new DD2 issues

I opened a Fanatec support ticket but thought I'd post here in hopes of a quicker answer.

I received my DD2 a few dayss ago (upgrading from an Elite) and I am having issues. The wheel will randomly spin left or right and send me off the roadway. When in high-torque mode it is pretty violent. The odd thing is that once it spins I can continue on with the wheel 360 degrees from where it was before the spin. It is almost like the wheelbase at some point thinks the center is 360 degrees from where it is set and spins to get there. It happens very often, 2 or 3 times per lap.

It does it in every game I tried (AC, ACC, Automobilista 2). It occurs with the Formula V2 wheel and a different wheel I own (universal hub). I updated to the latest firmware before I did anything: PC driver 400, WB firmware 684, Motor firmware 40. I uninstalled the 400 driver and tried 381 but there was no change so I went back to 400. I tried re-calibrating the motor. I initially had the wheel base hooked up to an Anker USB hub but I have since switched it directly to an USB port on the back of my PC with no change. I tried USB 2.0 and 3.1 ports with no change. I tried unplugging everything USB except for mouse and keyboard. I tried the beta 4.02 drivers.

Please let me know if there is anything else I should try. Thanks.

Comments

• I've tried older drivers and firmware over the last couple of days with no change. I did have the wheel spin 720 degrees a few times (much more violent). I have heard nothing back from Fanatec yet.

1) Any idea what the normal response time is for Fanatec support?

2) Assuming I have to RMA, any chance they cross-ship me a new one? This is a brand new wheelbase that has never worked properly. Seems like I should not have to wait while they diagnose and repair.

Thanks

• Any service / response from Fanatec?

• Sorry it took so long to follow-up.

I ended up sending a video to Fanatec Support. They had me send it to their service center in California (I'm in the USA) for testing. They eventually sent me a new wheel base. My only frustration was that with emails, shipping and testing, it took about a month to resolve.