[Resolved] Default Hex file loading failed error

Hello,

First of all, I would like to say that before open the new discussion I was reading all comments about my problem in Fanatec forum and did not find a solution.

I have got loss center issue (loss 30-40 degree during the race) on my CSL Elite F1. I contacted with Fanatec Support and they offer me to update the driver which version is 346 (they send me the download link for the driver). I installed the driver on my PC and try to update firmware then it was appeared “Default Hex file loading failed” error during update process. 

After that, I was going into the driver menu -> update menu and click on “update wheel base motor firmware“ and succeed to update it and unfortunately I could not update “CSL E WB Firmware”, again it is appeared “Default Hex file loading failed” error.

My computer is run with windows 10 and I updated it already. Try with different usb port, disable anti-virus, restart pc after install new driver etc.

I tried everything what was offering in the forum as a solution and still my problem is not solved.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Your download seems to be corrupted.

Try uninstall the driver and redownload the driver and then reinstall again (even better would be driver 380 though).

• Hi Maurice,

Thanks for your reply.

I uninstall and try to install the driver, but it is apperared same error. I have informed Fanatec Support and waiting for solution.

• I have tried it from another windows pc and finally updated the firmware 😀

• Felipe ViciniFelipe Vicini Member
    edited November 2020

So just to add to this I was also having the exact same problem. Using another windows PC also fixed it for me but I didn't actually use another PC. I created a partition on one of my hard drives and installed a fresh copy of windows on it. Then the firmware updated no issues. Hopefully this helps others with the same problem in the future.

• Most of the time, firmware update issues are due to Windows USB drivers acting up. Also USB3.0 has/had a bad reputation regarding connection and stability with Fanatec hardware, at least up until a year or two ago.