New setup advice - DD1 or CSL DD

Hi all, I want to buy a new Fanatec complete set up. I already own a Logitech G29 and a ClubSport pedal V1.

I would buy a CSL DD or DD1 and two wheels, Mc Laren GT3 and WRC (maybe with QR 1 ClubSport) . I also want to buy a shifter and handbrake.

Here is my question. As WRC and McLaren GT3 are "low torque only" with DD1, does it worth to buy a DD1 if it is llimited to nearly 8 Nm, or is it better to buy a full power CSL DD at 8 Nm ?

For now, I don't think buying other wheels. But, as it is said in StarWars... always in motion is the future...

What is DD1 low torque in Nm ? More or equal to CSL DD ?

What is the point using DD1 limited to low torque ?

What is your advice, DD1 or CSL DD ?

Thanks for your response ;)

Comments

•  As WRC and McLaren GT3 are "low torque only" with DD1

McLaren GT3 V2 with the ClubSport Quick Release Adapter can use the full torque of DD1.

• Thank you Hristo Goshev, I thought even with ClubSport Release Adaptater, the torque was limited...

Is it the same with WRC ?

So, if I buy a DD1, I would use it at full power with McLaren GT3 (I already planned to buy CS Quick Release)... It would be better than CSL DD ;)

Anyway, does somenone know how much Nm of torque is low torque DD1 ?

• Is it the same with WRC ?

No, the torque is limited even with ClubSport Quick Release Adaptater.

• Thank you, Hristo Goshev... I'll have to deal with it, for the WRC wheel... If I can afford it later, I'll buy podium wheel, and then enjoy a DD1 !

Anyway, GT3 MacLaren with full torque power will be great, I guess !

• Why do the DD1 and DD2 both not say they're PS ready? Are those different versions and unavailable right now? The way it looks, I have to spend $1800 on the F1 wheel and base if I want to play Gran Turismo. :(

• Yes, they are different from the PS DD version. They do not have the PlayStation security chip.

• This security chip thing is a real PITA. To play on Xbox the chip is in the wheel, but you can't even order a Formula wheel with one right now. To play on PlayStation the chip is in the wheel base, but you can't order one of those right now either. Console players are just screwed right now.

• I know I’m beating a dead horse but the “global chip shortage” in general that we are currently experiencing is definitely not helping. I mean it doesn’t matter if you have a console or a PC, unless you wanna spend over 1K, nothing is in stock. There also is still no real timeframe as to when a PS CSL DD will be available, other than “this year”. It wasn’t to long ago that the Formula V2 was still on the site, that was compatible to everything, but I’m not positive what happens to it. Hell, now the Formula V2.5 pre-order availability is January 2022. So…..I mean shit I really want one, but I will not give money for something which I wouldn’t get for 7 months.

• Matthew BoyerMatthew Boyer Member
    edited July 2021

And I get that it's hard to take pre-orders for things that require parts you don't know when you're going to get. Difficult planning mission. I'm encouraged they've said they want to fulfill PS versions before the year is over, I hope they're planning accordingly and not just putting all the PS versions at the back of the DD line. I hope the sell it in waves again with the first wave shipping in September - October.

It's odd that you can order the DD1 (PS compatible) in the F1 bundle w/ blue wheel, but you can't order a PS compatible DD1 by itself.

• I think it had something to do with it being a packaged deal seeing that it was officially licensed by F1. So, probably some agreement/deal with Sony and F1.