Clubsport 2.5 Wheel very stiff

Hi.

Really need some help with this issue. If someone is able to resolve this i would be grateful.

Some background.

I purchased a CSL Elite a few years ago. All was fine. FFB seemed shall we say as expected.

At somepoint the wheel characteristics changed. Sadly i cannot remember if this was following a Fanatec driver update but this was well over 18 months ago this issue occured.

I can describe the CSL Elite issue as the wheel becoming exceptionally stiff the closer it turned to 90 degrees. For example on a normal recommended fanatec setting, the wheel would be too stiff to exit the Pitlane at Spa ( La Source )

I assumed that i had a problem with the wheel like wear and tear and perhaps something had broke.

I temporally switched back to a Logitech G29 whilst i waited for my new clubsport 2.5 to arrive.

I hadn't used the G29 for so many years that i couldn't remember what the ffb was like but i had this slight feeling that the ffb was too heavy but was just a guess.

So now the clubsport wheel has arrived to use with iracing. All the fanatec settings are set to recommended and the iracing settings arent particularly set to anything over powered. 8nm and 8.5 ffb.

However the wheel is too stiff.

To describe it i would say to get a normal feeling of weight from the wheel i need to either turn the FFB on the wheel down to 40 or change the FOR setting down to 40 or 50 but then i lose a lot of feeling from the wheel so something isnt right.

It can only describe it like i am driving with 200% dampening the wheel is that stiff.

I tried various drivers with the CSL to rectify the problem but nothing changed.

By process of elimination, unless anyone has any other ideas i am thinking that somewhere there is a driver issue?

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Comments

• Ben BishopBen Bishop Member
    edited March 2021

Make sure drift mode is set to off. - numbers will add stiffness, I also had this issue. Also if you’re still finding it over powering try reducing FEI to around 80 before turning FFB down.