Limited Button support on Xbox platform

Hello Fanatec Team,

soon there will be new peripheral available for the MS flight simulator on XBOX and I wonder why these support so many buttons compared to wheels (and even an extra coloured display on the yoke) (see screenshot with specs).

It would really be great to get further button support in future. I learned that e.g. the Universal Hub got improved electronics which are better upgradable.

Will we get on par with PC‘s finally 🤷🏽‍♂️ Especially as Fanatec being big with e.g. ACC and official GT sponsor.

Cheers,

Alexander

Comments

• Are you sure all of those inputs are actually functional on xbox? Or are you just going by what it says in the product description?

Because as I'm sure you know, if you just go by the product description for, say, the Formula v2.5x, it shows lots of inputs too. But on xbox, many of those buttons are about as useful as a chocolate fire truck.

• Yea but come on it’s xbox, not really simulation, more simcade “”

• Sorry, but writing off an entire platform as "simcade" just reeks of PC elitism and snobbery. The platform on which you choose to play a game has nothing to do with whether or not that game should be considered a simulation.

The Xbox series consoles have plenty of power to run any racing sim that is available for them, and are comparable spec-wise to many mid- and even upper- tier gaming PCs. This being the case, Fanatec have yet to offer an acceptable reason as to why, seeing that the platform is technically capable, that customers who choose to play on Xbox get less functionality for their money when compared to their PC counterparts.

There have been numerous threads in this and other forums across the web, and as far as I'm aware, no one from Fanatec has ever publicly stepped up to address the situation and shed light on exactly why the disparity exists, and what (if anything) is being done about it.

• Hi, Well I take exception to your comment about writing off an entire platform as simcade, being PC elitism & Snobbery, but I have to say that is a fair and true comment.

I mean only having three usb ports sort of give you a clue as to the usefulness of an xbox it in my opinion, It is for arcade games that only require a joypad hence the three usb ports, I mean come on it won’t  even support VR and there are no plans for it, so it’s hardly equipment rated or recommended for simulation of any kind, it won’t even support Microsoft flight sim, and they make both the equipment and the software.

Writes note:

I also own an xbox one X,

And I was a manager for sony & Microsoft.

LOL

And I hold a part time position of [Troll].

Ps: as to your last comment, Fanatec won’t ever make a comment on this subject, as they also think Xbox’s are nothing more than a door stop useful to hold doors open in the summer to aid in office ventilation while we pc race 😊