ClubSport steering wheel Porsche 918 RSR delivered defective

Hello Fanatec-Team,

I bought the above mentioned wheel in Black Friday, but unfortunately it was delivered defective. That means that the third, red LED on the steering wheel is defective and does not light up.

How does a complaint work? Fanatec does not send any return information. 

I would prefer if Fanatec sends me a new wheel and then I send the defective one back. 

I can't find any information online for a return/complaint.

How does this work?

I thank you!

Best regards, Thomas

Comments

• You always have to contact the support through your account section in the webshop to get a RMA started.

A video is pretty much always requiered to help the support team to understand and visually see the issue.

Its not possible afaik to get a new wheel send to you before you send the broken one back, it was always that you have to send the defective one in and once they received it they will send a new one. But thats something you have to discuss with the support team.

• Thank you very much for your quick answer. In principle, I already had contact with the colleagues, but I didn't know if everything would go through the e-mail address ([email protected]). 

Apparently so?

I was in contact because I was not sure if the bank transfer could be assigned after 3 days. 

Via this e-mail I also received a CRM number and now I simply replied to the e-mail with pictures.

I didn't make a video, but the pictures show that I have the Fanatec control panel open in the background and that I am doing the LED test. It is clearly visible that the last red LED is not lit. 

I hope that I will receive a quick answer about this.

It is a bit of a pity that you have to wait several days for an answer and only then you can send the defective steering wheel back. 

And then one hopes that this will be checked and processed quickly. So at least 14 days will pass. 

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

I'm sorry to hear about that Thomas.

Maurice is correct, opening a support ticket via the My Products section of your account is the recommended route.

There is an alternative option for a defective item out of the box, which is to contact customer service / fulfillment team via the main contact form on the site "I have a question about my order", and select the option "I want to return a product". This way you will receive a refund and you can place a new order.

This approach can potentially be faster, but only if there is stock ready to ship. Bear in mind that a refund can be only be processed once the returned item is verified. In this case, it looks like it would not be faster, as there are no 918 units in stock for EU at the moment. (The support team may also be low on spare parts or replacement units, but I hope they can sort it for you as soon as possible).

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Hi Dominic,

many thanks for the note to the retoure. I will open another ticket right away.

It is of course a pity that the warehouse for the EU is empty at the moment. But nothing can be done. 

I also thought about the possibility to change the display. After all, it is only screwed together.

It would be the easiest and fastest solution, if the display is available separately at all.

Enclosed you find a picture of the defect. I also packed the steering wheel directly again and did not use it at all. 

I am curious how the exchange will proceed. 

Regards, Thomas