PlayStation compatibility UPDATE 2

Comments

• Probably this has been answered already, so my apologies if that is the case.

Will the ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub for Xbox One be compatible in PC mode
     with the incoming PS4 base?  So I could play Forza 6 etc... On my PC with this .

Thanks

• GT Sport Beta has just started in Europe. So I'm pretty sure we will se some updates here soon...
  • We are trying to get a license for  force feedback wheel since 10 years now. It is not that we did not know the value of it. We were always rejected and there is no reason give. They don't have to give us any reason because it is their console and they can do whatever they want with it.

I am just happy that they changed their mind and finally give us a chance again.
    And, of course, you NEVER told that before... Maybe there are some "disciples" that cannot have enlightened reflexions about the situation, but what you have done can only mean you are either unqualified or dishonest.

I remember when the Xbox ONE was launched and the inability to make the Forza CSR Elite Wheel compatible with Forza 5. You were already at that point confronted to the topic of the "officially licensed products" and special-agreement-chips. It was a new generation of consoles and you were not to blame (in my opinion).

So, you told us that you found a solution by making a wheel base that could allow us to plug several steering wheels and avoid the need to replace all equipments in the future. Knowing that a solution was found for the Xbox One, PC and PS4 (having all these), I chose to preorder the base whilst the HUB is not launched... I received it and waited 8 additional months (yes, a delay was added to the first shipment date) to get the hub and plug my complete equipment to the Xbox One. 

Because, yes, you made an argument of the PS4 compatibility otherwise I NEVER would have bought the V2 base and waited so long for that. In addition to that, if there were no confusion about the Playstation compatibility, you would never have to remove the logos from your website and Sony would not have told you to do so.

On top of that, it is AGAIN a question of special-agreement-chip that you are facing and you are serving the same arguments as the first time with Xbox ONE! It is unacceptable! You clearly knew that the problem would show again if you had not any contract with Sony and were supposed to have the experience of the situation. You chose to specify a PS4 compatibility and put a line of warning about the developers free to implement compatibility or not "just in case". The fact is that you considered your equipment as PS4-compatible but did not want to be responsible of fraud if Sony had chosen to break the trick (what they did).

Clearly, saying "we will launch a new product" is not a solution for me (and for other people who bought your product). It is just a solution for your company with a way of finding a new market (PS4 owners) to sell new products. What we just want is to use our stuff the way we were supposed to. By the way, it is not the case for me since the first time I used it :
    -when unpacking it, I saw that some caps on the buttons were broken. So Fanatec sent me some replacement ones which broke in addition to other original ones. After a year I had almost no caps on the buttons (even ones that I never used);
    -for now, the transformer often stop working. I must unplug it/plug it again to make it work;
    -the use of the wheel is awful with Forza Horizon 3.

You could have sold your wheel 2000€ that I would have not care if only it were durable and compatible with all the machines on the market just as you presented. The problem is that Fanatec infuriates me and the messages you are posting on this topic even more! I waited a longer time (than first expected) for a product that gets downgraded and faulty.

Fanatec, never more...
  • We are trying to get a license for  force feedback wheel since 10 years now. It is not that we did not know the value of it. We were always rejected and there is no reason give. They don't have to give us any reason because it is their console and they can do whatever they want with it.

I am just happy that they changed their mind and finally give us a chance again.
    And, of course, you NEVER told that before... Maybe there are some "disciples" that cannot have enlightened reflexions about the situation, but what you have done can only mean you are either unqualified or dishonest.

I remember when the Xbox ONE was launched and the inability to make the Forza CSR Elite Wheel compatible with Forza 5. You were already at that point confronted to the topic of the "officially licensed products" and special-agreement-chips. It was a new generation of consoles and you were not to blame (in my opinion).

So, you told us that you found a solution by making a wheel base that could allow us to plug several steering wheels and avoid the need to replace all equipments in the future. Knowing that a solution was found for the Xbox One, PC and PS4 (having all these), I chose to preorder the base whilst the HUB is not launched... I received it and waited 8 additional months (yes, a delay was added to the first shipment date) to get the hub and plug my complete equipment to the Xbox One. 

Because, yes, you made an argument of the PS4 compatibility otherwise I NEVER would have bought the V2 base and waited so long for that. In addition to that, if there were no confusion about the Playstation compatibility, you would never have to remove the logos from your website and Sony would not have told you to do so.

On top of that, it is AGAIN a question of special-agreement-chip that you are facing and you are serving the same arguments as the first time with Xbox ONE! It is unacceptable! You clearly knew that the problem would show again if you had not any contract with Sony and were supposed to have the experience of the situation. You chose to specify a PS4 compatibility and put a line of warning about the developers free to implement compatibility or not "just in case". The fact is that you considered your equipment as PS4-compatible but did not want to be responsible of fraud if Sony had chosen to break the trick (what they did).

Clearly, saying "we will launch a new product" is not a solution for me (and for other people who bought your product). It is just a solution for your company with a way of finding a new market (PS4 owners) to sell new products. What we just want is to use our stuff the way we were supposed to. By the way, it is not the case for me since the first time I used it :
    -when unpacking it, I saw that some caps on the buttons were broken. So Fanatec sent me some replacement ones which broke in addition to other original ones. After a year I had almost no caps on the buttons (even ones that I never used);
    -for now, the transformer often stop working. I must unplug it/plug it again to make it work;
    -the use of the wheel is awful with Forza Horizon 3.

You could have sold your wheel 2000€ that I would have not care if only it were durable and compatible with all the machines on the market just as you presented. The problem is that Fanatec infuriates me and the messages you are posting on this topic even more! I waited a longer time (than first expected) for a product that gets downgraded and faulty.

Fanatec, never more...
    I also believe he never guaranteed any further compatibility with new consoles because he can't. He was simply doing his best to TRY and ensure his products would continue to work in future. (Which no other company even tries btw!) Sony changed their rules. Nothing you can do when the rules of the game get changed mid way through the game itself. If you've had issues with your Fanatec equipment than simply contact support. They are very helpful.
  • For over ten years this has been going on....YES 10... "Once bitten, Twice shy", I love my Fanatec gear. Took my sweet little behind to PC. "No Problemo"  And a PC you can get for the same price as a game console "WOW" 

:-SS
  • edited April 2017
    I also believe he never guaranteed any further compatibility with new consoles because he can't. He was simply doing his best to TRY and ensure his products would continue to work in future. (Which no other company even tries btw!) Sony changed their rules. Nothing you can do when the rules of the game get changed mid way through the game itself. If you've had issues with your Fanatec equipment than simply contact support. They are very helpful.

Stop twisting the facts! When you cannot guarantee something, you do not mention it. It is that simple. Otherwise it is not professional.
    What you call "rule" was actually a "glitch". If it had been a "rule", why Fanatec is saying that they looked for a "useless" official licence during ten years? If it really was a "rule", Sony could not break it that easy. They were aware of the non-compatibility and did not mention it when launching the Xbox One solution. The communication about the HUB was made around the compatibility with PC, PS4, Xbox One which should have consequently been really effective and stay so. 
    And, in case you forgot it, Fanatec is a COMPANY, not one of your pals and its goal is not to be one (fixed : they want to make you think they are). They do not make products to be kind to you, it's their job, even if what they do passionate them. So, no, I won't trust them as I would do with a friend.

Concerning the support, they sent me caps for the buttons (after 3 mails and photos of broken ones but they did it) so I do not have any problem with the support. The problem is the quality of the product itself. I don't speak about defects but about cheap quality of certain parts. The caps are breaking even without pushing the buttons (so I play without any now) and the transformer is the worst I have seen even on low coast no-name products.

If you like to be milked like a cow by Fanatec and buy a new product every year after foreseen obsolescence, it's your right, but I don't want to do so.
  • Chris  BrosharChris Broshar Member
    edited April 2017

Stop twisting the facts! When you cannot guarantee something, you do not mention it. It is that simple. Otherwise it is not professional.
    What you call "rule" was actually a "glitch". If it had been a "rule", why Fanatec is saying that they looked for a "useless" official licence during ten years? If it really was a "rule", Sony could not break it that easy. They were aware of the non-compatibility and did not mention it when launching the Xbox One solution. The communication about the HUB was made around the compatibility with PC, PS4, Xbox One which should have consequently been really effective and stay so. 
    And, in case you forgot it, Fanatec is a COMPANY, not one of your pals and its goal is not to be one (fixed : they want to make you think they are). They do not make products to be kind to you, it's their job, even if what they do passionate them. So, no, I won't trust them as I would do with a friend.

Concerning the support, they sent me caps for the buttons (after 3 mails and photos of broken ones but they did it) so I do not have any problem with the support. The problem is the quality of the product itself. I don't speak about defects but about cheap quality of certain parts. The caps are breaking even without pushing the buttons (so I play without any now) and the transformer is the worst I have seen even on low coast no-name products.

If you like to be milked like a cow by Fanatec and buy a new product every year after foreseen obsolescence, it's your right, but I don't want to do so.
    You're absolutely right on every point. The other big company in sim racing makes a wheel that works on every current console, pc and is guaranteed to work on all future devices. They've never had you buy a new base for every console launch. =)) And Sony can change rules easily. Just like Microsoft and just about every other company can. You know the user agreements that everyone just agrees to without reading? Well inside those it specifically says they have the right to alter, amend, change or eliminate any or all rules and policies. Did ya know that? And Fanatec doesn't milk me like a cow. I make sure my money is neatly pressed and looking it's best when I VOLUNTARILY make a purchase. No one is forced to buy contrary to how you are portraying it.
  • edited April 2017
    :-O 8-> ~X( :-t I think all parties should take a Time Out ~O) Respect the Fact that people will believe as they Choose Even if the Facts point or state otherwise....Impossible in time becomes Possible and Possible in time becomes Not possible because it is Not feasable for what ever reason .... Stranger things have happend just look what happend in the Last Election 8-} ...Lets All Just Be Happy that Fanatec Exist and Makes Great Products \:D/ ..... Just imagin the World without Fanatec Gear X_X ..... People would just find something else to Fuss about...LOL :-@ ... \m/
  • I also believe he never guaranteed any further compatibility with new consoles because he can't. He was simply doing his best to TRY and ensure his products would continue to work in future. (Which no other company even tries btw!) Sony changed their rules. Nothing you can do when the rules of the game get changed mid way through the game itself. If you've had issues with your Fanatec equipment than simply contact support. They are very helpful.

You're absolutely right on every point. The other big company in sim racing makes a wheel that works on every current console, pc and is guaranteed to work on all future devices. They've never had you buy a new base for every console launch. =)) And Sony can change rules easily. Just like Microsoft and just about every other company can. You know the user agreements that everyone just agrees to without reading? Well inside those it specifically says they have the right to alter, amend, change or eliminate any or all rules and policies. Did ya know that? And Fanatec doesn't milk me like a cow. I make sure my money is neatly pressed and looking it's best when I VOLUNTARILY make a purchase. No one is forced to buy contrary to how you are portraying it.
    It was exactly my point : we all know that something we could consider as established is susceptible to be changed. That's why Fanatec could not consider the policies of a user agreement as a rule graved in the stone. They knew it. And if we look further, it means that the "wonderful new product" can be launched with the risk that Sony could make it non-compatible the next day. If they can break the rules as they want, they can do it... Moreover, Fanatec is not a "user" in this case...
    To be clear, if it were a "rule", Fanatec should have had a document telling that rule. Otherwise it was just an assumption. And if Sony told that it was "according to the developer and therefore the games", it is unacceptable to communicate on the basis of the simple term "compatibility".

About the image "milked like a cow" I was wrong but did not want to fall into big explanations about marketing strategy. What Fanatec is doing is tribal marketing, which sounds fun because the customer feels like being part of a big family or a big network of friends. Companies are less and less trustworthy for them and they prefer direct contacts with true people they see as "craftsperson". Just look at the change in music or video games; by the past, majors and producers were the icons whilst nowadays a "true artist" is somebody coming from Youtube or Kickstarter. The companies understood that and you can see that they try to put on the spotlight somebody who will incarnate the brand. You can find many books about it or even serious articles/studies on Internet. And that's the strategy Fanatec is using with this blog (but it is supposed to help having feedbacks too, it's not only about posing as friends or craftsmen).
    So, no, you are not forced to buy Fanatec products. But the way you are defending the brand (and your "friend" or "spiritual leader") shows that you do not feel as being in a classic relation company/customer.
  • I also believe he never guaranteed any further compatibility with new consoles because he can't. He was simply doing his best to TRY and ensure his products would continue to work in future. (Which no other company even tries btw!) Sony changed their rules. Nothing you can do when the rules of the game get changed mid way through the game itself. If you've had issues with your Fanatec equipment than simply contact support. They are very helpful.

It was exactly my point : we all know that something we could consider as established is susceptible to be changed. That's why Fanatec could not consider the policies of a user agreement as a rule graved in the stone. They knew it. And if we look further, it means that the "wonderful new product" can be launched with the risk that Sony could make it non-compatible the next day. If they can break the rules as they want, they can do it... Moreover, Fanatec is not a "user" in this case...
    To be clear, if it were a "rule", Fanatec should have had a document telling that rule. Otherwise it was just an assumption. And if Sony told that it was "according to the developer and therefore the games", it is unacceptable to communicate on the basis of the simple term "compatibility".

About the image "milked like a cow" I was wrong but did not want to fall into big explanations about marketing strategy. What Fanatec is doing is tribal marketing, which sounds fun because the customer feels like being part of a big family or a big network of friends. Companies are less and less trustworthy for them and they prefer direct contacts with true people they see as "craftsperson". Just look at the change in music or video games; by the past, majors and producers were the icons whilst nowadays a "true artist" is somebody coming from Youtube or Kickstarter. The companies understood that and you can see that they try to put on the spotlight somebody who will incarnate the brand. You can find many books about it or even serious articles/studies on Internet. And that's the strategy Fanatec is using with this blog (but it is supposed to help having feedbacks too, it's not only about posing as friends or craftsmen).
    So, no, you are not forced to buy Fanatec products. But the way you are defending the brand (and your "friend" or "spiritual leader") shows that you do not feel as being in a classic relation company/customer.
    No, I just don't look at everything as negative. I don't look at Fanatec as being nice so they can take advantage of me. I know exactly what I'm doing. I'm not being manipulated. I find it refreshing that a company isn't acting like a robot with canned responses and no feeling. But what I don't understand and never will is why people spend time on sites of companies they don't like and don't do business with? My time is much too valuable. I don't have the free time to monitor a company site so that I can tell of all the evil deeds of said company. Different priorities I guess. Have a great weekend I'm done responding. It's nice outside and I'm gonna enjoy it. God Bless.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    edited April 2017
    Damien

would you kindly read the official PS4 faq which Sony posted already in 2013, long before the CSW V2 was available.

This is what they told every gamer before the PS4 was out:
    Will PS3 peripherals such as fighting sticks and steering wheels work with the PS4 system?
    Generally speaking, no. However, at launch, users will be able to use these controllers if a specific game title allows it to be used within the game. This decision is upon the game developer and will vary from game to game.

This means:
    • Steering wheels  which do not have a PS4 chip can work with the PS4
    • ...but only if the game developer is supporting it
    • ...and only "at launch" (with no specific date mentioned)
    Nobody knew what "at launch" really means and therefore we clearly warned our customers that PS4 compatibility depends on the game developers. The situation is totally different to the Xbox One where it was clear from day 1 that only Xbox One licensed peripherals will work.

Sony has made it clear and we also made it clear. Nobody was dishonest or played a false game here.

We made everything we can to make our wheels as compatible as possible and I would like to point out that other manufactuers seems not to care at all about the PS4 compatibility of their PC or PS3 wheels as much as we did.

The info was there. If you did not believe it or did not read it then it is not really fair to blame someone else for it.

Please consider to get an adapter from a 3rd party company. Although we cannot officially recommend or support them, it seems that those adapters work fine and you can enjoy racing on PS4 and XBox One with your CSWB V2.
  • No, I just don't look at everything as negative.

I have got many and many devices and products that I'm happy with. But I don't look at everything as positive :).
    I don't look at Fanatec as being nice so they can take advantage of me. I know exactly what I'm doing. I'm not being manipulated. I find it refreshing that a company isn't acting like a robot with canned responses and no feeling.
    Yes so you sum up exactly what I was emphasizing about perception and the evolution of communication. You like Vaseline, it's your right.
    But what I don't understand and never will is why people spend time on sites of companies they don't like and don't do business with? My time is much too valuable. 
    Something you apparently missed : I have a CSR Elite Wheel, a CSW Base V2, a Universal HUB for Xbox One and CSR Elite Pedals. Is that enough to give me the right to say that I "did business with" Fanatec? If this blog is only for fanboys to say that Fanatec is a fantastic brand, write it as a header. Anyway, it's my last answer about this topic, so you will surely have the last word with your pal Thomas. Happy?
    I don't have the free time to monitor a company site so that I can tell of all the evil deeds of said company. Different priorities I guess. Have a great weekend I'm done responding. It's nice outside and I'm gonna enjoy it. God Bless.
    But you have the time to act as a guard dog for those companies. You're right, "different priorities"...

Damien would you kindly read the official PS4 faq which Sony posted already in 2013, long before the CSW V2 was available. This is what they told every gamer before the PS4 was out: Will PS3 peripherals such as fighting sticks and steering wheels work with the PS4 system?Generally speaking, no. However, at launch, users will be able to use these controllers if a specific game title allows it to be used within the game. This decision is upon the game developer and will vary from game to game.
    First of all, this is "fun" to see that you don't answer to all my points but are just keeping repeating the same exact things (and of course, not a word about the electric transformer or the caps that are breaking without pressing the buttons). "Not a robot" Chris said...
    Again, YOU and generally FANATEC are NOT customers/gamers. You are a company conceiving/building(?)/selling peripherals to customers so you need to act as professionals. This means that when you're stating a compatibility or other specs depending on parts not in your hand, you cannot base it on a customers FAQ found on a website! It's RIDICULOUS! You are not doing DIY in your garage for your pal, you are a company with responsibilities. So basing the "PS4 compatibility" logo on a FAQ found on a website and neither on a dialogue with Sony nor instructions specially dedicated to periphal-builders is non-sense and, at worst, fraud. Just the way ultra low-cost counterfeits/gadgets are designed... What a shame for a supposed high-end product...
    Now, the best thing. You want to prove your "intellectual honesty" with at the question "is the product compatible" an answer beginning by "generally no". It's WONDERFUL! You really based your "PS4 compatibility" logo on a sentence that is beginning by "generally no". I can't believe it!
    In addition to that, the question from the FAQ is about PS3 peripherals on the PS4. Not about peripherals that are sold with a "PS4 compatibility" stated. Indeed, the Xbox One Universal HUB and CSWV2 PS4 mode is called in manuals the "PC/PS4 mode", not "PS3 mode" which is the one dedicated to the PS3. Consequently, those products were never supposed to work as PS3 peripherals but, at worst, as PC ones. Even the manual never mentioned to put the peripheral in PS3 mode to make it work on PS4. 

This means: Steering wheels which do not have a PS4 chip can work with the PS4...but only if the game developer is supporting it...and only "at launch" (with no specific date mentioned). Nobody knew what "at launch" really means and therefore we clearly warned our customers that PS4 compatibility depends on the game developers. The situation is totally different to the Xbox One where it was clear from day 1 that only Xbox One licensed peripherals will work. Sony has made it clear and we also made it clear. Nobody was dishonest or played a false game here. 
    No, this doesn't mean that. The sentence that you are mentioning means "no it should not work, but some peripherals could work if you are lucky and the game developers made it work". A gamer would never buy a brand new PS3 wheel at the same time as a PS4 by thinking it will surely be compatible in the future. So, how could Fanatec launch a "PS4 compatible" product with only argument such an answer from a FAQ dedicated to customers? 
    However, yes, in the manual, it is written that "Supporting the FANATEC wheel bases is obliging to the game developers" without saying that it is only for PS4 or for all platforms. The problem is that with such arguments the CSWV2 can become not-compatible anymore with Xbox One because it is only stated that it is compatible with PS3/PC. So we can have from one day to the next a steering wheel compatible with Xbox One and a base that is not anymore. So, no, we don't have guarantee for Xbox One neither. 

We made everything we can to make our wheels as compatible as possible and I would like to point out that other manufactuers seems not to care at all about the PS4 compatibility of their PC or PS3 wheels as much as we did. 
    I don't care about other manufacturers. I didn't buy a Logitech or Thrustmaster wheel. I bought a Fanatec wheel that was presented as compatible with PC/PS4/Xbox One when I bought it. Blaming your competitors for your incompetence and lies is anything but professional.

The info was there. If you did not believe it or did not read it then it is not really fair to blame someone else for it. 
    I think it applies better to you and Fanatec.

Please consider to get an adapter from a 3rd party company. Although we cannot officially recommend or support them, it seems that those adapters work fine and you can enjoy racing on PS4 and XBox One with your CSWB V2.
    That's how you should have communicated about PS4 compatibility at launch of your product : working with a glitch. And I didn't spend much more than for a Thrustmaster in order to have a more restrained product through an adapter. DIY, DIY...
  • edited April 2017
    No one is happy with the Situation but there is Nothing that can be Legally done about it. Dude Can you just leave it alone....Please can we just Move on... Believe Me Complaining about it wont solve any problems... Trust Me If you get Gifted a Free wheel to satisfy your complaints i/ Every one will be Complaining also looking for the same results!!! You would have better served your wants/Demands by being productive and requesting to beta test.... JMO Matter of Fact Fanatec can i beta Test your New wheel??? For Me its Not about a Free Wheel.... Check My order History i have 911 gt2, CSR Elite, CSW v2, CSW v2.5 wheels & XB1 Hub all at Full price!!! CSP v1, CSP v3 & CSP v3i pedals CSW SQ shifter & HB I Play PC, PS4 & XB1 So i have all Equipment to thouroghly Test and Compare any New Equipment with a Fair performance Evaluation. Lorrell Waddell ---> AKA--- > GrimeyDog
  • No one is happy with the Situation but there is Nothing that can be Legally done about it. Dude Can you just leave it alone....Please can we just Move on... Believe Me Complaining about it wont solve any problems... Trust Me If you get Gifted a Free wheel to satisfy your complaints i/ Every one will be Complaining also looking for the same results!!! You would have better served your wants/Demands by being productive and requesting to beta test.... JMO Matter of Fact Fanatec can i beta Test your New wheel??? For Me its Not about a Free Wheel.... Check My order History i have 911 gt2, CSR Elite, CSW v2, CSW v2.5 wheels & XB1 Hub all at Full price!!! CSP v1, CSP v3 & CSP v3i pedals CSW SQ shifter & HB I Play PC, PS4 & XB1 So i have all Equipment to thouroghly Test and Compare any New Equipment with a Fair performance Evaluation. Lorrell Waddell ---> AKA--- > GrimeyDog
    Many things I'd like to rebut with Mr Chambonnet but like I said I'm done. Everyone knows your credentials Grimey. More than enough to be a great tester imo.
    Damien,

I can understand your frustration because things work different on consoles. The T500RS was advertised at a PS3 wheel but when it came out it even required a patch for GT5 to work and it was not compatible to any of the older PS3 racing games. 
    => An official PlayStation licensed racing wheel which was advertized for PS3 was only compatible to a limited amount of titles.

There was nothing Thrustmaster could do about it because a console is a much more restricted system. There are other examples where there were karaoke games sold with microphones but for another karaoke game you had to purchase a different microphone. Or controllers like the Gametrak which worked with exactly one game.  Some racing games don't support wheels at all.

Just look at the new 3D headset which is sold directly by Sony. It will NOT work ith all games in 3D as it requires game support. So not even first party products are 100% compatible. 

Things are different on consoles and there is no 100% guarantee for compatibility of special controllers, This is frustrating for the manufacturers and the consumers.

At the time we advertized the wheel with a PS4 logo we achieved this compatibility so it was certainly not wrong advertizing. If you are used to PC then it is hard to understand that compatibility on consoles cannot be assured forever. Not even if you have a licensed product.

And in any case I hope you did not expect your wheel to work with call of duty so it was clear that compatibility was limited in any case.

PS4 compatibility means that it is compatible to some games on PS4. Nothing more and nothing less. Period.

The only thing we could do is to inform our customers before they purchased the wheel that compatibility depends on external game developers which is what we did. 

If you have technical issues please contact our support and they will help you. The issue with the button caps is well known and instead of complaining here in the forum you could already have gotten new caps if you just contact our support team. Thank you.
  • Thomas BarthThomas Barth Member
    edited April 2017
    Hi all,

here are my thoughts to the compatibility stuff (maybe already told be others):

It's a big business for Sony selling "additional hardware", one of the major business cases. I have all Playstations from 1..4, hardware was never compatible over these platforms (somebody remember the "perfect Namco Racing Controller" for PS1?). So, for Sony it's ok if customers have to buy new controllers for new Playstations, because the "rate" is 5:1 (PS=300.-, Controller=60.-). But with Fanatec product the rate is the opposite: 1:5 (PS=300.-, Fanatec=1500.-). But Sony don't worry about Fanatec customers, because Fanatec customers are approx 0.01% ...

Interesting now is what's next from Sony:
    • PS4 was not ready for Full HD (still LOL)
    • that's why we have now a PS4 Pro ... but Pro is not ready for UHD 
    • I assume we will have a PS5 in next 3 years (for full UHD) !
    • but ... the coming Fanatec wheel will not be compatible with PS5, only with actual PS4 -> this thread will start again !
    My wish: let's do it like "other big companies", which have changed their license models:
    • Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom: you have to pay "per month" to get support for latest cameras
    • Microsoft Office: pay per month
    • Windows 10: Microsoft said, this is "the last Windows vesion". LOL, do you really think Microsoft has an interest, that you will never pay again for Windows? In max 2 years, they will change to a "pay per month" license model ...
    • Sony should go the same way: let's pay once for the security chip (in the wheel base) and then we pay e.g. 10.- per month to have compatibility support for all actual and coming Playstations (maybe cheaper with an already existing Playstation network license)
    That's for me the only way to use Fanatec Hardware together with a Playstation. In other scenarios Fanatec hardware is too expensive for the "short lifetime" of one Playstation ...

• I'm just glad this has all taken so long and still hasn't been sorted as I have finally seen the light and gone and ordered a kick ass PC. I will no longer be giving my hard earned cash to Sony. Will be IRacing by the weekend! SONY YOU SUCK!!!
  • Mike Gray said:
    I'm just glad this has all taken so long and still hasn't been sorted as I have finally seen the light and gone and ordered a kick ass PC. I will no longer be giving my hard earned cash to Sony. Will be IRacing by the weekend! SONY YOU SUCK!!!
    Oh Nice one Mike,I'll look out for yah, I'll tell yah your gonna love iRacing, people have been reluctant to get a PC and do some serious racing, and as I have said countless times before you can get a PC at a  equivalent price of a Sony PS4 with the added option to upgrade your parts at anytime you want.
    These so called PC elitist make out that its soo damn hard to run a gaming PC and you'll need to overclock this and overclock that. 
    That the most total BS I have ever heard. You can have your gaming PC run like your PlayStation with automated updates and such so long as you just get some AntiVirus software. 
    Yeah If your into techy stuff by all means overclock your CPU and GPU so longs as you monitor things then cool.
    Im sure everyone here has some common knowledge and knows how to read. and yeah its that simple just knowing how to read.

Iracing is pretty much the same process too, it can get techy if your into the telemetry part of sim racing. But it eases you into it with fixed series races. And as your going through the licences upgrades you can continue to race fixed or limited setup series' if you so wish.

Yeah it is a subscription based racing simulator, and you'll have that content for life with the same account that you signed up with. You can always cancel your sub at any time and renew it a year later if you so wish and all your content that you previously bought will still be there.

Rookies is pretty much where everyone is testing out as much as you are, so expect that pile up on turn one , but it does get a lot better as everyone progresses. 
    =D> I have heard people say on the grid, "I feel nervous" and or "I feel abit sick"  :-& I also have had this im not gonna lie, the tension just grips yah, you not even like it at first, but i can assure you that it will grip yah sooner or later.
    And you'll be glad that you did go the the PC route, like so many of us did.

Have fun dude see you on the track

Juice  
    :D
  • Mike Gray said:
    I'm just glad this has all taken so long and still hasn't been sorted as I have finally seen the light and gone and ordered a kick ass PC. I will no longer be giving my hard earned cash to Sony. Will be IRacing by the weekend! SONY YOU SUCK!!!
    You wont regret going PC... Just make sure you get a Good GPU and Motherboard... Everything else is just piece work-->so you wont have to do a total PC tear down to upgrade.... I went PC last year and Never Looked back at console Again!!! Going PC is the Only way you can experience the Full potential of Fanatec Gear!!! I knew the Gear was Good on Console but when i went PC I realized that i had Not yet Fully used My Fanatec Gear to its Full potential!!!
  • im somewhat done being mad at fanatec, but not totally.Yes Sony are greedy scumbags and they did change the rules to the game at halftime.So i had to buy an Xbox just to use my top of the line gear. im  not happy about my bmw and f1 rims that are now useless.i have to use the csl rim which is a huge step backwards in realism and overall feel.the universal hub and forza wheel are big friggn dough still and that's what pisses me off. Ive stayed up to date with all fanatecs new stuff for years , much of what i own is now somewhat useless.i don't like being played by anyone. Sony may have screwed us but fanatec hasn't made any concessions to us to help ease the pain.im tired of putting expensive racing devises back in boxes only to have to pay big bucks to replace them,only to find out the expensive replacement is soon going back into a box.If my fanatec setup no longer works with Sony(as previously advertised) and all my rims are sony/pc rims,that's just too bad.now the base only works with Xbox,how about some help on the price the convert over to Xbox.Several times i have fallen for the "oops sorry that doesn't work anymore but you can buy this new one for full price" BS.Im not asking for anything for free but im tired of paying top dollar to replace stuff thats not broken,only to find out the the new stuff that i paid top dollar for no longer works either.I have 3 fanatec bases and 5 swapable rims and currently only one rim works with a current system.Can you understand why im not paying full friggn price for another friggn rim?
  • im somewhat done being mad at fanatec, but not totally.Yes Sony are greedy scumbags and they did change the rules to the game at halftime.So i had to buy an Xbox just to use my top of the line gear. im  not happy about my bmw and f1 rims that are now useless.i have to use the csl rim which is a huge step backwards in realism and overall feel.the universal hub and forza wheel are big friggn dough still and that's what pisses me off. Ive stayed up to date with all fanatecs new stuff for years , much of what i own is now somewhat useless.i don't like being played by anyone. Sony may have screwed us but fanatec hasn't made any concessions to us to help ease the pain.im tired of putting expensive racing devises back in boxes only to have to pay big bucks to replace them,only to find out the expensive replacement is soon going back into a box.If my fanatec setup no longer works with Sony(as previously advertised) and all my rims are sony/pc rims,that's just too bad.now the base only works with Xbox,how about some help on the price the convert over to Xbox.Several times i have fallen for the "oops sorry that doesn't work anymore but you can buy this new one for full price" BS.Im not asking for anything for free but im tired of paying top dollar to replace stuff thats not broken,only to find out the the new stuff that i paid top dollar for no longer works either.I have 3 fanatec bases and 5 swapable rims and currently only one rim works with a current system.Can you understand why im not paying full friggn price for another friggn rim?
    I'll buy your v2 if your selling it.
    All your steering wheels will work fine with our new PS4 wheel so there is no need to invest again. Shifters, pedals and handbrake will work fine as well.
  • All your steering wheels will work fine with our new PS4 wheel so there is no need to invest again. Shifters, pedals and handbrake will work fine as well.
    Even my BMW wheel that I've just bought?
  • All your steering wheels will work fine with our new PS4 wheel so there is no need to invest again. Shifters, pedals and handbrake will work fine as well.
    Even my BMW wheel that I've just bought?
    And can I beta test it!!!!! Money waiting to spend!!!
    Clearly you are not platform biased, why on earth didnt you go PC, it would of made so much more sense   :(
  • edited May 2017
    Hi Thomas!
    YOU MADE MY DAY!!! Thank you so much! I can't wait to press the 'Submit' button on the shopping cart page.
    All your steering wheels will work fine with our new PS4 wheel so there is no need to invest again. Shifters, pedals and handbrake will work fine as well.
    I hope at the end it boils down to a new PS4 base which will be in the same category as the V2.5 in terms of quality and price.

Have a great day ahead. And I really hope your sales forecast will be more than just fulfilled. I'm in - you can bet on that.

Cheers,
    Thorsten
  • Good things come to those who wait. :-)

• Is the CSW v2 compatible with project cars 2 on the PS4? It's a question I asked ages ago but if you could let me know that would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time.
  • Does anyone know how I can run the Fanatec CSW BMW M3 GT2 with pedals v3 on PS4 to play Pcars 2? The game is not recognizing the equipment. In PCars 1 it worked normally. Thank you.
  • So, I understand that you will be developing a new wheel that is licensed and fully compatible.  However, I just purchased the CSL Elite specifically for Gran Turismo GT Sport.  Should I assume that I will be able to exchange my current wheel for a new fully compatible wheel?  I've had it for less than a week.  I can't say how bitterly disappointed I am that this could not be worked out before the launch....

If your response is that you will NOT exchange my current useless wheel for a licensed wheel, then you will lose me as a customer from here forward and I will go to Logitech.

Fair warning, this is how the market works...

Kind Regards,
    Edward Brown