CSL Elite Cannot Update Motor Firmware

I bought my CSL Elite wheelbase less than a month ago and I've been having some issues with it since then. Steering feels pretty notchy, not smooth at all. I don't know how I can describe it properly but the steering feedback is kinda wild at times making you fight it. This happens sometimes even on the straights where there is no steering input. Basically, the steering wheel wobbling left right aggressively even on straights.

Based on what I've been reading on this forum, I decided to update the firmware on the wheelbase. I successfully updated it to driver 347 from 328. However, I cannot update the motor firmware. Mine is currently 22 and I want to flash the v20 since couple posts indicate it might be smoother. Whenever I try to update the motor firmware, I get the following error while trying to connect:

Error: Connect device failed(Error: UartPeripheral() cannot open PC UART port(), speed(19200 Hz).).

I tried uninstalling/re-installing the driver on 2 different Windows machines with no luck. Pretty much tried anything except for re-installing the Windows, which I'm not willing to do. I'm going to contact Fanatec support but wanted to check here first in case someone has a working solution that I haven't came across before.

Comments

• James WoodsJames Woods Member
    edited April 2020

Oscillations on the steering wheel can be fixed via the DPR settings. Try lowering it down from 100. I would work increments of 5 or 10. First, you should check the dampening in your game, if it offers it. See if you can tweak it there, and if not, use the Fanatec setting to do so.

As far as the motor firmware, 347 comes with the 22 firmware for the motor. If you want the 20, you need to get the hex file, download it, and point the firmware updater to where ever you put it.

Someone from fanatec posted the 18,20 and 22 firmwares a while back. I am attaching that file here, but not sure if the motor firmwares are different for different wheels. I use a CSW 2.5.