400 firmware not responding both manual and auto installation

wow well done guys. Your new 400 firmware is junk. I've tried clicking on the Big Green update button that's supposed to update both the wheel base and the wheel and it just hangs, eventually says not responding. so I tried to manually do each piece separately also still hangs. Thank you for a hundred percent failure. Got my new McLaren GT3 wheel today and wanted to make sure everything was updated. Here's hoping it will work with old firmware since your new stuff is broken as hell.

Comments

• also the PDF that you ship with the 400 is not even accurate. When I go to the update tab it shows the older update display in pdf, but now when I click on the update tab in software it brings up that new display with the big green button, the firmware manager page. so your instructions aren't even helpful. Very frustrated, expected more from you guys.

• 1. It's definitely related to my wheelbase. sorry I didn't put it in the firmware section. Feel free to move it.

2. not sure how much more helpful I can be other than it does not work at all, not even a little bit, it's totally broken. that's the most feedback I can give for something that has failed.

3. Clearly stated that I'm on driver 400 it was the first line of my post

Current base firmware shows as 656 current firmware on the McLaren shows us 37 it's trying to update to 684 on the base and 40 on the wheel.

• "Your new firmware is junk" how is this helpful feedback?

Regardless, which was the previous driver you were using? Did you uninstall the previous driver first and installed the new one then?

Did you try the repair function yet?

Also, please report driver related issues in the beta thread next time, because your message can't be moved and always add which products you are using.

• Saying that the new firmware is junk s definitely helpful feedback for someone else that might be thinking about doing it and lets them know... Stay away from this, it doesn't work. also when you pay good money for something you're completely welcome to express your feelings when that money spent is on a product that does not work as advertised. Don't put out a firmware that's not ready to go.

yes I uninstalled the previous driver version. I cannot remember what one it was, if I'm guessing I would say maybe 3.86 or something around there. Anyway it's now gone and I don't remember the version.

Still stuck, cannot update either manually or with the auto button. If anybody figures out a solution it would be appreciated if it was posted.

not sure why that this should have gone in the beta forum, the firmware is not listed as beta when I went to download it.

• I am stuck as well. No FFB at all on my DD1, that I purchased 12/15/2020. Waiting for support.