Firmware Update Failed CSW V2

Hello guys,

Today i try to install Driver 399 on my CSW V2 and power shut off during Bootload Mode.

Now i cant start the wheelbase, start button is not red or blue, fan stay off and wheel base not recognize from

computer.....

What can i do to reload a firmware?

Any advice?

Thank you.

PS: CSW V2, E-Sport F1 Wheel, CSP V3

Comments

• try to get the base back into bootloader mode if possible and see if you can update the base again.

Press and hold the power button for approx. 10 secs to get into the bootloader mode. The power button should flash in blue then.

• Hello Sascha,

That just my issue. i can push and hold the power button so long i want, the wheelbase dont start. no red light or blue light on the power button...

i think the firmware is damaged or corrupted or removed during the update and now i cant start because i miss the firmware.....

Cheers

• Another thing to try would be to fully unplug your wheel base from power (no mains, no USB) and remove the wheel for a few minutes (I assume, for capacitors to discharge). Then put the wheel back and plug everything back in. I (rarely) have some weird power-on issues with my 2.5 that are easily fixed this way. This seems to do a full clean start of the wheel base and differs from just turning it off or unplugging it briefly.

I don't know if that will help you. I assume the issue I'm having is caused by the firmware but apart from that everything works as expected so I'm a bit wary of upgrading to a more recent firmware! I'll wait until there is more feedback on recent drivers before attempting that.

• Hello Michael,

Thank you for this reply. I will try ASAP and give you a feedback.

Cheers

• Hello Michael,

Just try, without success :(..... Power button push shortly, no fan start, no red light.... Power button hold 10 sec, nothing, no blue light from Bootloader Mode, no ringing from Windows recognize, Dont know if Fanatec can fix this, i open a support ticket yesterday, but no answer at this time. Hope i can send the wheelbase back for repair.....

thank you for your time

Cheers

Francois