Weak vibration ClubSport v3

The vibration works in games like it should, but the vibration is very weak. When the kick in, I can barely feel anything, usually nothing. But the motors run when they're supposed to. Is there any way to increase the intensity of the vibration?

Tried the pedals on both USB and connected to my DD1. Same same.

Even tried them in SimHub via USB, where the intensity is adjustable, same weak stuff even at 100%.

Comments

• no, you cant adjust the strength over their maximum output. 100% is 100% and you cant force them to vibrate with 200% strength or so. They are just not very strong.

• Ok, thanks, that was what I suspected, that running these motors at 5 volts won't generate more vibration than this.

The solution then will be to disconnect the motors from the controller board and hook them up to an Arduino with a motor driver instead. :)

• What may help a little is to mount the vibration motor upside-down (I did that with the brake motor on my CSP v3 and it made the vibration a little more present). You could also consider adding a bit of weight to the rotating part, though I don't know if that will make it wear out more quickly.

In the end, the vibration motor strength isn't very well-matched with the sturdiness of the pedals. Because of the solid construction, vibrations simply don't come through very well.