Vibrations in DD2 whilst idle (with and without pc, game and rim )

Dear Readers,

Since a few weeks (i cannot remember this being an issue when i got it) it is starting to bug me that my wheel vibrates (feels like holding a spinning and searching harddisk) i feel this as long as the wheel is powerd on, it comes form the shaft and resonates into the rim, i have it with both rims i own. i've factory reset the DD2 and reinstalled the drivers but nothing changed. only when i turn of the ffb on the emergency button does it go away (turn of the motor but keep the connection on). erasing the anti motor calibration and redo the calibration does not help, after calibration the shaft vibrates violent without a rim on (like what they use for toys in the bedroom) which i think is not how it is supposed to be. after moving the shaft around the vibration is back to harddisk level.

I have contacted fanatec but response is very slow (they suggested to do the clean install of drivers ect), is there a way to reinstall the firmware or are people aware of this problem, or alternatively am i just crazy and is this normal.

I'm in running leagues so i would rather preffer that i do not have to send the DD2 back to fanatec.

Comments

• It is normal because it is a magnetic out runner motor and those vibrations normal.

Should be minimal and not affecting you while driving.

Unless we are talking for something totally different.