Thank-you Fanatec

Just wanted to say a big thank-you to Fanatec - my new Clubsport Formula V2 Steering Wheel was shipped today (7th October) - UPS tracking states (if all goes well) delivery on Friday. I did a preorder expecting delivery sometime after 20th October. After having read all the dark posts about Fanatec shipping delays I set my expectations low - maybe get delivered to UK by end of October - so well done Fanatec - I think they call it "managing customer expectations" and now you have a happy customer.

Comments

• Ross ComptonRoss Compton Member
    edited October 2020

Awesome! :) they did the same for me, they shipped it and i got my CSL Elite two days later! also in the UK.

I had a T300 TM wheel fail on me after about a day of having it.... I decided to not trust them for a replacement and go for the more expensive Fanatec wheel instead which turned out to be a good thing because its just so much better, iv been drifting on Asseto Corsa with it for a couple of weeks now and it is an amazing wheel :)

Iv gone from not being able to do a single corner to drifting a whole track (most of the time :P ) using the recommended Fanatec settings on the forum!

Iv still got a none Fanatec shifter and peddles as there was a limit to my budget due to a certain virus making me redundant.. going to get them Peddles when I am able to as I am pretty sure they will be a big step up to.

From what iv seen your wheel should be even better, Gratz man !!

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Thank you both for purchasing our products!

Happy racing!

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Well cancel that "thank-you to Fanatic" - as the Formula V2 steering wheel that arrived last Friday doesn't work (as advertised) with my XBOX. I spent over 1100 Euros on a Clubsport Formula V2 Steering wheel, a CSL Eite Wheel Base + for PS4 and a set of V3 pedals and I can't use any of it.

As suggested by Fanatec I updated the Driver to V373 and flashed the steering wheel with v35 Firmware all correctly and it just will not work with an Xbox (problem is with a USB device reported by Windows when connected to a PC) and I'm still waiting for technical support to reply to my request. I'm going to ask for a full refund.

edited October 2020

That would be a shame, Can't they sort it out for you? its only been a few days?

Maybe someone on these forums can help?

• Thanks for your support Ross - guess I will just have to wait and see what happens next - as you say maybe someone on the forum can help?

edited October 2020

Nobody is really around i guess? XD can you tell me more about the issue? maybe i can look for you.

I mean no disrespect for any of my questions I find it best to ask even the simple things just because we are all human ^.^

When you update drivers it messes with the mode, have you made sure its in the correct mode when you connect it to your Xbox?

Does everything show connected still on your PC In the Fanatec wheel property's?

Does it work for games on your PC (if your pc can handle anything)?

I don't run mine on xbox I am sorry in advance if i can't help.

• Hi Ross - Thanks for your offer of support and Technical Support at Fanatec have told me to update the PC Driver Package to V374 and flash the wheel base firmware with V674 and now everything works as expected. So in the end all worked out OK

• That's great!

I am happy you have managed to get it sorted I expected that they would be able to help you. :)

How is the wheel, was it worth the wait?