Newbie Driver

Hey, i need some help i have been driving with controller for few years now and now want a complete setup to gain more fun by driving with steering wheel, i have currently been doing alot of research on fanatec and more. I am confused which works with ps5 and the only one i see is the podium wheel which is out of my budget. i heard pedals is where you need to invest in and cant find a wheel base on ps5 on this website. Would anyone advice me to go second hand on some equipment? some people have told me to just buy the logictech g29 set up? thanks dan

Comments

• F1 Podium is only one at this state.

There is leaked picture of incoming product which maby true or not, if You want go with Fanatec I would wait.

My advice is not to buy G29 (I had one), if You need wheel now buy T300 instead.

• "...i heard pedals is where you need to invest in..."

Big "yes" from me! I upgraded from Logitech G27 to Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3 and Podium DD1. The load cell brake is a game changer. Whatever you do, go for load cell brake if you can afford it and find a PS5-compatible set! I'm PC player, so no specific advice from me...

• Fanatec Podium series pedals, when?

Many gone from V3 to Heusinkveld or other more pro pedals.

B.J. SimRacing offers pedals with hydraulic brake under 1000eur.

• For pedals, this is your solution:

Get the Dampner Kit and the Load Cell boost kit as well. You will need the adapter to connect it to the PC via USB if you do not have a Fanatec Wheelbase. Move the gas and brake just a little closer together than is comfortable and move the clutch just to the left of where the steering column would be in the car. Next, adjust the brake and gas pedals so the brake is the distance from the bottom of the ball of your right foot to the bottom of the right hand side of the same foot (duh) behind the gas pedal. This will allow you to keep a touch of power on at "rest" and will get you ready for throttle blipping and heel-toe braking.

The brake should feel like pushing on a steel pipe in the ground at rest. immobile. Play is the enemy. You had better make sure these pedals are anchored. Get a stand of some kind as well or the floor will suffer. The brake is the car's primary voice when in use. Under throttle, the tires take the lead. for most, the wheel transmits that data. Of course turns require a mix of both.

My very real issue with that PS5 wheel is the ability to change wheels, as in can you or not. I think no, because of Sony. I ordered a PC/XBOX DD CSL and can use any wheel with it. Uh, whenever it arrives lol.

• ^

You linked V3 pedals...

Except you can´t adjust pedal distances, there is 90kg load cell and no need for adapter.

Damper Kit is waste of money, Performance Kit is better.

If pedals is immobile it´s same to put steel rod instead of rubbers.

🙄

• You are right about moving the pedals, I was wrong, sorry for the bad info. You CAN change the pedal type and/or move the throttle and brake closer. The dampner is for the throttle only. Indeed i over exaagerated about the steel pipe, but newbies expecially have no idea how stiff racing brakes are. Coming from a G920 this is a whole new world.

Keep in mind how counterintuitive race driving is to new people.