DD1 wheelbase shutting off

hardware setup: DD1, formula V2 wheel, Clubsport V3 wheels.

running all the latest FW as of today 3/6/2021

While playing F12020 the wheel will randomly shut off, and it’ll take 1-2 seconds to come back on after hitting the power button on the back. It appears to be a software or hardware cutoff thing, as when it happens it will consistently happen in the same location. Typically touching a curb in a high speed corner. It’s ruining the gameplay for me and I can’t seem to find any answers online. Reached out to fanatec support a few days ago but still awaiting a reply. Hoping someone has had this issue before and can offer up some support.

Comments

• What is the exact driver and firmware versions you are using? v356?

The date doesn’t tell anything to really validate if you are on a recent firmware.

You also disabled all power saving options on the USB ports? Already tried a different USB port?

• Jason SmartJason Smart Member
    edited March 2021

PC Driver: 402

Wheel base Firmware: 40

Wheel Base Motor Firmware: 40

Steering Wheel Firmware: 40

I think I've ruled out it being the USB port as I can disconnect the USB and the wheelbase stays on, it doesn't cut out the same way it does during gameplay. I'm also pretty sure It's related to what the wheelbase is doing, as when it cuts out on a certain track, it will always cut out in that same place. I believe that it's been a high speed corner, right at the apex, every time. Also, it has now happened in F12020 and Assetto Corsa, both at high speed corner apex.

Is there a way to collect error logs and send them in, or something similar? I'm sent a support request in 5 days ago and am still awaiting an initial response from Fanatec.

• The best is I think to try also in the beta forums of the version you use. Maybe they can help there to collect more data.

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/22210/fanatec-driver-402-before-399-incl-new-firmware-manager-for-csl-csw-and-podium-wb-all-wheels#latest

• Hi Jason,

just got my new DD1 wheelbase and unfortunately got the same issue - after 2 to 4 laps on Silverstone (ACC) DD1 simply shuts down, after restarting the wheelbase, the FFB ist gone until the game is restarted as well. Running ACC on a AMD 5 5600X CPU, AMD X570 Mainboard.

Tried so far using different USB Ports, updating BIOS since there was a bug on AMD Mainboards with USB... running all the latest drivers for DD1, Motor, Wheel-Quick-Release, Button Module Endurance, CSP V3, but nothing helped.

Seems to be Torque related, since the power off usually happens when turning in to high speed corners with accompanied sudden wheel load / torque.

Fun-Fact: When I remove the torque-key and set FFB to 100 % to reach a comparable FFB-Strength and feeling as it was before with torque key plugged in, then I could easily go 10 laps + without any issue. Did you tried this as well?

Attached my logs for further research