PlayStation compatibility UPDATE 2

Comments

• edited November 2016
    I think that the idea that the CSL wheel base is a downgrade from a CSW v2 needs to go really. From the outside it may seem a downgrade, and of course the CSL has less nice aluminium parts in it, but from a FFB strength and quality point of view they are on par.
  • It is a downgrade Remco when you compare the overall package, the materials used and the design of it and its disappointing to feel that as a CSW V2 owner you've been left behind.
  • Also Remco, the detail in FFB is not as good as with V2..and especially you must know ;)
  • Good and also bad news.

I was hoping for a steering wheel for the CSW v2, I understand all this but I must say I'm very disappointed with Sony, they change their rules and don't care (or careless) with the consumer.
    The CSW is expensive, I don't have the money to buy another wheel like this, the multi-platform model was great.
    If I need to stick with xbox one (Microsoft) and PC, so be it.
    Perhaps will be Sony to loose something from me (with the PS4), of course I will not do stupid promises like "I will not buy more from Sony, or not buy gt sport and so ever", but I'm disappoint with them.

Life goes on, let's wait and see what Fanatec has to us ... console racing gamers!
  • Should Fanatec make a CSW3 that supports PC and PS4?  With Microsoft releasing all their exclusives on PC/XBOX from now on, a single base will cover all 3 platforms.  I know that the new CSL PS4 base will do the trick, but having a CSW2 I don't want to downgrade.

It is a downgrade Remco when you compare the overall package, the materials used and the design of it and its disappointing to feel that as a CSW V2 owner you've been left behind.

Also Remco, the detail in FFB is not as good as with V2..and especially you must know ;)

Good and also bad news.

I was hoping for a steering wheel for the CSW v2, I understand all this but I must say I'm very disappointed with Sony, they change their rules and don't care (or careless) with the consumer.
    The CSW is expensive, I don't have the money to buy another wheel like this, the multi-platform model was great.
    If I need to stick with xbox one (Microsoft) and PC, so be it.
    Perhaps will be Sony to loose something from me (with the PS4), of course I will not do stupid promises like "I will not buy more from Sony, or not buy gt sport and so ever", but I'm disappoint with them.

Life goes on, let's wait and see what Fanatec has to us ... console racing gamers!
    well i'm inclined to agree with all of you since I also see the csl whatever it will be called  for the playstation as a downgrade compared to the csw bv2 as long as it will be based on the csl. The one positive thing that could come from this though from my point of view, is that it might be easier to build a permanent pc tripple screen setup with buttonboxes and what not ( which I kind of always wanted, but never did because it didn't work with the consoles ) without having to switch cables from pc and console all the time depending on what you are racing on, which is what I am working at now, and also connecting the pedals directly to the pc instead of to the wheel to achieve higher resolution ( I have the csp v2 ) again without  swapping cables all the time.......  
    The only thing I think I might miss from sonys playstation is the granturismo series since I have project cars and assetto corsa on the pc, but then there are so many other sims, or what ever people want to call it, on the pc instead of on the consoles.
    But all of the above mentioned stuff is a huge work in progress  ( read money ), not least because I might want a better graphicscard and three identical monitors and some buttonboxes, and yes people might say why not vr instead, and the answer is simple : because i've tried one of those things at a friends house, and I get dissy and get headaches when strapped in to such a contraption so I just don't bother.... :D  otherwise it would be fun  :-)
  • it was understood that the CSWv2 had no future on PS4, but the rest of the series ?? I have two rim, CSPv2, CSS seq, CSH ... I hope that these devices can be used! I can agree to change the base, but no more!
  • Thomas already said that all other peripherals keep working on new base('s)
  • Thomas said he plans on all peripherals working but I don't think he guaranteed it. I'd be surprised if they don't work however.
  • Well...okay...wheels I can understand..a bit...but shifter and pedals...can't do that. TM also uses same pedals and shifter for TX,.TMX and T... range. So that would be odd if Thomas needs to reinvent those too
  • I agree. But he didn't say 100%. I don't want people thinking he said it when he hasn't. Not yet. His quote, "If we can make a PS4 Version of the CSL Elite Wheel base then it is very likely that you can keep your pedals, steering wheels, shifters, table clamps, handbrakes etc.." As far as I know that's all he said on the subject.
  • I'm very disappointed with this decision. I am about to buy the whole Fanatec gear today including the V2 base and just found out that Sony prefers to have their own wheelbase rather than creating a PS4 universal hub. I don't have a PC or Xbox One. F Sony!
  • If you don't have a PC it is a bad idea anyway. You need one to update the firmware of your base.
  • I'm very disappointed with this decision. I am about to buy the whole Fanatec gear today including the V2 base and just found out that Sony prefers to have their own wheelbase rather than creating a PS4 universal hub. I don't have a PC or Xbox One. F Sony!
    Mark if your gonna be spending that kind of money on some pretty decent gear, I strongly advise you look to PC buddy, If you carefully read back through this thread, you'll find a few people have moved to PC because of the Sony/Fantec debacle, to get their racing fix.

And once you look into it it's not really as pricey or as scary as these so called PC Elitist make it out to be.
    Some have even gone on to building thier own PC, not knowing jack about it.

Check it out fella   
    :\">
  • João BarbosaJoão Barbosa Member
    edited December 2016

Hello people I would like to setup for CSW V2 to play Project Cars in PS4. My wheel is BMW M3 GT2
    Thank you for your help.
  • That is no problem. Cause PCars is compatible with V2, what's the problem
  • @ Fanatec   hy fanatec team, no news about the new fanatec wheel ( dd wheel ??? ) for ps4 ?  i think many of us here wanna finally had some fresh infos about price, specs and release date ! we are now one month later that the contract is signed with sony, and still no infos from fanatec
    :(

a possible release date were fine, for the moment nobody if the ps4 dd wheel comes in 2017 or 2018 ! 

i hope to here something this year !

there's just one week to go, so i wish you all merry christmas and a happy new year 2017
    :O)
  • Wow this is still raging over here, i was very upset about the csw v2 compatibility but Thank u i  feel compensated a bit with the great black friday deal on your Porsche 918 rsr rim i always wanted that rim so bad, Thomas sorry for getting a bit hostile you have really tried to give us some truly awesome gear. I cant wait to hear news on the DD wheels your working on just please make them relatively affordable the accuforce is priced to high :/ and i dont want to buid an OSW necessarily for around 1500$ cad.  the Fanatec gear i own is going to look so good with your new DD base(s) 
    We are trying to get a license for  force feedback wheel since 10 years now. It is not that we did not know the value of it. We were always rejected and there is no reason give. They don't have to give us any reason because it is their console and they can do whatever they want with it.

I am just happy that they changed their mind and finally give us a chance again.

• I hope that we don't must wait 1 year on the dd base !
  • Guys I doubt the PlayStation base will be DD. The PlayStation base I'm sure is priory #1 as more people are wanting it and wanting it very soon. The DD will come but don't rush it. Remember also that Fanatec is a small company with a limited staff. They can only do so much so fast.
  • brett morobrett moro Member
    edited December 2016
    I really would love to have the DD wheels very soon myself, a DD base it really Wouldn't have to be a large Mige motor either, i would be happy with a small Mige (though there very relative in price) we would get all that great torque and fidelity anyway, a great DD wheel that bridges the gap between the other high end wheels on the market, the fact that Fanatec is making one is very very satisfying not even to mention the ecosystem and all the gear we have for it.  At the end of the day though i can comfortably wait with my csw v2 and my cv1 i personaly can't race without it, sounds like psvr wont be fully usable in gtsport anyway.  Sooooo happy i moved away from the ps4 and built a monster PC (you can buid a great one these days for much less than one mite think), i wasnt sure at first because of psvr but not much happening there, Forward and onward i guess!!  yeehaaw!!!  Its a very very fortunate thing that Thomas and Fanatec reached an agreement with Sony boloney pony  to make a base! at all Because it opens the door to maybe even letting us use the higher end DD base with the ps4. If not no big deal anyhow we get a DD base :)
  • Does anyone know if project cars 2 for the PS4 will include cswv2 compatibility?
  • 100% not. Don't think SMS would risk a lawsuit over it.
  • edited January 2017
    I really would love to have the DD wheels very soon myself, a DD base it really Wouldn't have to be a large Mige motor either, i would be happy with a small Mige (though there very relative in price) we would get all that great torque and fidelity anyway, a great DD wheel that bridges the gap between the other high end wheels on the market, the fact that Fanatec is making one is very very satisfying not even to mention the ecosystem and all the gear we have for it.  At the end of the day though i can comfortably wait with my csw v2 and my cv1 i personaly can't race without it, sounds like psvr wont be fully usable in gtsport anyway.  Sooooo happy i moved away from the ps4 and built a monster PC (you can buid a great one these days for much less than one mite think), i wasnt sure at first because of psvr but not much happening there, Forward and onward i guess!!  yeehaaw!!!  Its a very very fortunate thing that Thomas and Fanatec reached an agreement with Sony boloney pony  to make a base! at all Because it opens the door to maybe even letting us use the higher end DD base with the ps4. If not no big deal anyhow we get a DD base :)
    I did the same thing... Built a Monster PC running EVGA GTX 1070FTW-->SLI!!! Console will Never Get My $$$ again!!! I should thank sony for prompting Me to make the switch to PC when they Blocked Fanatec wheels... with just the people i know (5) that switched to PC i can count over 10k in PC sales.... As Far as Sony VR---> Fugedddaboudit!!! Im using Oculus Rift for PC Pcars and its just Amazing!!! the Depth percetption Racing in VR makes you Really feel Like your Racing for real!!! Not to Mention the CSW V2 feels just Amazing from Road Feel to weight Transfer!!! Everything Feels sooo Right its really Hard for Me to imagine how Much Better a DD wheel Could Really Feel....As far as VR goes... PCars is Great But... Dirt Rally is Even Better!!! WOW... Just WOW!!! Its Truely a Great time ro be a Sim Racer!!!
  • I really would love to have the DD wheels very soon myself, a DD base it really Wouldn't have to be a large Mige motor either, i would be happy with a small Mige (though there very relative in price) we would get all that great torque and fidelity anyway, a great DD wheel that bridges the gap between the other high end wheels on the market, the fact that Fanatec is making one is very very satisfying not even to mention the ecosystem and all the gear we have for it.  At the end of the day though i can comfortably wait with my csw v2 and my cv1 i personaly can't race without it, sounds like psvr wont be fully usable in gtsport anyway.  Sooooo happy i moved away from the ps4 and built a monster PC (you can buid a great one these days for much less than one mite think), i wasnt sure at first because of psvr but not much happening there, Forward and onward i guess!!  yeehaaw!!!  Its a very very fortunate thing that Thomas and Fanatec reached an agreement with Sony boloney pony  to make a base! at all Because it opens the door to maybe even letting us use the higher end DD base with the ps4. If not no big deal anyhow we get a DD base :)
    I did the same thing... Built a Monster PC running EVGA GTX 1070FTW-->SLI!!! Console will Never Get My $$$ again!!! I should thank sony for prompting Me to make the switch to PC when they Blocked Fanatec wheels... with just the people i know (5) that switched to PC i can count over 10k in PC sales.... As Far as Sony VR---> Fugedddaboudit!!! Im using Oculus Rift for PC Pcars and its just Amazing!!! the Depth percetption Racing in VR makes you Really feel Like your Racing for real!!! Not to Mention the CSW V2 feels just Amazing from Road Feel to weight Transfer!!! Everything Feels sooo Right its really Hard for Me to imagine how Much Better a DD wheel Could Really Feel....As far as VR goes... PCars is Great But... Dirt Rally is Even Better!!! WOW... Just WOW!!! Its Truely a Great time ro be a Sim Racer!!!
    Well I have been saying this for the longest time for Fanatec owners that are on the PlayStation to make that switch to PC.
    Spending all that hard earned coin on some pretty decent kit. Then to get flipped by Sony corps ...Naaahh i am not having that.
    My PC isnt as beasty as yours Grimey, Iam rolling a i5 6600k, Zotec 1070 GPU 16gb ram 500gb kingston SSD and 1TB for storage, can run VR comfortably, and also get a pretty decent fps on 1080p on 21:9 monitor LG 34UC79G-B, I wasn't going to bother with that cronus thingy.
    Iam glad this dispute happened between Endor and Sony, I aint looking back chaps...oowwee
    edited January 2017
    Add a 6th friend that switched Grimmydog, i followed some of your csw v2 ffb settings for my ps4 and i thank you they were very good, i will shoot u a friend invite next time i see u on pcars lol. Yeah i got a great deal i was able to upgrade my amd r9 390 to a gtx1080 founders edition used when they first came out, it was a total steal they made a mistake at the computer shop not realizing that my r9 390 was out of warranty and gave me the 1080 for next to nothing lol (relativly speaking) very nice of them to help me out anyways. I can run project cars in a full lobby at 1.8 de bug tool because of asynchronous space warp its incredible, i dont have everything maxed out but damn close. Playing Ets 2, Ats, Dirt rally, Project cars, Assetto Corsa with a graphics mod looks incredible at 2.0, Aerofly fs2 and Elite Dangerous, i costum moded my flight hotas system to my rig with rudder pedals, all this on PC in VR {cv1) and then added SimVibe and a singal butkiker gamer 2 "sim gaming Nirvana".  i really agree with you Grimmy its almost hard to believe a DD wheel could be much better than the csw v2 and as Thomas was saying its very hard to replicate the smoothness of the csw v2 with a DD base but not impossible if i understand him correctly. I hope all people get the chance one day to move to PC.
    Well I have been saying this for the longest time for Fanatec owners that are on the PlayStation to make that switch to PC.
    Spending all that hard earned coin on some pretty decent kit. Then to get flipped by Sony corps ...Naaahh i am not having that.
    My PC isnt as beasty as yours Grimey, Iam rolling a i5 6600k, Zotec 1070 GPU 16gb ram 500gb kingston SSD and 1TB for storage, can run VR comfortably, and also get a pretty decent fps on 1080p on 21:9 monitor LG 34UC79G-B, I wasn't going to bother with that cronus thingy.
    Iam glad this dispute happened between Endor and Sony, I aint looking back chaps...oowwee
    edited January 2017
    Deleted
  • Lol sorry about all the repeat quotes wtf? Im new to forums to a degree as well :/

So I see lmao, nahh its all good g  =))
    edited January 2017
    Lol sorry about all the repeat quotes wtf? Im new to forums to a degree as well :/

So I see lmao, nahh its all good g  =))

Hughie your PC sounds fairly kick ass to me there is not much difference between the gtx1070 and 1080 for fps and you are are rockin an i5 6600k with lots of ssd, I Imagine if you over clocked your gtx1070 we would be very close to the same fps. it's sounds like you mite be waiting for the next generation in VR headsets or you just plainly prefer monitors. Sry if I'm getting to far off topic here.
  • Hi Thomas and fellow bloggers, Do any of you know if there are plans for some sort of CSW V3 that will be compatible with the PS4?

and my second question has anyone tried cronusmax? I am thinking about buying a CSW V2 and understand it will never be compatible with the ps4.
  • Hi Thomas and fellow bloggers, Do any of you know if there are plans for some sort of CSW V3 that will be compatible with the PS4?

and my second question has anyone tried cronusmax? I am thinking about buying a CSW V2 and understand it will never be compatible with the ps4.
    Please read previous forum posts