Fanatec Driver 222 Beta released (Windows10)

1282930313234»

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Hey Andrew,

Can you provide a bit more information? What firmware did you download, What is exactly happening on iRacing, etc?
  • Hey Andrew,

Can you provide a bit more information? What firmware did you download, What is exactly happening on iRacing, etc?
    I downloaded the latest firmware (231). When I enter iracing, the brake will jam 100% on (although the actual brake isn't being pushed). The steering is also very delayed, and undriveable. The gear shifter doesn't work every 3rd or 4th shift.

It's really strange, it's almost like my CPU can't andle the new hardware, which I'm positive it can.
  • Hey Andrew,

I downloaded the latest firmware (231). When I enter iracing, the brake will jam 100% on (although the actual brake isn't being pushed). The steering is also very delayed, and undriveable. The gear shifter doesn't work every 3rd or 4th shift.

It's really strange, it's almost like my CPU can't andle the new hardware, which I'm positive it can.
    Does the Fanatec driver show normal response?
  • Hi just wanted to add that I had a nightmare problem with a windows 10 update recently and after installing these drivers the problem was fixed. I forgot to update drivers for my fanatec v2 pedals and it was constantly connecting and disconnecting, creating havoc with my pc. Thanks for the drivers my friend, now I can get back to racing. 
  • Chad JagersonChad Jagerson Member
    edited December 2015

I could really use some help here. I updated to windows 10 64, and after trying a bunch of FW/Driver combos I was able to get my CSR Elite wheel to work. So I just received my new F1 rim and after installing it I noticed that the two joysticks weren't functioning properly. After some searching I ran across instructions reading that it was essential FW 757 be used in order to take advantage of full function of the joysticks. So here I am stuck with no clue what to do. Every time I try to run the FW updater it stops during the first flashing mode. The worst part is, I can't even get it back to where just the joysticks didn't work. I've turned off all firewalls and anti virus, I've tried different usb ports and know luck. Any help would really be appreciated. Update; driver 223 and FW 721 seem to atleast get the wheel functioning again.

Kindest regards,

Thomas 

• I thought that the latest beta driver V231, to be found on the V2 base product site tab downloads, resolves the problems with the CSR Elite.
  • I thought that the latest beta driver V231, to be found on the V2 base product site tab downloads, resolves the problems with the CSR Elite.
    Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a try.
    Not so sure of that. FW757 for CSR Elite is not W10 compatible. You need W8.1 or earlier. I had to borrow a friends laptop to update the FW for my CSR Elite. I ended up buying a base model refurb from Computers Canada for 200 bucks for future updates and any other W10 incompatibility issues.
    Not so sure of that. FW757 for CSR Elite is not W10 compatible. You need W8.1 or earlier. I had to borrow a friends laptop to update the FW for my CSR Elite. I ended up buying a base model refurb from Computers Canada for 200 bucks for future updates and any other W10 incompatibility issues.
    I don't understand how firmware has compatibility issues with Windows? Or do you mean updating the firmware through the updater tool? That would mean that the updater has compatibility issues.
    I don't understand how firmware has compatibility issues with Windows? Or do you mean updating the firmware through the updater tool? That would mean that the updater has compatibility issues.
    According to Fanatec support, the 757 firmware is not compatible with windows 10. They sent me a zip file with the correct firmware but forgot to attach the pw files. If any one out there has firmware version v2.0 (ALPHA VERSION) 721b I'd really appreciate a link. As of now I can get the wheel to work partially with FW 721 and driver version 231(beta) The issue lies in the joystick function, the left one does nothing at all and the right one does the same thing no matter which direction it is pushed.
  • one question:  is driver 231 compatible with windows7 or only windows10 ?
    According to Fanatec support, the 757 firmware is not compatible with windows 10. They sent me a zip file with the correct firmware but forgot to attach the pw files. If any one out there has firmware version v2.0 (ALPHA VERSION) 721b I'd really appreciate a link. As of now I can get the wheel to work partially with FW 721 and driver version 231(beta) The issue lies in the joystick function, the left one does nothing at all and the right one does the same thing no matter which direction it is pushed.
    I think that the problem is that the firmware updater is not compatible with Windows 10. You'll have to find a Windows 7 or Vista PC or laptop to run the updater on.
    I think that the problem is that the firmware updater is not compatible with Windows 10. You'll have to find a Windows 7 or Vista PC or laptop to run the updater on.
    I posted about this in October/November. You may recall my epic novel about base and pedal issues. When I sent the V2 base in for service I tried out my CSR Elite, with the 757 update discussed above. As I related during my ordeal I was told by support that 757 was not Windows10 compatible. I bought a refurbished laptop from Canada Computers with W8.1 installed for 200 bucks. It worked fine with the 757 Firmware updater. The CSR Elite now works fine on the PC for iRacing and the Xbox 360 for Forza.
  • Hello,

after upgrading from Win7 to Win10, gear- and shiftlight indicator of Formula Rim connected to V2 base does not work anymore with Project Cars. Win 7 works fine.
    I heard there is a patch for this issue but I cannot find it.
    Could please somebody tell me how to enable indicators with Win 10.
    Thanks.
  • Hello,

after upgrading from Win7 to Win10, gear- and shiftlight indicator of Formula Rim connected to V2 base does not work anymore with Project Cars. Win 7 works fine.
    Thanks.
    What driver and firmware are you using?
  • Hello,

Thanks.
    What driver and firmware are you using?
    Driver: 226 (beta)
    Firmware: 116
  • Hello, using on the BV2.
    Lasted driver 231 F142
    Start the back cooler make noise :| ( early problem on other firmware)

It's possible to install or undo to the previous firmware?

Working on w7 sp2, iracing
    Thanks.
    J
  • Hello, using on the BV2.
    Lasted driver 231 F142
    Start the back cooler make noise :| ( early problem on other firmware)

It's possible to install or undo to the previous firmware?

Working on w7 sp2, iracing
    Thanks.
    J
    Sounds to me that the fan needs to be looked at/replaced, instead of going back to an older firmware.
  • edited December 2015
    Yeap, i under stand this logic, but I tested the fan, and it's working, maybe is hard to start moving when the base apply a little Volts,
    , and if someone know how can I install the older firmware. To tested.

The other is lock to a medium speed, but I don't know if the board have this output.

It's someone know. :)

Merry Christmas

• Rob NanceRob Nance Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm so confused, and desperate at this point.  I have about 20 hours probably on my CSW V2.  I kind of stopped racing for a bit, and came back.  LEDs weren't working in iRacing, so I updated from I believe 110 firmware and 205 drivers.  219 drivers had caused massive stuttering for me.  Well, I have tried all the new drivers, new firmware, old firmware, no matter what I do I have VERY weak FFB.  I have the wheel set to defaults and FFB of 18 in iRacing.  In the Corvette DP car, with those settings, just exiting the pits at Laguna Seca in first gear and a slow speed, I clip.  I tried Dirt Rally and it was super weak.

Please, anyone have any ideas?  I'm going nuts trying to figure this out.  The other changes since I have raced is a new motherboard.  I've had weird issues with the V2 wheelbase only working properly on certain USB ports on my old motherboard.  Has anyone ever heard of USB ports causing problems with the V2 wheelbase?  I know it sounds bizzare, but before all this, my LEDs would only work if plugged into specific ports that used a different chipset on my old motherboard.
  • I only know of cases where connecting a wheel to USB3.0 ports would result in erratic behaviour.
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    @ Rob
    Did you inform iRacing about it? I checked the CSW V2 with the latest firmware and driver some days ago and the FFB is perfectly as strong as before. NO changes from our side!
  • I have been trying to update my fanatec CSR wheel. I downloaded the win 10 firmware and the latest driver. Yet it still doesn't move past the first phase. I need help so I can use my wheel. I followed all the steps. I've done it more than 10 times. I even let it sit for 3 hours and the bar still doesn't move. Anyone know how to fix this?
  • Did you install driver V250 on your pc ? Because this is a very old topic
  • I got it figured out... The port on the wheel was the problem. I had to repair that, and it worked fine.
  • What is the latest driver version? I do not see a v2.50.  I see 2.31.
  • Hi everyone... 

I have a Porsche 911 Turbo S 

I have ClubSport V2 Pedals

I installed latest firmware and drivers... now the fan goes absolutely bonkers and super loud immediately on startup. 
  • I have just updated to Windows 10. I have just downloaded the "recommended" "64 bit" software for my CSW v2 with V3 Pedal set. I was hoping that the software update would help me solve problem that I am having with the brake pedal.I am able to resolve the issue with the game software but, the calibration software that was in my original software package is no longer available. I downloaded it from the Fanatec web site less that an hour ago, but the calibration/function test software will not come up, and is essentially no help at this point. Does anyone have a recommended solution? Thanks in advance. Randy