CSL Elite Dead After Beta Driver 400 - No LED on boot, only fan sound

Hi all,

I just got my McLaren GT3 rim after a month of waiting, shortly after getting it plugged in, set up & good to go, I did some laps & proceeded to download the new drivers just to make sure I wasn't missing out on anything.

After beginning to add the firmware for 400, I got a "Default Hex File failed to load" error & after following the usual instructions around that (even as odd as wiping windows entirely), I reinstalled the 400 drivers and proceeded to upload it. Again, same old "Default Hex File failed to load" error. After that, my wheel shut off and won't stay on after releasing the power button.

This is not related to the PSU, it's fine, while the power button is held the wheel fights me showing me that the motor is getting sufficient power, but the LED for the power button doesn't come on and the fans turn on but everything stops upon releasing. The wheels screen does not power up, not on the McLaren wheel nor the F1 wheel. This tells me something within the wheel has apparently crapped the bed as a result of a potentially corrupted firmware being forced onto it's onboard memory.

Really not sure what to do, I submitted a support ticket, but was hopeful someone knew of a way to fix this outside of the "hold the power button for 10 seconds" solution which unfortunately does not work in this situation. Really disappointed with this after waiting for so long to receive my wheel.

Comments