Fanatec Podium DD1 Driver issues causes 1-2 seconds loss per round

hi maybe i am false here but i tested today night something weird.

When i connect my Podium DD1 the first time to my new installed and only used for iRacing Windows10 PC and want to calibrate the wheel, Pedals and shiftefs in the Fanatec driver softwre i receive an error which says, turn wheel off and on again, and after that i work fine in the settings and it detects all good. Everything seems to be allright.

Today night i made a small training to drive a time attack session, and my time in Monza was 2.03.4xx s until the training. Then i thought ok i will give the time trial a try. But their i detetected, that the steering wheel wasn‘t detected in Fanalab, that was strange, and i took a look in the driver settings and i said that wheel has to restarted to work properly, ok i did that and so i made my Time Trial, vut no chance to make a time under 2.04.xxx seconds, the car had not the same grip like before and it feeld not right.

Now i changed the USB Port where the wheel connects to and tested in Fanalab where i saw, that no wheel could be detected. Now i made a new excecise round and imediatley i was able to drive my 2.03.4 second Rounds.

That seems a little weird to me, because i try hard to drive constantly and not to push to far, but here it was realy clear for me, that something has drastically changed, between Practice and Time Trial.

My PC settings:

Intel i5 10500k on a MSI Z490 Gaming, 32 GB Ram 3600, 3090 GeForce and only NVME Storage. The Computer is Custom Watercooled and has good Performance (about 16k Firestrike Extreme). I use VR Pimax Artisan and constantly 120Hz refreshrate.

Maybe someone has tested something similar ;-)

Best greetings

Jhonny

Comments

• Good change the track was not the same and also not your car in terms of how much fuel was in the car.

iRacing has variable sessions most of the time and those are not the same between all race modes. So if in doubt that there is something with your base first remove the race mode variable and track conditions variable. For example only do Time Attack to see if the problem is there. Time Attack is one of the modes that are always in the same conditions with each round, same fuel load to keep it fair between everybody that tries.

All other modes have a change to get in different temps, which can have massive impact on grip and also most of the time you consume fuel in the other modes which makes your car lighter and you quicker.