PlayStation compatibility UPDATE 2

Comments

• Wow! I've done some more reading, this time the manuals, and have come to the conclusion that instead of the Universal Hub and Rim Drift Wheel, I should get the ClubSport steering wheel Drift Xbox One AU CSW RDRIFTX.  The manual mentions mapping for Xbox One, PS3 & 4 and PC so this will cover all consoles.

It's $275 dearer but it gives me more options later on.

In an earlier blog post from Thomas that I found (https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/163/sale-universal-hub-for-pc-ps4-and-ps3#latest), he mentions that the buttons on the Xbox One universal hub can be swapped out and made to look like the universal hub.

Please note that you can take off the button caps with the symbols so it will look exactly like the PC version

Has anyone done this and have instructions? I couldn't find instructions in the manual to do this.
  • Murray F said:
    Wow! I've done some more reading, this time the manuals, and have come to the conclusion that instead of the Universal Hub and Rim Drift Wheel, I should get the ClubSport steering wheel Drift Xbox One AU CSW RDRIFTX.  The manual mentions mapping for Xbox One, PS3 & 4 and PC so this will cover all consoles.

It's $275 dearer but it gives me more options later on.

In an earlier blog post from Thomas that I found (https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/163/sale-universal-hub-for-pc-ps4-and-ps3#latest), he mentions that the buttons on the Xbox One universal hub can be swapped out and made to look like the universal hub.

Please note that you can take off the button caps with the symbols so it will look exactly like the PC version

Has anyone done this and have instructions? I couldn't find instructions in the manual to do this.
    Getting the XboxOne button caps off is quite easy. They literally pop off. Not hard at all
  • edited June 2016

don't know where to put this but its's realy kool...:D
     I Have No Idea what He is saying... I read the Translation but it was Good.... anyway when you have the same Gear that a Professional Race Car Driver uses.. Yeah id say you bought right gear...But id say even More that its a unspoken statement that the Quality and Feel of Fanatec Gear is Top Notch and a Great Investment! Look at all the Trophies!!!... Also there Is a Video with Him Driving the GT3 Bentley at spa... He just jumps in gets a 2.18.xxx effortlessly while talking and Giving Track Comparisons RL -VS- Pcars through the whole Video!!! My Best is a 2.20:xxx and i was Flat out and Focused!!! in the Gt3 Porsche don't know if it makes a diff or i just suck...LOL
  • Hey Murray, I also own the V2, X1 hub and V3 pedals. I do know it'll work with GT 5 and 6, with Grid Autosport but not with Grid 1&2 for as far as I know from a friend. Guess those games are to old. Also don't know if it'll work with F1 2010 till 2014....and my guess is that it'll work with 2015 and 2016. Also don't know if handbrake will work cause I don't own one yet. I know you're not interested in PS4 yet, but game devs are...that's why you won't get support for having the Fanatec drivers implemented in those older games.
  • Rubén LasaRubén Lasa Member
    edited June 2016
    Hi guys

I have ridden all this post. I have no clear my situation.

In this moment Fanatec is waiting a answer from Sony to have a license. Ok.

So right now if i want at 28 June 2016 buy a 
    Wheel Base V2 Servo EU, 
    BMW M3 GT2 EU wheel

CLUB SPORT PEDAL V3

I wan t them to play only in PS4, now, and in the future to GT7..... Asseto...

My question is. Can I buy right now these products??

Or should I wait to the license with Sony, to buy it????

I want compatibility now, and to the future. I´m from Spain.

Thank you very much.

• edited June 2016
    As far as I am aware there should NOT be any problem what so ever with PlayStation compatibility  with regards to Fanatec products.
    You will need to do the usual firmware updates when you receive your products on a computer or laptop before you first use it.

Once you have done that. You will need your PlayStation dualshock controller to guide to the games menu, once there, your Fanatec hardware will be enabled.

As regards to any specific games enabling Fanatec hardware, that is totally up to the games developer if they wish to.
    ( eg...So if you want GTSport to work on Fanatec hardware, we all don't know100 percent yet,)  

• edited June 2016
    BUT like with Drive Club, I bet my hands on it that GT sport won't be playable with the BMW rim. And no you won't be able to use your wheel for navigating through PS menu's at all. You need to activate a game with the controller and THEN press X sign to start up a game, so the wheel is loaded within the game.
  • Hi all, I have a GT3RS wheel and need to determine what pedals will work with it for PS3. Can someone point me in the right direction please? There seems to be a dearth of information on this front online. TIA!
  • Hi all, I have a GT3RS wheel and need to determine what pedals will work with it for PS3. Can someone point me in the right direction please? There seems to be a dearth of information on this front online. TIA!
    Any Fanatec pedal set will work when connected through the wheel. You can also connect through USB if you have a second USB port available, that should work as well.
  • I have it on good authority from a UK game designer that any game running SDK 3.5 or newer (basically any PS4 game from August) can't support Fanatec wheels. This means that PS4 titles such as Assetto Corsa, F1 2016 and GT Sport may not be playable. This is until a licensing deal is done. Rumour has it that the issue is purely between Fanatec and Sony and not the game developers. Project Cars apparently did something very dodgy and are still in Sony's bad books. I hope this issue gets sorted because I have a premium Fanatec rig that I would like to use on PS4, particularly with VR coming. I can obviously go PC sim racing but I enjoy the social aspect of racing on PS4 with friends that won't invest in a PC. 
  • Well I never knew the extent of this was to this extreme. I only thought that the case that Fanatec couldn't use Sony's TM on Fanatec's hardware/software. Well that was what most of believed to the truth

Think we may need some detailed clarification as to what is going on here.
    An authorized Fanatec admin needs to step in and not gloss this over

What is going please  ??
    :-/
  • Seriously ? I hope they will sort it out rapidly !
    I have just completed my Fanatec rig recently and certainly won't go Crapmaster !
  • Well I never knew the extent of this was to this extreme. I only thought that the case that Fanatec couldn't use Sony's TM on Fanatec's hardware/software. Well that was what most of believed to the truth

Think we may need some detailed clarification as to what is going on here.
    An authorized Fanatec admin needs to step in and not gloss this over

What is going please  ??
    :-/
    Why? Thomas clearly stated that a new wheel was necessary to satisfy Sony and that a licensing agreement was needed to make it happen.
  • Tom LancasterTom Lancaster Member
    edited July 2016
    I have it on good authority from a UK game designer that any game running SDK 3.5 or newer (basically any PS4 game from August) can't support Fanatec wheels. This means that PS4 titles such as Assetto Corsa, F1 2016 and GT Sport may not be playable. This is until a licensing deal is done. Rumour has it that the issue is purely between Fanatec and Sony and not the game developers. Project Cars apparently did something very dodgy and are still in Sony's bad books. I hope this issue gets sorted because I have a premium Fanatec rig that I would like to use on PS4, particularly with VR coming. I can obviously go PC sim racing but I enjoy the social aspect of racing on PS4 with friends that won't invest in a PC. 
    Looks like this is true and its a really huge problem considering that F1 2016 and Assetto Corsa are both coming out next month. We really need a comment from Fanatec on this situation.
  • Why all the panic...Fanatec won't let us down...I'm sure that a PS wheel is coming to us very soon!!
  • I don't want to buy another wheel. I already have 2 (The Porsche 918 and the F1 Formula Black) which work perfectly fine on Project Cars, F1 2015, Dirt Rally, Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo and WRC 2015. I just want compatibility with future games.
  • And yes...why is only PCars in a bad book with Sony...Dirt can also be played on ps4 with Fanatec..and I'll bet AC will be too. Also previous Sony owned game devs that made Driveclub tweeted about a week ago that they received Fanatec gear to use/test on their new game !! So only Sony owned studios miss out on being able to use Fanatec gear. So if you want my opinion...a lot of BS. Game devs choose for themselves if they use Fanatec compatibility !!
  • This is starting to worry me as I've recently purchased a Fanatec wheels and can't afford another wheel. If Sony can't sort this out I Will be moving to PC as the price of a decent graphics card now makes the leap not so bad.
  • Just don't worry...I think that once Fanatec has agreed on a licence and also produced a PS wheel...all further firmware will keep PS compatibility for any base.
  • I have heard a few things just recently and lets just say, I am now very hopeful :)
  • I have heard a few things just recently and lets just say, I am now very hopeful :)
    Care to elaborate? 
  • Well I don't wanna point the finger, and it may be just a rumor and I could be totally wrong. But lets just be patient and see.
  • Let's hope older wheels like my 911 GT2 wheel get updated.
  • edited July 2016
    I have it on good authority from a UK game designer that any game running SDK 3.5 or newer (basically any PS4 game from August) can't support Fanatec wheels. This means that PS4 titles such as Assetto Corsa, F1 2016 and GT Sport may not be playable. This is until a licensing deal is done. Rumour has it that the issue is purely between Fanatec and Sony and not the game developers. Project Cars apparently did something very dodgy and are still in Sony's bad books. I hope this issue gets sorted because I have a premium Fanatec rig that I would like to use on PS4, particularly with VR coming. I can obviously go PC sim racing but I enjoy the social aspect of racing on PS4 with friends that won't invest in a PC. 
    I have no idea who told you this, but currently the situation is as stated in the first posting that Fanatec cannot promote PS3/PS4 compatibility although all wheels still are compatible because support comes from within the game and not from the platform.

The developers of Project CARS did not do anything 'dodgy' as far as I know, they did exactly what I described above and supported Fanatec (and other) hardware directly from the game (like any other race game, as there is no platform-based support for hardware on PS).

No idea if SDK3.5 (I presume that's the PS4 SDK?) will block wheel support but I think that that would be a very bad move from Sony, basically rendering the sim racing hardware of many, many people useless from one day to the other and forcing them to buy new gear. I don't think that that will happen.
  • I have it on good authority from a UK game designer that any game running SDK 3.5 or newer (basically any PS4 game from August) can't support Fanatec wheels. This means that PS4 titles such as Assetto Corsa, F1 2016 and GT Sport may not be playable. This is until a licensing deal is done. Rumour has it that the issue is purely between Fanatec and Sony and not the game developers. Project Cars apparently did something very dodgy and are still in Sony's bad books. I hope this issue gets sorted because I have a premium Fanatec rig that I would like to use on PS4, particularly with VR coming. I can obviously go PC sim racing but I enjoy the social aspect of racing on PS4 with friends that won't invest in a PC. 
    I don't see how this information can be based on any true facts because then that would mean Codemasters did something dodgy as well...EX F1 2015 and Dirt work on PS4 with Fanatec wheels...Seems based on the relevant facts it's just more useless speculation

Sony always said from PS4 launch that it would be up to game devs to program in wheel support for the wheel that they want to work... many people are in a panic spreading rumors because GT sport launch is near and because its a Sony team developed game the odds that it will work with Fanatec wheels at the moment seem to be 0% without native support just as it is with Drive...in any event Sony will only be Hurting themselves not to let the wheels work...The Lack of Fanatec wheel support will cost them to lose many Gt sport sales!!! 
  • Tom LancasterTom Lancaster Member
    edited July 2016
    I have no idea who told you this, but currently the situation is as stated in the first posting that Fanatec cannot promote PS3/PS4 compatibility although all wheels still are compatible because support comes from within the game and not from the platform.

The developers of Project CARS did not do anything 'dodgy' as far as I know, they did exactly what I described above and supported Fanatec (and other) hardware directly from the game (like any other race game, as there is no platform-based support for hardware on PS).

No idea if SDK3.5 (I presume that's the PS4 SDK?) will block wheel support but I think that that would be a very bad move from Sony, basically rendering the sim racing hardware of many, many people useless from one day to the other and forcing them to buy new gear. I don't think that that will happen.
    The situation has definitely changed. There is a PS4 closed beta going on right now where Fanatec wheels are not supported. The game comes out next month.
  • edited July 2016

The situation has definitely changed. There is a PS4 closed beta going on right now where Fanatec wheels are not supported. The game comes out next month.

• edited July 2016
    A closed Beta on what game AC or GTSport ?
  • edited July 2016
    Exactly... What Game are you talking about??? Or are you saying there is a system update coming out that will Not let Fanatec wheels work??? For your Statement to be even considered as Credible you Need to provide More detailed information...The situation Can Not Change like that because sony has Made No announcement that they will Not allow Game Devs to program in wheel support...They just cant Change that like that just because they want to... This is the Sole Basis that i and Many others bought a PS4 on... They maybe can Block the wheel from working on the New UHD PS4 thats coming out... But they will only hurt their sales by doing that. Edit: and again it Can Not Be Dodgy Bizness that SMS Has Done because CodeMasters has Programmed in wheel support for Fanatec wheels... This is what was said by Sony that it will be up to Game Devs to Program in Wheel support if they Choose...PS4 Fanatec Native wheel support and In Game Fanatec Wheel Support are 2 different things. Native support aould be Nice but its More important the the wheel work in Game.
  • I think the closed beta he is talking about if F1 2016. If $ony are locking out Fanatec in their next console then they will definitely be losing me as a customer and I am already starting to get funds ready and searching out parts for a triple screen, VR ready pc