DD1 Mechanical problem

Hi,

Received delivery yesterday and completed set up, firmware updates and calibration. Immediately upon use a problem became apparent, so went through uninstallation, reinstallation several times, checking and rechecking all connections and mounting of equipment.

The issue is with the steering wheel being sharply turned 90 degrees by the DD1, (on screen the car wheels go full lock) but this happens randomly unrelated to any possible car physics, on slow corners at low speeds, on straights at moderate speeds or higher speeds. Even with torque unplugged and with all settings on low, the reaction of the wheel is fast and unpredictable. After the wheel snaps out of my hands, the only way to straighten up the car is to continue the rotation of the steering wheel the complete 360 degrees, which sometimes means the steering wheel turns 1480 to 2960 degrees from its calibrated position at the beginning of the race.

Upon searching the internet for this issue I did discover the exact problem has already occurred to at least one other customer. Have included a video of it happening to me.

Thanks

Comments