Wheel slams at startup to left

Dear all,

I just bought a fanatec csl elite base with pedals shifter and special xboxonehub behind the wheel.

The wheel is amazing super high quality and works perfect, however there is a strange thing happening.

When i startup the xboxone X and load my profile the wheel slams once to the left with full force and speed. It can also happen when i change games and load my saved game.

Its quite scary with the force it does that.After that the wheel functions without any issue.

The wheel is updated to the latest firmware with the tool, so that shouldnt be the issue i think.

Any thoughts what this could be? On pc it doenst give me this sudden spin.

regards Tim

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

Make sure you don't have Auto Sign in enabled. I assume its happening with Forza Horizon/7?

Make sure the Wheelbase is in Xbox mode before plugging into the Xbox. Power on Xbox and Sign into your profile.

• Hi Joseph,

Yes its indeed in the forza games, ok will try it without auto signin

I have my wheel plugged in the xbox all the time on a playseat so suppose you have to reconnect this all the time and start in xbox mode then before connecting?

Strange that it gives this in the forza games.

tim

• edited April 2020

Just checked this but does not solve the issue to remove signon and the wheel standard in xbox mode.

again it gave me the hard turn to the left. Am i doong some wrong or Is it known what is causing this issue with the fanatec wheel?

As its xbox compatible Unit this should happen right? im worried it will damage my wheel.

Is it wise i contact fanatec about it or are they aware of this?

tim

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

Have you tried Hard resetting the Xbox? I know it happens often with Horizon 4 if I have played another game and only happened once with Forza 7.

Try the hard reset and turning your wheel on while the xbox is in standby mode. The wheel will power on the Xbox.

There have been odd issues with Forza in the past which were apparently fixed in Forza7 however it still happens in Horizon.

BTW. Which firmware do you have installed ?

• edited April 2020

Hi Joseph,

Thanks alot for your comments and willingness to help.

i tried the hard reset another time but unfortunatly doesnt change it for me, not in forza motorsport 7.

Also have been in contact with fanatec support this week which claims its game related for which they have no solution. Find that a little disappointing as i bought this specifically for xbox one compatibility and play forza. Also it can easiliy harm your hands if your holding the wheel at that moment so would expect fanatec examines this further.

The only workarround that seems to avoid this is start the login screen with a normal xbox one controller. Only problem i then have is that car doesnt come to compleet standstill in the game. Brake works fine but doesnt stop the car completely which is very annoying.

For info, use firmware version

wheelbase csl elite motor 22

wheelbase ca elite firmware 662

pc driver 346

Tim

• Hi Tim,

"Old" post, but have you solved what caused the strange behavior? This happened to me today, but when starting up a PS4 Pro. Did as usual, turned on the console and some seconds later the CSL Elite base. The wheel began immediatebly rotate to the left end position and then to the right. The force and speed was very high, not at all as when calibrating during start up. It felt like the belt toothed over when I instinctively tried to grab the wheel. It felt very harmful for the newly bought equipment. A second later I pulled the plug.

Next startup went well, just the PS4 that showed Errors and needed to reeboot itself several times.

Please make a post if you know what causes the crazyness.

Wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from over here in Sweden!

/Per