CSL DD Shipping ?

Comments

• It arrived at noon today. Great!

• So i've got my shipping reference number now, put it into UPS tracking and it's got 4 seperate numbers and says 1 of 4 piece shipment,

I ordered the csl-dd, the mclaren v2, the csl pedals, the qr1 light wheel side adapter and the 5mn power supply,

5 items, or does 1 of them come in the same package as another?

• The powersupply comes with the base.

mine arrived 10 mins ago. Super happy! 🥰

• Good to know, 1 less thing to worry about, I'm expecting at least a week of waiting as ups tracking currently says the label has been printed and it's awaiting collection.

Then it's gotta come through customs to get to the uk, that'll be another £100 odd in vat etc.

Expensive hobby to get into if you include the rig as well lol

• lee spinkslee spinks Member
    edited September 2021

Well I received an email in my name saying my order has been shipped, but my account has not changed the availability date is still nov 2nd for my csl dd & boost kit,and it states an order number that’s not on my account so I’m guessing that’s another cock up……… got all excited for about 5 mins lol…..

edit: well i have managed to find the order number that they emailed me with, lol i have 2 accounts one which is for my youtube channel and one that i use personally, the YT account only has the csl load cell on it which was a test purchases, which the order number matches, the email that i received today saying it has been dispatched today, the DD and all of the wheels i have gotten are on my main account, so according to the email my csl elite load cell is on its way but i already have it lolololol could this get any worse lmfao......

• I'm in the United States and I ordered on June 8th and had a September 20th date. That was moved to October 28 and now it's November 2nd. From the looks of it, since hindsight is 20/20, there was absolutely no reason why Fanatec had to have a first wave, second wave, or a third wave for these units since it looks like the 2nd and 3rd waves are being treated the same nowadays with no benefit being in any wave other than the 1st.

At this point I'll probably expect my unit to arrive around Thanksgiving and Fanatec will have a Black Friday deal of the CSL DD and the boost unit for $350. That would suck. LOL

• I had an October 9th availability date, and received the email telling me my order had been pushed to November 2nd. I was bummed, but it happens, we all checked the box. I just logged in to check and now it's fallen all the way back to 11/29. It's really frustrating to have paid for the order and be left wondering if we're even going to get the wheels this year.

I'm not expecting Fanatec to make DDs appear out of thin air, but more communication on this would make me feel a lot better, because it slipping another 27 days within a week of an email updating me tells me they actually have no clue when the next wave is arriving stateside. It's a pretty bad experience.

• Little update on my order, it would seem that there are more and more errors, the email I got said my order is ready was for the load cell I got middle of last year, I emailed fanatic last night and got a reply this morning saying my csl DD is set for nov 2nd and the email in question was an error, and to disregard it, I also noticed the wheel page where most item’s are out of stock, and it’s looking very bad right now, unless fanatec are using the (just in time) method of stocking items which is ok, but as you can see has major downside when it comes to stocking items when an supplier has issues.

• On a positive note, In the UK, I've just had my email from ups to pay VAT and now have a delivery date of friday, That's bloody quick if it does arrive then considering the shipping label was only printed monday and the unit was dispatched tuesday.

• Some good news this morning for myself, doubt it will stay this way but had an original availability date of November 6th (July 16th order) and that was moved back to November 29th but this morning it has been moved back forward to November 2nd. I’m in the US for reference. Not getting my hopes up because I’m expecting it to be late November based off everything that’s happening despite the newly updated November 2nd availability

• Hello guys, in my order list I can't find any expected delivery date. Is that normal? I ordered a month ago.

Thanks

• When you look at the order, should be a button for "view", hit that and it should show all the items in the order, by the csl-dd it should then show an expected date.

• 😥😥😥😥

• Seeing this now with my order as well. Seems like the estimations are just generally a mess. Hopefully they'll firm up a bit closer to November.

• Nathan WongNathan Wong Member
    edited September 2021

For the US, we all know the delay is because of the 60+ ships that are anchored outside Southern California that's causing the delay. Once the ship that has all the Fanatec boxes unloads we will probably be inundated with CSL DD and those that ordered after June 8 will get them the same time as those in the 2nd wave. I'm just assuming, of course, but I'm sure I'm not far off base.

• I am just wondering how many units have Fanatec shipped, to date, to the 4 different zones. (US, Australia, Japan & Europe)

• Isaac SmithIsaac Smith Member
    edited September 2021

I believe as of today off the California coast there are now over 80 ships waiting to dock, every source says something different and it’s not going to get any better as the holidays get closer, so I’m expecting more delays

• Ordered June 8th, second wave, with early Sept delivery date. Then moved to Sept 20th, now moved to October 28th. I am in California

• im still crying i have 7 weeks to go 😪

• My ups tracking has updated to being in the uk, delivery scheduled for tomorrow, order was 1278 with an original expected date of 24 sept, looks like it was reasonably accurate lol

• My order number was 1294 and my date went from sep to oct then to nov 2nd, so by the order ref it would seem it’s not waves its being done by numerical order...!!

• Yes they said they are going by first come first serve essentially, whoever ordered first gets their product first. The waves of preorders were never really intended to be delivery blocks, rather just give certain people earlier access to ordering the base. At this point all orders will be shipped based on date ordered in your region

• My order number is between you guys with an "availability" date initially of 19 Oct, moved to 8 Oct. I think 19 Oct looks about right.

• My CSL DD changed from 23/11 to 02/11, but then my GT V2 steering wheel I ordered with it changed from 06/10 to 17/01/22! No!! Why!!!

• I suspect a few comments have nailed the topic on the head. My dates as well have floated forwards and backwards as well. JIT delivery is the industry standard.. especially in manufacturing industries. I imagine the dates being presented on the orders screen is dynamic based upon the delivery estimates of the shipping containers and pallets from the docks. As mentioned its a mess.. factories are running on limited capacity, shippers are running on limited capacity, docks and warehouses are being shut due to covid and manpower. This coupled with a mass prebuy from an incredibly interested community... this all puts stress on the system. Also coupled with supply chain and delivery issues for raw materials. See the recent articles about complex products sitting in the production lines waiting for a SINGLE item lol. its crazy. but its unfortunately understandable. Id hate to be in the industry right now in customer service. spent 20 years in manufacturing. its a no win scenario. But.. itll get better. (try buying a decent graphics card right now <cry>). I applaud Fanatec for doing there best right now and cant wait to get mine... I made the jump and this is my first DD from a Logitech base with Acelith wheel. im sure Fanatec is as as stressed out as we are. Glad to see people are starting to get theirs and I eagerly await mine :) from what i hear its a pretty epic improvement from my setup. Good luck all and keep smiling like you mean it :)

• Hear hear! What Fanatec COULD do is communicate more. I have not recieved one email since my order confirmation. Normally thats ok, I do not want to be spammed by companies. In this case however, A set of emails to all orders with a message giving some of the issues. Californai container ships, parts shortages what have you, and a reassurance that yes, your stuff is coming. Would go a long way.

• definitely agree with your there...

i am just telling myself, it will arrive when it does.

why use manpower towards that though? the csl dd is so competitively priced as such. they have a product with customers who are willing to pay to order and wait.

• So I’m not sure what’s going on at fanatic but this morning I got another email saying your order is dispatched, only to find it’s not the DD and boost kit, it’s for my esports wheel I got over 6 months ago, this is the second time in the same week, before it was my load cell which I had 8 months ago, so it’s not looking good when you get notified about items you have had for month’s when waiting for a pre order, any one else getting this issue?