PlayStation compatibility UPDATE 2

Comments

• edited September 2016

• Thomas is sporting the Tom hanks in "Castaway" look these days ! Lol awesome!
  • Hi,

does the new chronusmax really completely work with the V2 Base and PS4? Someone can confirm it? FFB is the same as without chronusmax? 

Thx!
  • please, stop talking about cronus max on the fanatec forums. It's bad publicity for Thomas if sony is reading this.
  • And how it's F's fault if Sony is bullying ***hole?
  • Hi,

does the new chronusmax really completely work with the V2 Base and PS4? Someone can confirm it? FFB is the same as without chronusmax? 

Thx!
    Just check the CronusMax forums...there you can ask all questions you want. This is Fanatec blogs.
  • Guy for those like met that can not play anymore on ps4 with the CWS i have just read about a new tweak using an ubs Dongle  called  CronusMax.. I though my career was over

• James ArmentiJames Armenti Member
    edited September 2016
    please, stop talking about cronus max on the fanatec forums. It's bad publicity for Thomas if sony is reading this.
    If their licensing situation is in that bad of a state that user comments in a forum put it at risk then they're in trouble! lol..Some of us want to be able to use our expensive hardware now, instead of waiting 6+ months for a new product. At least someone is giving us an affordable option!  This peripheral "licensing"  bull does nothing but screw us!      
  • Ok i have read so many pages on this topic. Fanatec wants your money. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. That's why they are making rims specific to consoles. It is in the firmware and slightly modifed hardware. FANATEC is not lieing to you. Sony will not let it go. 
    CRONUS MAX sucks ( JUNK ) its OK. But not the solution.
    I have a old Fanatec CSR and i figuired out how to make it work on the xbox one with over 2 1/2 months of hell. So Fanatec cannot release the CSW v2 for PS4 because Sony's whiney ass. But if you look at the firmware of different devices you can learn from it. It is not hard to implement 2 types of firmware on a ROM or Epromm. Ok think about this? on the CSR and CSR Elite you had to hit the xbox button to connect to xbox 360. If that does not have 3 stages of hardware and software to distinguish between xbox, ps3 and pc Then again someone is giving you all a bunch of BS. So Fanatec please reply back to me and tell me I am WRONG>? If not send me your setup I will prove to everyone I know what I am doing. I will share it with everyone for free when i do. Sorry Fanatec I like your products, but as a consumer I kinda understand where Sony has you. Again prove me wrong about this.
  • James ArmentiJames Armenti Member
    edited October 2016

Ok i have read so many pages on this topic. Fanatec wants your money. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. That's why they are making rims specific to consoles. It is in the firmware and slightly modifed hardware. FANATEC is not lieing to you. Sony will not let it go. 
    I have a old Fanatec CSR and i figuired out how to make it work on the xbox one with over 2 1/2 months of hell. So Fanatec cannot release the CSW v2 for PS4 because Sony's whiney ass. But if you look at the firmware of different devices you can learn from it. It is not hard to implement 2 types of firmware on a ROM or Epromm. Ok think about this? on the CSR and CSR Elite you had to hit the xbox button to connect to xbox 360. If that does not have 3 stages of hardware and software to distinguish between xbox, ps3 and pc Then again someone is giving you all a bunch of BS. So Fanatec please reply back to me and tell me I am WRONG>? If not send me your setup I will prove to everyone I know what I am doing. I will share it with everyone for free when i do. Sorry Fanatec I like your products, but as a consumer I kinda understand where Sony has you. Again prove me wrong about this.
    You're right about the current cronusmax not being "the ultimate solution"... That is reserved for their new dedicated wheel hub product!!... With my "SUCKY" cronusmax I can play project cars in native Fanatec mode or G29 mode and the game feels almost identical!!  Driveclub (which i had never even bothered to play till now because of wheel support) works very well too!...  Like I said, I'm going to use what works NOW, and it sure as hell works better than the option Sony/Fanatec has for us.... oh wait, that is nothing at all!

• Ok i have read so many pages on this topic. Fanatec wants your money. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. That's why they are making rims specific to consoles. It is in the firmware and slightly modifed hardware. FANATEC is not lieing to you. Sony will not let it go. 
    You're right about the current cronusmax not being "the ultimate solution"... That is reserved for their new dedicated wheel hub product!!... With my "SUCKY" cronusmax I can play project cars in native Fanatec mode or G29 mode and the game feels almost identical!!  Driveclub (which i had never even bothered to play till now because of wheel support) works very well too!...  Like I said, I'm going to use what works NOW, and it sure as hell works better than the option Sony/Fanatec has for us.... oh wait, that is nothing at all!
    You can play Project CARS without using CronusMax? The game still supports Fanatec wheels AFAIK. 
  • Yeah I am very much aware that project cars has native support for fanatec wheels. I was just using it to compare how the wheel behaves vs being in ps3 mode (emulating a g29 wheel through cronusmax)  Project cars was the choice since it supports both G29 and fanatec wheels!
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Ok i have read so many pages on this topic. Fanatec wants your money. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. That's why they are making rims specific to consoles. It is in the firmware and slightly modifed hardware. FANATEC is not lieing to you. Sony will not let it go. 
    I honestly don't understand your point. What exactly is it that we could do better?

• edited October 2016

• Thu NguyenThu Nguyen Member
    edited October 2016
    deleted
  • Is it possible to use "heusinkveld engineering handbrake" to connect dirictely on fanatec pedels v3 and use it in dirt rally cant find any site that confirm or say it dont work

• Cronusmax Plus (fw 1.23) is wonderful ^:)^

• Someome can tell me if i can use my wheel base v2 with steering wheel formula black for f1 2015 on ps4? I know that the 2016 version dont work
  • Yes you can. That's what I've been doing all along.
  • I have cronusmax and it's working great. Glad to keep my v2 going. I wanted f1 2016. F1 2015 was only ok. While testing I compared 2015 in fanatec mode, and cm/g29 mode. Fwiw 2015 ffb is noticeably better using emulated g29 than native fanatec. But 2016 is a better game with even better ffb. But you loose extra buttons and other fanatec features, like second joystick. I wish Thomas could work similar solution with Sony, a fanatec specific dongle to carry the license and work w any base/wheel combo. Let game Devs sort out the rest. Sony would still get their $$, fanatec has less platform specific products to carry, and customers get to protect our investment which is main reason to buy a quality product that lasts.
  • Hello,

I bought cronusmax more, I did the update and follow the instructions, it works perfectly except that all 5 minutes of the game or beug wheel (f1 2016 ps4) I have to disconnect and reconnect the cronusmax (I use a wheel base FANATEC V2) difficult to make a run.

so if anyone has a solution, I'm interested

Thanking you in advance

cordially

• Why ask these questions here about CM...your problem is with a CM...so I'd go and search answers on the CM forum. Not that hard to find.
  • Good evening,

I'm sorry, I had seen that someone referring to cronusmax and as here we have the same hardware (FANATEC)

ok sorry again off-topic

Regards,
  • Yes you can. That's what I've been doing all along.
    Really thank you man :)
  • edited October 2016
    Hello, I sent a PM to you.
  • Hey Thomas, any news on the $ony licence agreement?
  • If the Sony Fanatec License issue Can Not Be worked out with the CSW V2 base is it Possible that we Can Get a Exclusive Xbox1 CSW V2 FW that will allow All Wheel Rims to work on Xbox1??? Ex: Porsche 918 and F1 Rim... Its Not the Perfect Solution but it would be a Great End Result if the CSW V2 Can Not Be Made PS4 compatible.
  • Won't work Grimey...they don't hold the X1 chip. You'd have to buy completely new wheels ;)
  • ^^ what he said