CSL Elite WRC does not work with Dirt Rally 2.0 on PS4

Hello, after initial difficulties in successfully installing the steering wheel with the new firmware, I have now made it and wanted to test Dirt Rally 2.0 with it.

The steering wheel is not recognized as an input device in the game.

Gran Turismo Sports runs perfectly with it.

Is this a special problem or is it expected that the game will still be supported in the future?

Thank you for your help.

Best wishes,

Christoph

Comments

• Is it just the wheel itself not being recognised or is it the pedals as well? And you're using 374 drivers?

• Hi,

i used the latest 374 drivers.

I can't say whether the pedals don't work either because I don't have a steering wheel to choose from in the game. With the CSL P1 it works.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Christoph,

We are aware of the issue and are working on a solution. If you have a CSL Elite base, using it in 'purple mode' is a workaround at the moment.

This is actually a game issue, so it may not be possible to resolve if there are no further updates from the developers.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Hello and thanks for the answer.

Unfortunately, the purple mode does not help here.

It would be good to know from other players whether they actually have the same problem, not that I'm doing something wrong.

greetings

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

In which order did you do it?

Go into purple mode by pressing mode button for 5 seconds -> Use PS button on the wheel to register controller -> start Dirt Rally 2.0

• I tried to put mine in Purple mod but nothing happens when I press the PS button.

• Martin MurphyMartin Murphy Member
    edited September 2020

Hi There

Just had my WRC wheel delivered and not managed to get it working with DirtRally 2.0 which is the only reason I bought it. I too am running a PS4 and have the CSL Elite Wheelbase. Feeling a bit frustrated hopefully can receive some assistance. It would be good if Fanatec had a "help line" so we could get a person to help us?

I went through the instructions firstly updating the driver. Then it let me calibrate the gears with my Fanatec clubsport shifter but only the 7 speed plus reverse-not managed to find out how to calibrate the sequential or the paddles also not been able to configure steering wheel centre. But did manage to adjust rotation?

Really odd but would not work with DirtRally 2.0??

From the comments ive read here, it appears that it may be the game itself? Perhaps inly on PS4??

If you read this Fanatec Team, please advise how we move forward with this issue.

Thanks and waiting for an update

So I tried again and you have to do the following

1. No game started
    2. Hold mode button for 5 seconds until LED turns purple
    3. Press the left stick on the WRC wheel (works as PS button in purple mode)
    4. Login like usual
    5. Start Dirt Rally 2.0

The whole issue seems to be only in Dirt2.0 and GRID. Both using the same engine seems to have difficulties recognizing this exact base/wheel combination. We will try to look into improving this and contact the gamedev.

Sorry my fault, recognized somehow its pressing the left stick when being in purple mode. something we have to change.

• Yes - this is the way to go!

Big thanks to you, the wheel works fine now in Dirt Rally 2.0.

• Got mine today and couldn’t get it to work, will have to try this and see how I get on.

• Got mine today and it’s working this way! Thanks!

• Just tried it and worked fine. Thank you.

• Hi Marcel,

I am experiencing the same problem but I am using the CSL Elite Base with the Podium Hub and the

Clubsport Buttons.

My normal procedure is blue mode on the base, login by pressing the option button for 3 seconds.

By doing so Dirt Rally 2.0 is not recognizing the wheel. With the normal P1 Wheel (Standard CSL Elite Wheel) the game recognizes the hardware.

Is there also a work around for CSL Base with Podium Hub and Clubsport Buttons? I am using Beta driver 381.

Thanks and best regards

Take care

Carsten

• Hi All,

the purpel compatibility mode works.

CSL Elite Base

Podium Hub

Clubsport Buttons

Shifter and handbrake are ordered.

I will give an update when installed...

Cheers

Carsten

• Hello. I have an issue with wrc wheel and fanatec handbrake on dirt. I can get the wheel to work in purple mode but this makes the handbrake not work. Anybody have any solution to this? Thanks. C

• Hi, I'm having trouble using the steps listed in the middle of this thread. I've successfully got my CSL Elite to purple, but pressing the left stick isn't registering. Is it possibly because I'm trying to run a PS4 game on the PS5? 🤔 Thanks for any and all help!

• edited December 2021

I'm having the same issue with my CSL Universal Hub on a CSL Elite Wheel Base PS4, using it on a PS4. Dirt Rally 2.0 doesn't recognise it in normal blue mode (my P1 and Formula rim LE 2019 work fine).

I can switch to purple mode, but then it seems none of the keys has a binding to X. The PS button seems to have moved to the funky switch under purple mode, I have found options and the O key, but not the X key. So I can't start the game with the wheel.

I did manage to start Dirt Rally 2.0 with the PS gamepad, and then at screen where you'd press X on the steering controller, the left red button (#7 in the quick guide) did the trick somehow. Once in the game, there still is no X, and that same red button registers as a Square button when you try to remap the bindings.

The shifters are somehow shifted around as well, but fortunately I have a separate shifter.

In the controller menu, the wheel now shows up as a generic Steering Wheel. My other wheels are recognized with the correct name (but that's under the blue mode).

Is there somewhere a definitive overview of the button mappings of the CSL Universal Hub when used in the different modes? The quick guide only lists the PC (red) and normal PS4 (blue) modes, but nothing for the CSL Elite Base PS4's yellow or purple modes.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Edit: I'm on Driver 429. Quickly checking the changelog in the latest beta drivers 431 & 432 I noticed the following which might solve it, but haven't tried the beta drivers yet as I'm not too keen on the changes in how the tuning menu works:

• CSL UH D-Pad press now works to navigate in game menus