Fanatec Driver 222 Beta released (Windows10)

Comments

• CSR Elite - Using this in Project Cars on Windows 10, wheel is pulling from side to side and screeching under normal use.

I have backed off the FFB and calibrated the wheel in game to over 900 to make it workable but you can still tell there is an issue
  • edited August 2015
    Using the New FW My V2 is Working Great... I No Longer have a Loss of center issue while Racing PCars....Although when at the PCars Main menu the wheel will tilt slightly to the Right but During a Race the wheel will go back and Remain Straight and Level...
    ive checked the wheel on the PC and the wheel is straight and level at all times... so it seems to be just a PCars thing that while sitting at the main menu/ Car tuning Screen that the wheel slightly off centers but while racing its fine Straight and level.

these are the latest GrimeyDog PS4 Pcars FFB Tweek Results with the V2 wheel & New FW... Feels Really Good!!! All Cars with Stock/Un-Tuned Suspensions and all using Same Global and In Car FFB settings.

3 Different Cars with Stock un-tuned Suspentions, Same Track , Same Global FFB Settings , Same in Car FFB Settings... The Universal FFB tweek..... LOL I finaly figured out how to do Share Play Videos!!! LOL.

EDIT: The Formula Rookie was a Last Min throw in i tested that at Laguna Seca Haaa Check that telemitry!!! but still Stock tune with Same Global and in Car FFB settings for every car No matter the track.
  • Just had a ride on the Ring with the Quatro AC 1.2.2 and firmware 110 on a CSW V2 with Clubsport pedals V2.

I spent five minutes stopped just to enjoy the feeling of the rubber against the asphalt. Crazy wheel with a crazy game.

It's a shame I haven't got more time to spend driving.

Congrats
  • Grimey,

You get my pm?
  • edited August 2015
    Grimey...with the rel adj bleed you mean 1.14 in stead of 14 i hope ?
    Or is it 0.14 ???
  • Marko SimunicMarko Simunic Member
    edited August 2015
    Hey guys,

I was using the CSP v1 on Win7 (64) with a Logitech Wheel (obviously direct USB-connection). Brake vibration was only working when pushing the test-button in driver menu, not in any game. So far nothing unusual. But when I installed 205 (i think it was beta then), then when pushing the test-button my computer froze for a second and only from the second click onwards vibration worked. No big deal as it was a beta but i could make sure the thing is working (theoretically).

So today i finally got my gt3rs v2 and tried to make the whole thing work. Unfortunately i upgraded to Win10 (64) in the meanwhile so i have no direct comparison but with this 222 beta the brake vibration is not working at all for me. tried both, direct usb connection and ps2 to wheel (as it is supposed to work), wheel settings are fine, when i hit the brakes the wheel vibrates but not the brake pedal. Same thing when i hit test-button in driver menu: only wheel vibrating.

Any ideas? Or is this a known issue?
    Thanks in advance

Edit: FW 756 - had to use my win-7-laptop for flashing as the gt3-fw-updater seems not to be supporting win10 yet, had crahses all over the place
  • You're better of with driver V205 and it's firmware in it. Cause you don't have a V2 base and XOne hub !!!
  • Grimey, Thanks for the PCars settings update.
  • edited August 2015
    Grimey, Thanks for the PCars settings update.

Plug the settings in Exactly as they are... the FFB is very strong!!! I turn the FFB on the wheel down to 85% and leave the FOR @ 100% that way you dont lose out on any Road Feel effects but you reduce the force that you Need to use to turn the wheel Left/Right. The 1 in car FFB works setting on All Cars Except Formula A!!! i have a Seperate in car FFB for Formula A... if you want it i will post them when i get home.
  • Grimey...with the rel adj bleed you mean 1.14 in stead of 14 i hope ?
    Or is it 0.14 ???
    Relative ajust bleed is 0.14
    Since update 2.0 fixed the spring issue you dont need to bleed off soo much wheel torque to creat road feel.
    Update 2.0 was Really Really Good!!!
  • Grimey,

You get my pm?
    I will Check Now... I Havent been on too much... I will Check Now.
  • Where do I find the 222 driver for download?

• Jeffrey, this should do it ... of not you will find it on page 2 of this thread, look for a post by Armin Habermann .....

http://www.mediafire.com/download/boofjnvxp16rpg8/2015.07.30-Fanatec_driver_223-Beta.zip

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited August 2015
    PCars upcoming update 3.0 looks pretty cool. Tweaks and optimizations for Fanatec look great.
  • Armin RuoffArmin Ruoff Member
    edited August 2015
    Hi,

I use this driver (222) on a wheel that's not in the supported devices list, the "Porsche 911 carrera wheel". In Win 7 x64 everything is working fine, even better than the also not supported 205 beta driver I've been using before, because now even in the Gamecontroller menu all buttons are shown correct. The original driver 115 has no longer been usable for quite some time, because the buttons are all over the place in ervery game.

Now my problem: When I upgrade to Win 10, the Gamecontroller options don't show me the Fanatec menu. It shows me the generic DX-Controller menu when I open the properties.
    I know my wheel is no longer officially supported by this driver, but it would be nice if you could look into this, maybe it's just a minor fix.
  • edited August 2015
    Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to add ACL (Auto clutch) function in future updates like we had in CSR Elite for the Xbox 360  ? It's pretty much impossible to get top leader-board times without it! I have multiple top leader-board times with the my old crappy TX 300 which comes with the auto clutch function by the way, but I can't get nowhere near those times with mechanical clutch. It's very frustrating because the Fanatec V2 wheel is on another level as far as quality and performance yet it's missing this tiny little option that makes a huge difference for serious Forza Motorsport Hot-lappers/Racers.If possible PLEASE add Auto Clutch option to XBOX One U HUB/ V2 base in future Firmware  updates...

Thank you.
  • Stupid question maybe...but why do you need that on the wheel ? It's an in game option.
  • edited August 2015
    No it's Ok it's not a stupid question. In Forza Motorsport You have a few options 1) Auto 2) manual 3) Manual with clutch 
    But there is NO in game "Auto Clutch option". Maybe they will add it in FM 6 but currently it's not an in game option. I also Play Project Cars which like you say does have the Auto Clutch option in game So I don't need it for that game (I'm beating all my old TX times with the V2 in P Cars All Top 20 times). With the CSR Elite on Xbox 360 we have this option "ACL ON/OFF" which made wheel users more competitive against controller users who only have to press a button for clutch...
    I hope this explains it.
    Like I said before IF it's possible to add the function for the Xbox One U Hub it's great and thank you very much, but if it's not possible then no problem I'm still VERY happy with my wheel.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    @Antoine Trying to remember if you said I had to have my CSP v3 pedals when I update the Xbox Hub and Base? Reason I'm asking is that I have a friend who is coming over tomorrow with a PC and thought it would be a good time to take advantage of it since I am on Mac and not many friends on PC.

If update the base will that just auto update the pedals when they are attached?

thanks bud!
  • Hello Guys i updated my firmware to the new 223 but i dont know how to calibrate the wheel. I have looked through the manual but i am still stumped on how to center the wheel and calibrate the H pattern shifter after the update. Can anyone please help me with this?
  • There should be a little button next to the led display. Press it for a couple of seconds to activate the tuning menu. (They left that important detail out in the manual.) Center the wheel then press the left and right joy sticks at the same time for a couple of seconds.

There is also a video manual that you can download from fanatec. There are also videos on you-tube.

Hope this helps.
  • Is there anyway you can go back to fw 065? after the 223 update and calibrating the shifter it misses shifts randomly whereas with 065 it worked perfectly
  • Nevermind I figured it out. My feedback on firmware 223 is its great but the shifter needs a fix. I actually checked the clutch and shifter to make sure they weren't malfunctioning on my pc and the data reader that comes with the firmware update showed that it was fine but whenever i would go in game it would randomly miss shifts in 5th. I tried turning auto clutch on and it still had the same thing happen. I reverted back to 065 and now everything with the exception of break rumble works flawlessly. I'd rather have loss of brake rumble than shifter any day.
  • I upgraded to windows 10 64bit from windows 7. My wheel would not work so I downloaded the new drivers. I have a csw v1. Since the when I play project cars or ac the game stutters badly. I thought it was graphics settings so I played around for 2 days and no hope. Next I turned off my wheel and used a Xbox controller and no more stuttering. Tried to use the wheel and it started stuttering again. Any ideas?
  • edited August 2015
    i use the new 223 driver with Windows 10 64bit and my GT2 (FW 756) in Assetto Crosa and the Force Feedback ist causing FrameSkipping in the Game
    this did not happen in Windows 7 . When i set FF Gain in Assetto Corsa to Zero the Game works fine ! Was there something changed in the driver ? BTW the Wheel detection is also very bad. When i have the OS running and i turn on my Wheel and put it in PC mode it sometimes takes several repluggings until the wheel is properly detected.

anyways, can you take a look into the ForceFeddback initialization please ?
    AC is no good any more without FF:(
    thank you very much for your efforts
  • Hi Fanatec team,

My CSW v1.5 (v205 FW65) works perfectly but since I upgraded to v219 FW 95, my wheel is fighting himself, a lot of vibrations.
    All default settings with Universal Hub and Formula Wheel. (I can eliminate this issue if I reduce the FFB from 100 to... 002 (so no more FFB))
    Do you send a minimum force in continue or something like this to the wheel now?

Please look these examples in Raceroom, iRacing and Assetto.
    I never had this issue before :(
    I'm afraid to try a new firmware... Is the 222 or 223 fix this problem?
    Is it a way to downgrade my firmware from 95 to 65? (i can go back to v205 but still with firmware 95)

Thanks,
    JC
  • Have a couple of issues at the moment. Done Win 10 update and now the Fanatec driver properties page wont open. Wheel still works but am using the 094 driver (not this new 222 or 223). Will this get resolved when update or is it to do with my windows update?

Second problem is a V2 pedal one where I get a split second lag then releasing the gas. Works ok if do it smoothly just lags/sticks from full throttle. Only seems to be in P cars too!!  Hardware/ software or game problem? Have replaced Hall sensor.

Maybe related to the new firmware but has been on and off for a few weeks. Maybe after pcars patch.

Anybody have a similar problem/s?

• Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    edited August 2015
    CSR Elite - Using this in Project Cars on Windows 10, wheel is pulling from side to side and screeching under normal use.

I have backed off the FFB and calibrated the wheel in game to over 900 to make it workable but you can still tell there is an issue
    Hi,

I tried to reproduce the issue by properly testing the same CSR Elite units on both platforms. It performed flawless on both platforms and there have been no significant differences. Please check your settings.

;Luke Johnson
    We have not been able to reproduce the issue. Please head over to pCars forum. It might be a game issue.

@ Julian Jackson
    Please contact the Fanatec Support team. Sounds like there might be a hardware issue. We speeded up the shifter responses and that might show up a problem which was covered by a slower shifter handling before.

• Armin ! was there something changed in the Forcefeedback ? I have troubles with my GT2 after i installed the driver 223 for Windows 10 64bit
    i still have FW756 on the wheel - there is no newer FW for the GT2 , the wheels feels just right like before but i get Frameskipps in Assetto Corsa when the Forcefeedback ist working :

when i turn off FF in game everything runs fine. AC support thinks its a driver issue and i can't race nomore :( , in Windows 7 everything was fine
    same PC same Game (version) but different Wheeldriver (w7 64bit)  .... i hopy you have time to take a look at it ! Thank you in advance ! Mike