Clubsport V2.5 Switcing into Xbox mode Randomly With Clubsport Steering Wheel Hub for Xbox One

I essentially am having two problems. The first is that when plugging into an Xbox one X after following all directions in the manual the wheel base will not switch into Xbox mode. If it does, it is only momentarily, and there are a multitude of random button presses happening on the screen.

The second problem, and probably the most annoying is when i am playing Asseto Corsa on my PC the wheel base will randomly enter into Xbox mode. I then have to remove the wheel, and re attach it to get it working again. This usually causes the force feedback to stop working, and I have to exit the game, and reenter. 

-Clubsport steering wheel hub for xbox one

-Clubsport V2.5

-Clubsport V3 inverted pedals

-Driver version 402

-All firmware updated for base, and pedals. To my knowledge there is no firmware updates for Clubsport steering wheel hub for xbox one.

Comments

• I have exactly the same problem! Meanwhile tested on 2 different PCs without done.

Universal HUB XBOX
    Clubsport CSW 2.5
    V3 pedals
    Latest drivers.

The base was replaced last week because the motor firmware was down to 0 after an update, the chip was defective.

The error is still there after receiving the base!

I suspect 3 things currently:

Fanatec Beta driver problems, if so, PLEASE FANATEC PROVIDE A FEEDBACK!

Again defective chips in mass production

Loose contact from Universal hub with larger forces.

The error is usually noticeable 2-10 minutes before failure because your brake bias or other things are simply changed, this comes from the wrong information from the steering wheel.

Maybe that's why so many wheelbases are defective after the update? Maybe screwed up with the Fanatec Universal Hub?

• So, I ended up backing up the Driver to 381, and I downloaded the firmware that came with those drivers.

• Clubsport steering wheel hub for xbox one
    • Clubsport V2.5
    • Clubsport V3 inverted pedal
    • Driver 381 With coinciding firmware

This seems to have fixed both issues I was having. I will test a bit more today, and make sure I do not see this happening again.

I have run into a separate issue now where I will get random clutch inputs. I was getting it before too, but it was the least of my worries. Now I will try to figure out a way to fix this.

Is anyone else having the same issue with Random clutch blips during racing?

• I confirm:

Firmware 3.81 fixes xbox mode switch issue

Likewise, I can report that the pedals work with the 3.81 drivers, even though the firmware of driver 4.02 is flashed.

The "flickering" of the pedalleria, or the incorrect input of clutch is done by the driver 4.02 firmware for the pedals. Either flash the firmware from driver 3.81, or calibrate the pedalleria manually. Minimum value so set your foot on the pedal. The flicker doesn't go away completely, but it's so dwindlingly small that it doesn't disadvantage.

• Michael GarzaMichael Garza Member
    edited May 2021

I seem to be having the same issues with the Xbox mode switching with firmware 3.81. Doesn't happen as often, maybe once every 20-60 min. Where before it was doing it as soon as I was plugging it in. Any other suggestions on what may fix this, or do I just need to send it in to get it fixed? I have already tried tightening the crews in the Wheel base, and wheel itself, but nothing seems to work. I also purchased a WRC wheel , and when I plug that one in the buttons go crazy on the setup screen like all of them are being pressed at once.

• I have the problem where it switches into xbox mode randomly. I don't think it has anything to do with mechanical issues like pin connections. I suspect it is a driver corruption issue when a program is running because it seems to fault straight away when I try to race the AI in Assetto Corsa Competizionne making the game unplayable. Other occasions when it happens, is sometimes in original AC, again when I race against AI but also it can fault when I play online on some random server. I think it is definitely a driver fault or corruption.