DD1 Freezes after being on for a few hours

So I have my DD1 running the beta firmware and since updating I've noticed that after its been on for a few hours the base will freeze. I can't turn off the unit or get into the tuning menu. The screen stays on. The only thing I can do is unplug it and plug it back in. Is this a known issue?

Comments

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

Not a known issue so far regarding the new driver or firmware, we will keep an eye on it and try to reproduce it.

• I am having the same problem. It seems to relate to the load on the wheel, dirt track cars make the wheel freeze up quicker then road cars.

The computer continues to run normally. I have this problem in iRacing and don't run other sims. I'm using the bata software and updates.

I have changed the wheel from the F1 wheel to the BMW wheel, still the same results.

I am running windows 10 64 bit. PC driver 352, WB FW 669, wheel base motor firmware 38.

When the wheel freezes the off on switch does not work and power has to be removed to clear the fault, restart.

• Same issue and I haven't been able to correctly identify the cause, although as above mentioned I also believe it relates to load on the wheel.

Under certain conditions I haven't been able to determine, the wheel base will completely freeze and become non-responsive. The Oled remains active as does the lights on the wheel rim, however no inputs are accepted, the power button does nothing and the game will continue to turn at the last steering angle given before the base froze, the only solution is the rip the power cable from the base.

I can guarentee the issue within 2-5 laps of Bacelona Catalunya in the BMW M8 on iRacing, regardless of practice, qual, race or duration wheel has been active. FFB settings do not seem to affect the issue, I have tried 10nm, 5nm and 2nm on different days to no effect, although other factors may play into recreating this on another DD1.

I can also race endurance races (90mins+) on other track/car combinations without issue, regardless of FFB setting, and I have eliminated overheating as a cause as I have monitored the motor diagnostics on the wheel base during different times of day and duration of playing. Same issue at 32c motor / driver temp & first race as 50+c motor / driver temp & 2 hours of racing.

Windows 10 64bit 1909

PC driver(s): 352 & 356 tested

Wheel base Firmware: 670

Formula v2 PS4 Firmware: 28

Fanalab version(s): 1.23b (running and not-running tested)

• I'm having this exact issue. Was there ever a fix?

• I have the same issue, have to plug and unplug to get it back to working.