games to a Windows10 PC, it would make even more sense for Fanatec to do their best to ensure that their upcoming wheel has both XB1 and PC compatibility.
  • Spr & Dpr 100 or 0 Have No Effect in GT6... or atleast Not as far as i can feel. I dont think GT6 uses that type of FFB ...100% would be equal to 0% or it accepts game signal and put it out as is No + or -.... There are 5 steps to increase 150 Max Spr/Dpr and 10 Steps to Decrease Spr/Dpr 1 Lowest and Spr/Dpr Off... Based on Playing with the wheel Setting this is How The Spr/Dpr Settings Seem to Work...Dont Quote me but thats jmo Based on My Experience adjusting the Spr/Dpr.
    F1 2014, Dirt3 and Grid the Dpr & Spr Can Be Noticably Felt when Changes are made to those settings....If you Set Spr & Dpr to Off you get No FFB at all in those games
    I will try to set it to 100 and see, but on the CSR Elite the difference was huge, it seems even if this effect isn't used by GT6 it will make create more resistance (trying to centre the wheel SPR) the DPR I have no clue, but after doing this I got so much more detail from the FFB and suddenly I could get the back out on the KTM x-bow without spinning it.
  • Fanatec won't be making any rims for the 360, there are already many wheels for the 360. The rims will be XO/PC compatible just like the XO controller is. I can use my XO or 360 controller on my PC with full support.

I do see Fanatec making an entry level XO steering wheel, my advice would be to make it the same shape as the V2 base, but out of ABS plastic and cheaper internals, but same quick release so it can support the Fanatec rims eco system and when they upgrade to a V2 or future DD wheel the rims will still all work.

• I think the same, i don't think they planned to make their "X One" wheel compatible with 360. But this is the score of my message : the wheel is not finished, and i'm sure they read our message. So try to give our opinion and what we most want. Compatibility.

360 : Microsoft
    One : Microsoft
    PC : Microsoft

They already done the CSR which was made with Microsoft and Turn10 so make it again, with compatibility extended to Xbox One.

A lot of people here are just waiting and respond that this is not possible, it won't be done. Hey ! you are the people who are going to buy it when it will be finished ! it has to be like you want, so if you don't try to give advice, you are never going to have what you want.

by reading you, you'd read marketers who try to justify the lack of compatibility of their own product.
    Yes, it's surely complicated with differences of technology, i know all of that, i'm developer. This is not a sufficient pretext.
  • because after all, as many of you said, it can certainly be done. And this would be a benefit to all
  • People don't buy "new consoles" only because theres a wheel compatible with it. The steering wheel has no importance in the choice of the console to be purchased. This is the reverse. I buy a console on which good car games comes out (like forza, or Project cars). THEN i see what wheels are available for the console i already choosed. This is not by making a wheel only compatible with the One that people are gonna stop to buy a 360 instead of a One. Again this has the reverse effect : all the people who ACTUALLY need a wheel for 360 or for both, they are not gonna be able to use your new wheel. and this represent a massive number of people, starting with me and all of my friends on racing games
  • People don't buy "new consoles" only because theres a wheel compatible with it. The steering wheel has no importance in the choice of the console to be purchased. This is the reverse. I buy a console on which good car games comes out (like forza, or Project cars). THEN i see what wheels are available for the console i already choosed. This is not by making a wheel only compatible with the One that people are gonna stop to buy a 360 instead of a One. Again this has the reverse effect : all the people who ACTUALLY need a wheel for 360 or for both, they are not gonna be able to use your new wheel. and this represent a massive number of people, starting with me and all of my friends on racing games
    how many people already have a 360 wheel? So far invitations have only gone to people who are previous fanatec buyers so aside from the ones that were given away by previous owners most people have a 360 wheel already. As for the "massive number of people" it is a niche product, They will probably sell to 0.01% of all Xbox owners, just like they did with the 360 wheels. There are 80-90 million Xbox 360s and they sold less than 50k wheels over 5 years. 

If they thought there was a market for it they would have announced or released a rim for it already, When the V1 was released they could have made an Xbox 360 rim and they didn't. 360 is a dying console, Forza 4 is the only racing game worth playing on it that isn't available on PC. Once Forza 6 comes out and the car and track numbers are high again people will move to that. 
  • I'll go ahead and leave this again for you, Fabrice.

Can I use the accessories (racing wheel, wireless headset, etc.) from my Xbox 360 on my Xbox One?

Xbox 360 accessories are not compatible with Xbox One and Xbox One Accessories are not compatible with Xbox 360.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/compatibility-with-xbox-360

There is not a single peripheral for Xbox One that will work with Xbox 360, and vice versa. Is it likely that Fanatec would be the first ones to innovate in this particular area? Probably not, maybe it's time to come back to reality.

• Speaking of compatability.. i'll just leave this here.

• Fanatec said old accessories like pedal, gearbox will be compatible with X One wheel. Now i wait the entire pack is also available 360.
  • Fanatec said old accessories like pedal, gearbox will be compatible with X One wheel. Now i wait the entire pack is also available 360.
    there is a huge difference between those working and the wheels working. They just plug into the wheel and do not communicate with the system at all. If you are going to wait for 360 compatibility you are probably going to be waiting forever. That console's lifecycle is over. 
  • That console's lifecycle is over. 
    That is not true. I have it and the One, and when i see number of cars in Forza 5, trust me i prefer go on Forza 4 with my CSR to drive some Porsches on the Fujimi Kaido. Anyway, lifecycle over or not, it does not have to go into play, this is relatively recent console with very good car games, and this is the most important. Lifecycle, i don't care, it SHOULD be compatible. Again i think like you all, that it probably won't be compatible, but i repeat, WE have to choose for what we are gonna buy, and it SHOULD be compatible. Point.
  • That console's lifecycle is over. 
    That is not true. I have it and the One, and when i see number of cars in Forza 5, trust me i prefer go on Forza 4 with my CSR to drive some Porsches on the Fujimi Kaido. Anyway, lifecycle over or not, it does not have to go into play, this is relatively recent console with very good car games, and this is the most important. Lifecycle, i don't care, it SHOULD be compatible. Again i think like you all, that it probably won't be compatible, but i repeat, WE have to choose for what we are gonna buy, and it SHOULD be compatible. Point.
    Recent console? It is 9 years old, if this was any other product would you expect a company to develop a new part for a 9 year old thing? You have CSR, you can use that to play with the 360. Your CSR wasn't backwards compatible with the original Xbox for the first Forza. Fanatec has never made a dual generational product. Microsoft is not allowing dual generation devices. If they were we would have seen an a adapter or thrustmaster would have done it. You are in the minority with demanding a 360 compatible device. We are already talking about a product that sells to less than 0.1% of all Forza players and 0.01% of all Xbox players and you want them to cater to some small sliver of that for 360 support, it isn't worth them wasting the money on development so they can sell a couple hundred rims for 360.

Are you really going to spend an extra $250-400 just for 360 support, so you can play one old game? Forza 6 is out this year and will have a car and track count much closer to what Forza 4 had. Since the electronics are completely different 360 and X1 is pretty much impossible, they dont have much space to work with in the rim for electronics and have to keep the wheel light. 

I would much rather them spend the development time on getting PS4 support than 360 support. If you are going to hold out for 360 support you are probably not buying another wheel ever, The other companies won't have one either. 
  • edited January 2015
    9 years old, yes, but when the CSR was released, it had already 6 years old... the age is not important when games are recent and good. It is precisely to attract more people to do a cross platform wheel, othewise it will remain a niche product. The CSR is probably their most sold product. Why ? PC, 360, PS3. and stop to think that because the console is "old" and "new games comes out" that the "older" games are absent. I'll still play Foza 4 because it has Porsches and newer Forza doesn't have any, and this is only an exemple. I paid for it, i will play it until it or my console dies. But i would prefer to play it with a wheel, and this is not a good thing to have :
    -One wheel for One
    -One wheel for 360.

It would be so much more cool to play on Forza 4, 5 and 6 with the same, don't you think ? same config, same feeling, and we could sell our old wheel to take the new one, compatible with everything, which could attract so much more people.

Stop to think that the lifecycle of old product is over. This is only programmed shutdown by companies to make people buying new consoles, but do you know that if there are good games on older console, you can still play it ? :o
  • The other companies won't have one either. 
    this is precisely to stand out that they should do a cross platform product. They would be the only company to do so and it could be a very good advantage for us, and them
  • The other companies won't have one either. 
    this is precisely to stand out that they should do a cross platform product. They would be the only company to do so and it could be a very good advantage for us, and them
    I don't think any of us would deny that X1/360 compatability would be great to have, the reality is that a feature like that goes to the wishlist. We can stop beating the dead horse already.
  • 9 years old, yes, but when the CSR was released, it had already 6 years old... the age is not important when games are recent and good. It is precisely to attract more people to do a cross platform wheel, othewise it will remain a niche product. The CSR is probably their most sold product. Why ? PC, 360, PS3. and stop to think that because the console is "old" and "new games comes out" that the "older" games are absent. I'll still play Foza 4 because it has Porsches and newer Forza doesn't have any, and this is only an exemple. I paid for it, i will play it until it or my console dies. But i would prefer to play it with a wheel, and this is not a good thing to have :
    -One wheel for One
    -One wheel for 360.

It would be so much more cool to play on Forza 4, 5 and 6 with the same, don't you think ? same config, same feeling, and we could sell our old wheel to take the new one, compatible with everything, which could attract so much more people.

Stop to think that the lifecycle of old product is over. This is only programmed shutdown by companies to make people buying new consoles, but do you know that if there are good games on older console, you can still play it ? :o
    The CSR was the 3rd wheel that they had on all 3 platforms, Turbo S and GT2 wheels were as well and were out 2 years before. I had my Turbo S before Forza 3 was launched. So I am not even sure that the CSR was their best selling wheel, The PC only wheels probably are. The PC sim racing community is way bigger than the use a wheel on console market and that is their primary customer base. 
    The other companies won't have one either. 
    Microsoft won't let them, and if they violate their deal with Microsoft they wont be able to make wheels for the platform, it is what they said when asked about an adapter for the older wheels.

There is probably a way you could get what you want, Tell them you will pay for the dev and buy a 1000 rims and resell them yourself. There are probably not enough sales to make it worth the money, it isn't like the blog is full of requests for it, just you. More people want PS4 support. You are "voting" with your money by not buying a product, but the demand is super high for the V2, and they won't miss the one sales, if you want them to listen to you spend money to make it happen. I bet if you did a poll on here you wouldn't find 10 people that would be willing to pay the extra cost associated with adding 360 support, either a separate rim at $180-400 or an extra $75-100 if they could do it in the same rim, the wireless security part for 360 support is $50 from MS.

I dont want them to waste their time on it, spend the time on more useful products, PS4 support for the V2. A hydraulic pedal set like the ricomotech. A button box system that is part of the Fanatec ecosystem and allows button remapping on consoles. Simvibe style software/hardware for seat rumble feedback, and the auto settings configuration on the accuforce wheel. Just PC for the last two features would be fine, but amazing if they could get it with console support. 

• 9 years old, yes, but when the CSR was released, it had already 6 years old... the age is not important when games are recent and good. It is precisely to attract more people to do a cross platform wheel, othewise it will remain a niche product. The CSR is probably their most sold product. Why ? PC, 360, PS3. and stop to think that because the console is "old" and "new games comes out" that the "older" games are absent. I'll still play Foza 4 because it has Porsches and newer Forza doesn't have any, and this is only an exemple. I paid for it, i will play it until it or my console dies. But i would prefer to play it with a wheel, and this is not a good thing to have :
    -One wheel for One
    -One wheel for 360.

The CSR was the 3rd wheel that they had on all 3 platforms, Turbo S and GT2 wheels were as well and were out 2 years before. I had my Turbo S before Forza 3 was launched. So I am not even sure that the CSR was their best selling wheel, The PC only wheels probably are. The PC sim racing community is way bigger than the use a wheel on console market and that is their primary customer base. 
    Microsoft won't let them, and if they violate their deal with Microsoft they wont be able to make wheels for the platform, it is what they said when asked about an adapter for the older wheels.

There is probably a way you could get what you want, Tell them you will pay for the dev and buy a 1000 rims and resell them yourself. There are probably not enough sales to make it worth the money, it isn't like the blog is full of requests for it, just you. More people want PS4 support. You are "voting" with your money by not buying a product, but the demand is super high for the V2, and they won't miss the one sales, if you want them to listen to you spend money to make it happen. I bet if you did a poll on here you wouldn't find 10 people that would be willing to pay the extra cost associated with adding 360 support, either a separate rim at $180-400 or an extra $75-100 if they could do it in the same rim, the wireless security part for 360 support is $50 from MS.

I dont want them to waste their time on it, spend the time on more useful products, PS4 support for the V2. A hydraulic pedal set like the ricomotech. A button box system that is part of the Fanatec ecosystem and allows button remapping on consoles. Simvibe style software/hardware for seat rumble feedback, and the auto settings configuration on the accuforce wheel. Just PC for the last two features would be fine, but amazing if they could get it with console support. 

I'm Okay with all what you say, except that i'm the only one to want 360 compatibility. The message above yours said the opposite...
    I don't think any of us would deny that X1/360 compatability would be great to have, the reality is that a feature like that goes to the wishlist. We can stop beating the dead horse already.
    And again i repeat, i know it will probably not be done, but i would like, that's all i'm saying, like some others. And why do you absolutely WANT to "pay an extra". Just a rim wich is compatible with One/360 or even another base like CSR with no possibilities to change the rim, so less expensive but compatible, that's all
  • people would want it if it is free, but would they pay extra for it? That is what I don't think they want. 
  • No extra cost. All in one like a CSR, would be the best
  • The anticipation for any information regarding wheel rims for X1 has been killing me! I so badly want to play Forza Horizon 2 with my V2 wheel base, V2 pedals, shifter, and handbrake. Then I started thinking about all the announcements coming out about Windows 10, and the possibility to stream X1 games to the PC. My thought now is, I wonder with the option to stream X1 games to the PC, If it would allow someone to use their V1 wheelbase or CSR Elite for X1 games, given that the V1 and CSR Elite are compatible with the PC. Any thoughts?
  • I wonder with the option to stream X1 games to the PC, If it would allow someone to use their V1 wheelbase or CSR Elite for X1 games, given that the V1 and CSR Elite are compatible with the PC. Any thoughts?
    The ability to "stream" is only to use the screen of the computer. The console still run the game and receive controls from the computer with xbox controller linked to it. But this is not a bad idea, it would be awesome
    That is impossible, the CSR had the costs built into the price, the 360 security chip that allows devices to work with the 360 costs $50, plus all the other hardware so it can do Force feedback on the 360, which uses a completely different input language than the Xbox One. At a minimum it would cost $75 a wheel to add compatibility. 

The only reason the CSR could do all of the platforms was because PC/PS3 use the same force feedback language. The price paid for the wheel included the Xbox security protocol and the hardware to communicate with the Xbox and a separate board for communicating with PC/PS3. Since the Xbox One and 360 use different security chips they would have to include both to make it compatible with both, and hence why it can't be a free upgrade. 

There is a better chance that Forza gets released on PC than there is of free 360 compatibility, Fanatec would be taking a loss on every wheel sold. 
    That is impossible, the CSR had the costs built into the price, the 360 security chip that allows devices to work with the 360 costs $50, plus all the other hardware so it can do Force feedback on the 360, which uses a completely different input language than the Xbox One. At a minimum it would cost $75 a wheel to add compatibility. 

The only reason the CSR could do all of the platforms was because PC/PS3 use the same force feedback language. The price paid for the wheel included the Xbox security protocol and the hardware to communicate with the Xbox and a separate board for communicating with PC/PS3. Since the Xbox One and 360 use different security chips they would have to include both to make it compatible with both, and hence why it can't be a free upgrade. 

There is a better chance that Forza gets released on PC than there is of free 360 compatibility, Fanatec would be taking a loss on every wheel sold. 
    I'd pay the $75 extra...
  • I hope we get full forums here so this and all kinds of stuff can be discussed. But for that to happen I think we need people to volunteer to help run the forums. Ie mods etc.. I'm a moderator on the CronusMAX -disabled gamers forum. So I'd be glad to volunteer. I like the lively yet adult debates that we have here.

I'd pay the $75 extra...
    happy to hear it ! finally a men who think like me
  • Speaking of compatability.. i'll just leave this here.

Not compatible, that's why there is no FFB. All it does is emulate a gamepad using a wheel. The purpose of buying a FFB wheel is not to emulate a gamepad, but to have wheel and FFB support.