PlayStation compatibility UPDATE 2

Comments

• I believe it's the new game development SDK that will prevent Fanatec working on PS4, not the console operating system. All previous games will still be fine.
  • Lorrell I'll add you in IRacing bud,and In Steam
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    I'm feeling less and less need to stick with the consoles. The constant struggle with compatibility can be annoying.
    <\br> I love the plug and play of consoles, but I wish they were more open and compatible. It would absolute benefit them in the long run.
  • edited August 2016
    Natalie when your ready to make the jump, i'll add you too.
  • Yup mark, you're right, the latest sdk 3.5 doesn't give the developers the possibility of adding fanatec compatibility iirc. And natalie, once you join the glorious triple screen pc master race, you don't even want to go back :) Pc is pretty much plug and play as well until you start trying to add mods or overclock things. But the good thing about pc's is that like 99% is easily fixable by just doing Google searches:)
  • the situation is clear for codemasters, now we need a response from FANATEC for the future of PS4 compatibility.

can i ask a refund for buying a compatible wheel one year ago and now doesn't work with new games ?
    This isn't Fanatecs fault. As far as they knew the bases/rims would always work with PS4. Sony is the problem. They changed the rules. Nothing Fanatec can do about it. And it sounds like it kinda blindsided Fanatec as it did us.
  • the situation is clear for codemasters, now we need a response from FANATEC for the future of PS4 compatibility.

can i ask a refund for buying a compatible wheel one year ago and now doesn't work with new games ?
    This isn't Fanatecs fault. As far as they knew the bases/rims would always work with PS4. Sony is the problem. They changed the rules. Nothing Fanatec can do about it. And it sounds like it kinda blindsided Fanatec as it did us.
    Agree 100%!!! Sony said it was up to game devs to Program in and provide support for the wheels they want to work with their games! Now it seems that Sony has changed that policy and is forbiding devs to program in wheel support!!!

Im Off the Console Boat!!! Ordered my Gaming PC Build today and I should be ready for pick up by Fri or Saturday!!!
    i had it built specifically to run 4k UHD gaming!!! I may never play console again if its as good as PC Gamers say!!!
  • isrtv has several photos of the new csl e base
  • the Clubsport v2 has a ps3 mode that emulates a G27 wheel, why not include in a new firmware a mode of emulation G29 for ps4 ?
  • edited August 2016
    I bought a T300 Thrustmaster and I will never buy a fanatec. F1 series by codemaster are the only games I play and I've choose the ps4 after xbox 360 only because of the fanatec support in f1 2015. I will never buy a product if  it is not produced by a big company. This is my experience.... 420 € spent only 2 years ago for to spend other 280 € today... This is my advice for all people that have had my same experience.
  • Do you have a link to it robbert?

Agree 100%!!! Sony said it was up to game devs to Program in and provide support for the wheels they want to work with their games! Now it seems that Sony has changed that policy and is forbiding devs to program in wheel support!!!

Im Off the Console Boat!!! Ordered my Gaming PC Build today and I should be ready for pick up by Fri or Saturday!!!
    i had it built specifically to run 4k UHD gaming!!! I may never play console again if its as good as PC Gamers say!!!
    Nice! Hit me with it - how much for a decent 4k gaming PC?
  • Robert you can't leave us like that man, where's the link g ?
  • I bought a T300 Thrustmaster and I will never buy a fanatec. F1 series by codemaster are the only games I play and I've choose the ps4 after xbox 360 only because of the fanatec support in f1 2015. I will never buy a product if  it is not produced by a big company. This is my experience.... 420 € spent only 2 years ago for to spend other 280 € today... This is my advice for all people that have had my same experience.
    I'll never ever buy toys over these quality products. There are enough complaints about TM and their RMA policy...so big or small company...don't matter a damn thing
  • I bought a T300 Thrustmaster and I will never buy a fanatec. F1 series by codemaster are the only games I play and I've choose the ps4 after xbox 360 only because of the fanatec support in f1 2015. I will never buy a product if  it is not produced by a big company. This is my experience.... 420 € spent only 2 years ago for to spend other 280 € today... This is my advice for all people that have had my same experience.
    me too i buy a t300rs yesterday and i never trust that one day i replace my csw v2 by a thrustmaster plastic toy.

this is a bad time for me and fanatec :(
  • edited August 2016
    I bought a T300 Thrustmaster and I will never buy a fanatec. F1 series by codemaster are the only games I play and I've choose the ps4 after xbox 360 only because of the fanatec support in f1 2015. I will never buy a product if  it is not produced by a big company. This is my experience.... 420 € spent only 2 years ago for to spend other 280 € today... This is my advice for all people that have had my same experience.
    me too i buy a t300rs yesterday and i never trust that one day i replace my csw v2 by a thrustmaster plastic toy.

this is a bad time for me and fanatec :(
    Compared to CSW, ok... but the prices are very different. For who like me had a CSR, T300 is equivalent or better. I would never change my Csr... but what can I do? I respect fanatec quality, but i do not thrust in them, sorry. For them 420€ are nothing... for me are too much in only 3 years.
  • edited August 2016
    Manuel maybe you should of waited a lttle bit longer my friend...                      The new Wheel.....

looks like a tier down from the V2 base, and obviously. This is gonna be directed at the semi-casual sim racer. I think it wil do well in that cheaper price point.

Seems like fanatec have come up trumps with the license saga and Sony, presuming this is the reasoning for such a base.

This is most likely going to be PlayStation licensed hardware.:)

im guessing now that GTSport will be playable on my V2 base when the firmware is updated for the new base. 

views are my own and not based on facts

• Manuel maybe you should of waited a lttle bit longer my friend...                      The new Wheel.....

looks like a tier down from the V2 base, and obviously. This is gonna be directed at the semi-casual sim racer. I think it wil do well in that cheaper price point.

Seems like fanatec have come up trumps with the license saga and Sony, presuming this is the reasoning for such a base.

im guessing now that GTSport will be playable on my V2 base when the firmware is updated for the new base. 

no problem, i keep my v2 for pc gaming, but since 6 days that we know the problem for f1 2016 absolutely no one from fanatec came to reassure us about the future of the ps4 compatibility. that's a shame.

Nice! Hit me with it - how much for a decent 4k gaming PC?
    It was Not that bad...$1,650 but it was a Fresh Build from the Ground up... I could have saved about $300. Between the Mother Board, PC Case, Power Supply and Blue Ray Disk Drive but i went with the higher end parts because i want to expand it along the way... I went with a Mother Board designed for Heavy Gaming use. The Case Alone was $160.!!! i think that was expensive!!! But i didnt want to go cheap there and run out of space for future upgrades... also the larger case provides better Cooling and a great Light Show... LOL...i went with the long term investment train of tbought. also i went with the 1070 FTW Graphics card i could have saved another $100 or so there also but i just wanted to get it out the way so im set for a while.... Maybe in a year or when the price drops which ever come first i will add another 1070 FTW Card for even More Graphics power so im set when the VR tec is perfected... but as it is a 2nd card will be just extra unused Graphics power because im only using 1 display.... Samsung UHD 48in Curved tv. Im Very Excited i cant wait to get that thing Home and see what it can Do!!!
  • Manuel maybe you should of waited a lttle bit longer my friend...                      The new Wheel.....

Good news for some but I don't think it will be that simple for us V2 owners. The V2 does not have the security chip that Sony requires all peripherals to have - this surely can't fixed by a simple firmware update.
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited August 2016
  • edited August 2016
    Don't know if the source is reliable :

https://support.505games.com/support/solutions/articles/6000144595-are-steering-wheels-supported-by-assetto-corsa-

Notice they talk about "officially licensed 3rd party wheels".
  • So...that COULD mean only Fanatec X1, cause that one is licenced.
  • I just installed F1 2016 on my PS4 and i now can confirm that Fanatec CSW dont work with the game.
    So i will send the game back. Im disappointed that Fanatec lost compatibility to PS4. When i bought my V2 it was 100 % compatible to the PS4 so i think, it is a fault of Fanatec that they lost it.

• I simply not going to buy separate new base(other than possible direct drive-base in the future), if there is need for PS4-compability it has to be made with wheel rims and hubs, just like with XOne. At that case the affect for us customers would be somehow reasonable.

And about that dd-base in the future, these problems has to be solved before they even start to sell it.
  • I just installed F1 2016 on my PS4 and i now can confirm that Fanatec CSW dont work with the game.
    So i will send the game back. Im disappointed that Fanatec lost compatibility to PS4. When i bought my V2 it was 100 % compatible to the PS4 so i think, it is a fault of Fanatec that they lost it.

It's not Fanatec's fault. Sony changed the rules.

Csw 1 or csw 2 ???
  • Finally I plugged my Asus ROG laptop from 2013 to my TV and tried AC which I had since release and never used for more than a year. It works perfectly fine.
    Problem is my laptop is 3 years old and I don't know if future games will work...
    I will look into it for F1 2016.
  • Gabriel I presume you have windows7 or later if so do the windows updates and you should be good to go, although you may to optimize your graphical settings