PlayStation compatibility UPDATE 2

Comments

• Thomas NEVER let us know exact dates when new hardware releases....so that question remains unknown until you see the announcement of the CSL PS. And from what I know from the whole Fanatec team...I think they can enforce the deal in that way that firmware can be written to still let us use the PS3 mode on the CSL PS base...if that is what you mean with 'older' games ? And if you mean older PS4 games...a PS4 base is what it is...so ALL wheel supported PS4 games can be played with the CSL base.
  • Antoine,

I do not ask to have a specific date.
    I just want to have information on what is envisaged as a solution. For the same price, as we know, Sony refused all cooperation. And we wait for nothing.
    For what I know today has no basis Fanatec not the chip, which would be necessary for compatibility with PlayStation games, As communicated Thomas. Hence my question. One equipped with this chip base, will it work with games that do not need it now.If this is possible only by an update of the game.I fear that we can say goodbye to our games like Project Cars.The last update of project cars date several months.Despite big bug still present in the game.Allow me to doubt that cars project adapt his game.
    I think comparing, everything that has happened so far is not very wise.Because here, working with another concept that has been used until today.
    Although it's very nice and helpful to want to answer, instead of Thomas or his team. I content myself as a formal response.If I see throughout the 16 pages the number of stupidity that have been affirmed and then due to be corrected by Thomas. Allow myself to doubt the competence of everyone. This remark is not intended for you specially, it is apparent generality.
    My English is not good. Excuse me if I am not very clear. I do not want to shock anyone. I would just like the official news occasionally. This would allow me and also to other people, waiting for a solution, more paissible way.
  •  Oooppps my bad,   I clearly did miss the question been a rough weekend, yes I was only trying to help, and I greatly apologize for doing just that. :)>- I never made anyone out to be an idiot at all. and to be called one for trying to at least help someone. Is really just a juvenile and I won';t say anymore on that comment.
    This  was one of your questions "For example, cars Project that is still accessible today with the V1 or V"base?. I missunderstood the question. What does this mean? can you or Stephane clarify this question ?
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Hello Fanatec team, M Thomas,

I greatly appreciate your communication on this forum, following the product compatibility problem Fanatec and PS4 console.
    In recent days, I'm lack of information.
    I think it's probably because you do not perhaps have new, you even on this.
    I think that even in this case, it is important for us to be kept informed of the situation.
    This gives us the impression of being less alone with our problem.The latest news is the possible solution was to create a new  Elite base, dedicated to the PS4 console. Is that still to date the possible solution?
    If so, I ask myself a question. A new base, we always give it to you the opportunity to play with the old games?
    For example, cars Project that is still accessible today with the V1 or V2 base?
    When can we expect approximately the release of a new database or a solution to the problem of licenses between Fanatec and Sony?Despite the current unpleasantness, I always keep a confidence in you and your products.
    Thanking you in advance of your communication.

Sorry for my English, I do not speak English. I got help with a translation program.

Sylvain

Hello Sylvain,

you bring up an interesting question. As all wheels Need to be supported by a SDK in the game it is mandatory that the game will be patched in order to Support a new Wheel. This is a specific Problem of the PS and it was the same on PS3.

We have a solution for it but we cannot promise that it works before the development of the product is finalized.

We are still waiting for the contract to be finalized and I have no idea how long that takes.
  • Don´t know if someone noticed following before.
    When starting Assetto with PS4 the first time my
    CSW 1 with BMW rim was working !!
    After the Assetto update was automatically installed I was not able
    to start the game with the wheel button again.
    Seems the liscencing thing was included in 1.01.
    Now for testing Assetto offline and without ingame updates
    I uninstalled the game and paused the update manually.

Yesterday drove a funny Nordschleifen lap with the CTR and my CSW;)

Andi
  • Yes it is well-known that Kunos was forced to remove Fanatec wheel support in their day-1 patch.
  • If you would have read back 10 pages till current...you would've known we all know. Whoehahahhahaha ;) @Thomas...I bet $ony is taking their time...just had Tokyo game show...PS VR upcoming etc
  • Antoine, you better not tell anyone to read back the thread to get information, as the grim reaper Stephane, will you about, "lecturing people about reading the back posts. And query you, why people are not allowed to ask questions.... lol :-SS
  • Thomas,
    Thank you for your reactivity and your response.
    By asking the question, I am also looking for a solution. Assuming that the 'old' games were compatible with all Fanatec equipment. I was hoping that he would just, a double circuit in the new base.A circuit taking the path with 'chip' for new games.A circuit bypass 'chip' for 'old' games.This would have been a solution, very easy and very cheap.In this case, you and us, would not have been held hostage.What the companies publishing games, wanted or not insert a new patch in their 'old' games.
    As you say, all is not as simple and it's a shame.
    I wish you much success for signing the contract, and in the realization of the new product.
    Thank you in advance for keeping us abreast of developments even if it is slow.
    If we could have this new basis, say, to leave you a little time ..... next Monday, that would be good. Lollllllllllll

Saisissez du texte ou l'adresse d'un site Web, ou importez un document à traduire.
    Essayez avec cette orthographe : Bonne

Saisissez du texte ou l'adresse d'un site Web, ou importez un document à traduire.

• Cronus Max firmware 1.23 released works perfectly with Asseto Corsa great feedback no issues as yet.
  • How about that dd-wheel in the future would be compatible with all platforms straight away? If wheel is expensive straight from the start, it doesn't matter so much if those compability fees would  rise its price with some amount.

• I HOPE IT´S POSSIBLE FANATEC CREATE A COMPATIBLE STEERING WHEEL FOR CSW2 TO PLAY ON PS4, I THINK ITS THE BEST SOLUTION....

I guess most of us agree with that...
  • Cronus Max firmware 1.23 released works perfectly with Asseto Corsa great feedback no issues as yet.
    Is there any add-on lag etc?
  • No noticeable lag only issue at the moment is the lack of a PS button on the wheel as you cannot activate the controller it interferes with the wheel.
  • How about that dd-wheel in the future would be compatible with all platforms straight away? If wheel is expensive straight from the start, it doesn't matter so much if those compability fees would  rise its price with some amount.
    But that would only work for the current platforms, right? If Sony and Microsoft come up with the XBTwo and PS5 and again have new compatibility requirements for which a new wheel base is required, it's all wasted money again.
  • edited September 2016
    What is a DD wheel? Direct Drive? That should mean yet another wheelbase? If it continues to develop like this I will have three Playseats, two consoles and a PC and several rims in the near future, not to mention a divorce.
  • Whoehahahhahahahaha...same here Marcel ;)
  • Richard EmeryRichard Emery Member
    edited September 2016
    Hi people i have been beta testing a device to make fanatec wheels work on assetto corsa & f1 2016 , i have been bound by an nda up until today when it went public.So i created this guide on how it all works , hope its usefull to some people 

• Good guide Richard did you find any way to activate the PS button if you are playing online ?
  • Use l3 and r3 two lower red buttons on csr wheel but make sure your wheel is in center when pressed (as csr and elite wheels use the same combo for center calibration)
  • 陽平 山上陽平 山上 Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm happy to hear we have some kind of solution for PS4 compatibility. Does CSL base have PS3 mode? If not and it is necessary for Cronus Max to work with PS4, I should rethink ordering CSL...
  • yes L3 & R3 does the job nicely , its nice to be back on the csw.I* had to use my t500 for a while it made me realise what a nice wheel the fanatec is
  • I'm happy to hear we have some kind of solution for PS4 compatibility. Does CSL base have PS3 mode? If not and it is necessary for Cronus Max to work with PS4, I should rethink ordering CSL...
    You mean current CSL or to come PS CSL ?
  • I'm happy to hear we have some kind of solution for PS4 compatibility. Does CSL base have PS3 mode? If not and it is necessary for Cronus Max to work with PS4, I should rethink ordering CSL...
    You mean current CSL or to come PS CSL ?
    I mean current CSL. Even if PS CSL will come true, it surely takes some time to finish the product, I think. Maybe half of a year? My rigs aren't doing well and I can't wait so long.
  • edited September 2016
    With current...check and read CSL base product page...and you'll have your answer...PS3 is still $ony ;)
  • With current...check and read CSL base product page...and you'll have your answer...PS3 is still $ony ;)
    Though it's named as 'PS3 mode', it's actually 'G25/G27 emulation mode'. From what I remember, G25/G27 don't have any specific authentication chip for PS3 (unlike G29 for PS4). So, Sony have no right to stop implementing this feature. In addition, Fanatec keep it with the latest firmware even after they removed PS compatibility from the website.

Howerver, I know, there seems little chance to have PS3 mode on current CSL. As you said, they say 'This product is not compatible to any PS console' in the product page...
  • That's what I was referring to ;) And you're right about the emulation...but in order to get that $ony licence, that's what it takes.
  • .Which Cronusmax model is right one, is Cronusmax Plus V3/2016 which is needed for PS4-compability? And then you update fw(to 1,23)?
  • I think you'd better ask your questions at the CM forums
  • I think you'd better ask your questions at the CM forums
    I can just imagine how much Fanatec is loving all this CM discussions.