Formula V2 Wheel stops responding

I have this wheel connected to a Clubsport 2.5 Wheelbase and the gear shifts and buttons become unresponsive on an intermittent basis, although the wheel turns. It's happened twice now in the span of two days. The wheel is firmly secured to the base and the pegs are not bent at all. Turning the wheelbase off seems to fix it temporarily however it doesn't solve the issue.

Is anyone else having the same issue, and if so, how did you fix it?

Comments

• I have exactly the same problem. Fanatec took ages to respond to ask if I wanted to send it to their workshop for repair. I've replied that I would like that and I am now waiting ages once again for them to tell me how.

I have a thread on this forum with all my symptoms and what I've tried. I did think I had it cracked by tightening the screw in the middle of the quick release, where the pins are. That solved it for all of a day unfortunately.

• I am having the same problem.. Tonight i am attempting to update everything.. and all was going well until it came to the wheel when i connected the wheel my pc attempted to update the firmware on 3 occasions.. At the end of this process it is now it is telling me that it can update the wheel because it is in xbox mode... which it is not.. Its in pc mode.. and the wheel has caution update firmware flashing on the screen... fanatec firmware manager is stuck with please wait on screen......

• Your wheel needs to be in bootmode (blue cirkel) to perform a firmware upgrade.

• Jerome FreryJerome Frery Member
    edited February 2021

Hi Ben,

I have the same problem as yours. When I have the issue then I check the control panel and I get the following picture which is defintely not my wheel.

I just sent a mail to the support. Waiting for a reply...

• I am having the same problem and have been unable to create a support ticket. Tried 3 browsers and 2 pcs even with clearing cache but not able to send a request. Have you heard back from them?

• Hi

Many people have this problem.

I have already found 3 topics that talk about these problems.

I too have been having my steering wheel randomly disconnecting since February.

I've tried everything, but nothing works.

I have sent them an email but no answer😡