DD1 possible damage issue

Hello everyone.

I have seen a recent YouTube video of a potential problem that could cause a major damage to the DD1 podium. Pls have a look at the video below and pls advise if Fanatec is able resolve this problem and if Fanatec can offer a solution or a better replacement part to revert this problem.

A small plastic part can damage the DD1 completely.

await your comments

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Alex,

Hopefully I can alleviate your concerns with a few points:

• This is an extremely rare issue, I'd never heard of it myself. I checked with the support department and they confirmed the same.
    • There should be no concerns that this plastic part is not up to the task due to the fact it is shares its design with QRs from the CSL and ClubSport Series wheel bases. We have used this design for years and it is well-proven.
    • This piece does not take any of the rotational forces going through the shaft - the torque is applied on the outer metal parts of the QR.
    • The wheel base is almost certainly not 'damaged completely' as a result of this. It only appears to be the QR, which is easily replaced.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Hello Dominic

Thank you very much for your quick response. I’m glad to read that the part can be replaced and won’t damage the whole podium DD1 wheel base. If this happens to my wheel base, can I replace the damage part myself or do I need to send the DD1 wheel base to your local service centre in Australia.

await your reply.

regards

Alex

• Alex I would suggest to contact support through your account under "my products" tab. Describe the issue and also put the link of the video and they will guide you on what needs to be done and how.