CSWv2 Not as free spinning

Recently I've noticed my CSWv2 base not being as "loose" as it once was. I tried putting it to DRI 5 and it doesn't seem to accelerate as it once did! Has newer driver changed the way DRI works on the older v2 base?

It feels like the internal drag has increased over time. Is it possible the motor has got more resistance now with age? DRI off definitely feels tighter than DRI 5 but it isn't free anymore :(

Comments

• Have you tried servicing it? youtube has some videos to let you know what each component does...

• No i havent, never been able to find a service video or even anything about re greasing the big gear spindle. Do you have any suggested videos?

• I still have my beta CSWv2 and it doesn't have increased resistance. Sounds like something gave the ghost unfortunately. The problem is figuring out what... is it the motor or is it one of the bearings on steeringshaft or the one on the big pulley on the left side.

Anyway, a bit late to the party as I only recently noticed your message. Hopefully it's already long sorted.