PlayStation compatibility UPDATE 2

Comments

• Deleted
  • Jared EchoJared Echo Member
    edited January 2017
    I have a Forza CSR Wheel with pedals (US Value Pack) I purchased years ago. I only used it on Xbox 360. It worked perfect on Forza and the Codemasters F1 games straight through F1 2014 without issue until my Xbox 360 went up in smoke a few months ago.

I have been happy with my Fanatec CSR wheel and did not want to blow the money for a new steering wheel that is compatible for the PS4 and F1 2016. It's a pefectly good wheel and still in pristine condition.

After research on the CronusMAX PLUS (with the Playstation 4 Wheel Edition Mode) I decided to make the purchase as we bought a PS4 for Christmas. They used a CSR to develop and test the CronusMAX PLUS with the Playstation 4 Wheel Edition Mode and I have been assured it works fine. **I AM NOT PUSHING or PROMOTING THE PRODUCT. I am only explaining what I have gone through to get to this point. For if I had the money, I would buy another Fanatec wheel as I believe Fanatec builds a top of the line product and once I find a product such as this I refuse to go elsewhere to a different manufacturer. The Sony issue brought me close to being forced to jump to a lesser/much cheaper option.

*The way my wheel is is exactly how it arrived out of the box. I never had issues with it so I never bothered to update the drivers or firmware.

I have two questions..
    1. To assure my wheel is up to snuff with the latest and greatest and to assure I have no issues using the CronusMax/PS4, I have searched for the CSR (not Elite) US page for downloads and firmware. I have been unable to find it on here.
    2. Do I need to update the firmware or driver for the CSR? If so, which driver and or firmware and where do I find it?

Thanks!
  • I have a Forza CSR Wheel with pedals (US Value Pack) I purchased years ago. I only used it on Xbox 360. It worked perfect on Forza and the Codemasters F1 games straight through F1 2014 without issue until my Xbox 360 went up in smoke a few months ago.

I have been happy with my Fanatec CSR wheel and did not want to blow the money for a new steering wheel that is compatible for the PS4 and F1 2016. It's a pefectly good wheel and still in pristine condition.

After research on the CronusMAX PLUS (with the Playstation 4 Wheel Edition Mode) I decided to make the purchase as we bought a PS4 for Christmas. They used a CSR to develop and test the CronusMAX PLUS with the Playstation 4 Wheel Edition Mode and I have been assured it works fine. **I AM NOT PUSHING or PROMOTING THE PRODUCT. I am only explaining what I have gone through to get to this point. For if I had the money, I would buy another Fanatec wheel as I believe Fanatec builds a top of the line product and once I find a product such as this I refuse to go elsewhere to a different manufacturer. The Sony issue brought me close to being forced to jump to a lesser/much cheaper option.

*The way my wheel is is exactly how it arrived out of the box. I never had issues with it so I never bothered to update the drivers or firmware.

I have two questions..
    1. To assure my wheel is up to snuff with the latest and greatest and to assure I have no issues using the CronusMax/PS4, I have searched for the CSR (not Elite) US page for downloads and firmware. I have been unable to find it on here.
    2. Do I need to update the firmware or driver for the CSR? If so, which driver and or firmware and where do I find it?

Thanks!
    Look under discontinued products
  • Don't mean to sound like an idiot, but what does the 32bit or 64bit refer to? The operating system on the PC we upgrade the Wheel with?

Thank you so much for the link.. Much appreciated.
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited January 2017
    Don't mean to sound like an idiot, but what does the 32bit or 64bit refer to? The operating system on the PC we upgrade the Wheel with?

Thank you so much for the link.. Much appreciated.
    Yes. To check your OS, click on your start icon, the Window bottom left. Click on Settings (the gear icon). Click on System. Click on About. Your system type will be listed there. Alternatively, you can right click on the Window icon, click on System and the information will be listed there.

• I know this is off topic but can't find anything to help me. I was playing Pcars last night and during an online race the wheel went crazy putting the wipers and lights on, changing brake bias, looking to each side of the cockpit and disconnecting altogether for a few seconds. Someone in the lobby said that maybe the contacts need cleaning as his T300 does this and it stops after a clean. Is he right? any help on this would be great thank you
  • Mike Gray said:
    I know this is off topic but can't find anything to help me. I was playing Pcars last night and during an online race the wheel went crazy putting the wipers and lights on, changing brake bias, looking to each side of the cockpit and disconnecting altogether for a few seconds. Someone in the lobby said that maybe the contacts need cleaning as his T300 does this and it stops after a clean. Is he right? any help on this would be great thank you
    Did you check button stability in the Fanatec Wheel Properties window (on a PC)?
  • Jared EchoJared Echo Member
    edited January 2017
    Yes. To check your OS, click on your start icon, the Window bottom left. Click on Settings (the gear icon). Click on System. Click on About. Your system type will be listed there. Alternatively, you can right click on the Window icon, click on System and the information will be listed there.

Thanks Trevor. I thought so, but wasn't quite sure.

I discovered I didn't need a firmware or driver update. With the CronusMax Plus stick I bought for use on the PS4, it recognizes the CSR wheel I have as a G29 and the wheel has to be set to 360 degrees on the wheel settings before you open F12016. I set my "S_2" setting to 360 degrees. Once in the game I switched over to my "S_1" setting which has the wheel set at 260 degrees. 260 degrees matches the wheel turn exactly as the wheel on the screen in cock-pit mode shows. The wheel's feedback and feel is every bit as good as it was on the xbox360.

Due to the PS4 (in my case) not currently supporting Fanatec wheels and those like me who couldn't afford another wheel nor wanted to switch to another manufacturer (Fanatec makes one awesome line of products for the best driving experience in my opinion) I recommend the cronusmax plus.

Thanks everyone for your help! Race-On!
  • Thomas, have you some news to share about the new base?
  • so ready for some kind of timeline for this new base.
  • any news or update will be great please.
  • Hey Fanatec

Is there a timeline for upcomming news for ps4 and Fanatec ??

Mark
  • Direct drive?

• UPDATE 2
    Good News!
    I am happy to announce that we finally signed an Agreement with Sony Computer Entertainment Europe for an officially licensed racing Wheel for the PlayStation 4.  Of Course we are in discussions with other regions as well and our target is to make a fully compatible racing wheel for Gran Turismo Sport and other great racing simulations in 2017.

We can now make this new racing wheel compatible to the console system and that means you get full functionality like the PS button or navigation in the console menu. Unfortunately we cannot share more technical details about this product until it is fully approved.
    It is still Sony's policy that only official licensed products will be compatible to future games but we will make as much of your current peripherals compatible to the PS4 as possible. What we can already confirm is that at this point it is not possible to make existing wheel bases compatible anymore. This is not a technical problem but was part of the deal. I am aware that this is not what some of you want to hear but we will make sure that the new racing wheel will be the best wheel for PS4 out there. So if you stay with Fanatec it will still be your best option.

We can also not comment on the timeline but rest assured that we are already working full speed on this project and try to start the approval process already this year. How long it takes is out of our control.
    Hi,
    how about some news regarding this topic?

Thomas wrote: "What we can already confirm is that at this point it is not possible to make existing wheel bases compatible anymore."

So that means whenever we can expect a new PS4 base it will be compatible to existing rims like the Porsche 918 RSR and the V3 pedals of course, right?

Cheers,
    Thorsten
  • Correct on the last question.
  • UPDATE 2
    Good News!
    I am happy to announce that we finally signed an Agreement with Sony Computer Entertainment Europe for an officially licensed racing Wheel for the PlayStation 4.  Of Course we are in discussions with other regions as well and our target is to make a fully compatible racing wheel for Gran Turismo Sport and other great racing simulations in 2017.

We can now make this new racing wheel compatible to the console system and that means you get full functionality like the PS button or navigation in the console menu. Unfortunately we cannot share more technical details about this product until it is fully approved.
    It is still Sony's policy that only official licensed products will be compatible to future games but we will make as much of your current peripherals compatible to the PS4 as possible. What we can already confirm is that at this point it is not possible to make existing wheel bases compatible anymore. This is not a technical problem but was part of the deal. I am aware that this is not what some of you want to hear but we will make sure that the new racing wheel will be the best wheel for PS4 out there. So if you stay with Fanatec it will still be your best option.

We can also not comment on the timeline but rest assured that we are already working full speed on this project and try to start the approval process already this year. How long it takes is out of our control.

How much will be available this new steering wheel?
  • Any news or release date on the ps4 base ?
  • This is the reason why I sold my 2 PS4 consoles, and a gaming PC to go with my Xbox one, to enjoy my Fanatec gear on.
    Sony forget about what people want, and only think about themselves.
    I still have the first 3 Playstations and all Gran Turismo games upto #6, but that is as far as I will go.
    I love Forza motorsports games, and enjoy racing online.
    Sony can go and shove their present and future consoles where the sun doesn't shine.
  • Hay Thomas i will love to have Direct drive for my PS4 what ever the $$$ I will pay for it
  • edited March 2017

• Hello Thomas
  • Hello Thomas
    Hello Thomas
  • ...what ever the $$$ I will pay for it
    Me too! You can bet on that.
  • Hi guys, hi Fanatec,

I read all the 19 pages of this discussion (takes a lot of time for sure !) but i still have some questions for you:

- i'm going to buy a CSP V2.5 with BMW GT2 rim and CSP V3 pedals to use for PC games but i still want to play also on PS4 (a lot of friends there)... using Chronusmax plus, i will have some problems on PS4 Project Cars ? i read Assetto Corsa doesn't work with Fanatec... is it correct ? is there alternatives to ChornusMax Plus ?

- Do you think i will have less problem (not using ChronusMax) buying the Universal Hub for X-Box and using it on PS4 associated with the Dual Shock for specific PS4 Keys and functions ?

- finally, which do you think is the best solution to use fanatec on PS4 (and PC naturally) ? waiting for the "new base" that none knows when it will arrive on market  or one of the two solution i wrote above ?

thank you so much, i'm still a "new driver" and i'm bored and frustrated by my Thrustmaster T300....

Any replay can help me to decide.... to be Fanatec or not to be... this is the question !!

• My clear advice would be to wait for the new base!

Based on what Thomas said about the new PS4 base I think it's worth to wait!

• Hi guys, hi Fanatec,

I read all the 19 pages of this discussion (takes a lot of time for sure !) but i still have some questions for you:

- i'm going to buy a CSP V2.5 with BMW GT2 rim and CSP V3 pedals to use for PC games but i still want to play also on PS4 (a lot of friends there)... using Chronusmax plus, i will have some problems on PS4 Project Cars ? i read Assetto Corsa doesn't work with Fanatec... is it correct ? is there alternatives to ChornusMax Plus ?

- Do you think i will have less problem (not using ChronusMax) buying the Universal Hub for X-Box and using it on PS4 associated with the Dual Shock for specific PS4 Keys and functions ?

- finally, which do you think is the best solution to use fanatec on PS4 (and PC naturally) ? waiting for the "new base" that none knows when it will arrive on market  or one of the two solution i wrote above ?

thank you so much, i'm still a "new driver" and i'm bored and frustrated by my Thrustmaster T300....

Any replay can help me to decide.... to be Fanatec or not to be... this is the question !!

Maybe you can use the v2.5 with Project CARS on PS4 using the CSW v2 profile, but I wouldn't bet on it. Not sure whether Chronusmax works with a v2.5.

What we know for sure though is that the v2.5 will not work with any new PS4 game, including Project CARS 2.
  • ...so we have to wait news from Fanatec.... new base for PS4.

i'll start with CSP V3 pedals with CPX connected with my TM T300 waiting for the new base....

Thank you so much for your kind replay

• V2.5 has no ps3 mode. So won't work with any game. :(