Fanatec CSL elite stuck in update

Im currently using fanatec wheel base updater to try and update my wheel base unfortunately it is stuck the green bar at the top is full and the message logs are as follows:

---------------------------------------------------

CSL Elite PS4 Wheel Base Detected

Device connected

Default Hex file loading failed

Flash Erased

----------------------------------------------------

not sure what to do the last time this happened it ended up killing my wheel base and I had to send it for repairs.

Comments

• mine did exactly the same left it over night came back today and it had turned off now just the red light but only when you hole the power button in soon as i let go turns off.. 5mths old grrrrr

• I have got same problem before. I have tried to update from another windows PC and it has been worked. The reason that you are facing such a problem is lack of hex file on your windows PC. I have also contacted with Fanatec Customer support fot that problem and they send me following instruction.

I did not try following instructiıns because I have solved the problem via updating the device from another windows PC

Try to update the firmware of your Wheelbase following the instructions below please.

- Download the attached zip file on your PC. Extract the hex file on the desktop or in any another location you like.

- If you do not have fanatec driver on your PC, please download one from this link: https://www.fanatec.com/forum/categories/beta-drivers.

- Mount the steering wheel on the wheelbase and connect it to the PC.

- Turn your wheelbase on and open fanatec wheel property page. Click on properties and go to update page. 

- Click on Update Wheelbase Firmware. A new widow will pop up on the desktop , click on "Connect " then clock on this icon (...) to upload the hex file which you extracted before.

- Click on Flash Firmware. 

• Hey guys I was having the same problem and fixed it by using a new USB cable and plugging it into a USB 2.0 port. Once the firmware updated I was able to use the Club Sport V2 when before it wouldn't even turn on. Good Luck!